Both sides use different ways to persuade people mostly with facts that they tested or research other did. One way the con tried to persuade people get it stuck in their mind is by using repetition because they always use the phrase violent video games are violent and just keep on repeating it over and over until your annoyed and it gets stuck on your mind. The pro sides way to persuade people is by using facts and statistics because they always explain how what the pros say is bad about violent video games the always prove them wrong. They both have different ways to persuade you but both are good at it but the difference is that one always proves the other wrong.
Both sides use good examples to explain what they are saying. One good example the pro side used was that they said that “the FBI said that playing violent video games was in a list of behaviors associated with school shootings” which is a good example because they are trying to say that the FBI said it so it must be true. This example is good for them to use because the FBI said that school shootings and violent video games are associated. One example from the text t...
... middle of paper ...
...le argument and were always proving the other side wrong. The con side made a better essay because they used lots of facts and logical things instead of the pro side which used lots of emotional examples and lots of unproven researches. One good example that the con side caught my attention was when they said that “Video games allow youth to experiment with issues such as war, violence and death without real world consequences” because they basically said that kids can experience things without going to jail. I personally don’t think that violent video games cause violence in youth because if it did then there would be a lot more school shootings and more bulling but there isn’t. The con side made a better essay period because they were always contradicting what the other side said and that’s why I side with the con side.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction Violent video games are special games, which negatively influences to the attitude and behavior. These video games are popular between children and teenagers. Since 1980-s years violent games are in political discussion. Because when teenagers usually play violent video games, they are becoming aggressive and then they face with psychological problems. For this, some people claim that violent games are harmful for society and they affect to behavior and health. It was interested in investigate about teenagers from 13 year old to 18 year about their playing violent games in the USA.... [tags: Social Skills, Aggressive, Behavior]
1061 words (3 pages)
- As technology advances, wide ranges of video games come to the market every day. This excites the different age ranges due to their improved game and image quality, and also because of their interesting and new themes or trends. Some games are well liked more than others throughout the years; for example, Grand Theft Auto, Call of Duty, EA Sports games, amongst others. Interestingly, nowadays children and young adolescents seem to be more and more thrilled about violent video games that usually include scenes with blood, death, drug, alcohol or even with sexual content.... [tags: image quality, mental disorders, regulation]
770 words (2.2 pages)
- There are claims that violent video games cause violence in kids but there are also people who say they don’t. The people who are in the pro side that are critics of violent video games claim that violent video games start school shootings and violence in youth. The people who are con side who defend violent video games say that violent video games do not cause violence in youth but instead provide a healthy opportunity for children to virtually explore war and violence without bringing it into the real world.... [tags: behavioral psychology analysis]
676 words (1.9 pages)
- Violent Video Games and their Relationship to Violent Acts It seems that in every facet of the media today, when it comes to teenagers and acts of extreme violence, people are quick to point the finger at violent video games. Several school shootings in the past were definitely used to target these types of games as the cause to violent youth. This response is usually not related to facts, but rather to emotions. People that blame violent video games for teenagers and their corrupted behaviors just want a simple answer to a complicated issue.... [tags: violence, teenagers, factos]
927 words (2.6 pages)
- Video games are almost always present in any house that is home to an adolescent child. While video games are popular among people of all ages, adolescent children are usually the most involved. An article was developed by three members of the Psychopathology department at a university in the Netherlands. While addressing the use of video games the statement was made that “Today, in the United States, 91% of children between the ages of 2 and 17 play video games”(Granic, Lobel, Engels). Children may spend countless hours sitting in from of a television screen, participating in the electronic activities.... [tags: players, hostility, criminal behavior]
1733 words (5 pages)
Violent Video Games : Effect Of Narrative Context And Reward Structure On Game And Postgame Aggression
- Children today are exposed to more graphic violence in video games compared to any past generations. This is because the media finds that making a profit, surpasses the lives of the adolescents that play these games. However, over time two set of views formed from the violence in video games. James D. Sauer, is a graduate of the School of Phycology. In his article, “Violent Video Games: The Effects of Narrative Context and Reward Structure On In-Game and Postgame Aggression,” Sauer, describes that adolescents gain forms of aggression and violence after playing certain games.... [tags: Video game, Video game controversy, Game]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Imagine this you’re a parent reading quietly in a room, then you hear shouting and stop coming from your child’s room. You normally well behaved child is screaming and shouting after losing a games in call of duty, and you are wondering why he is acting like this. What you might not realize is that it could be the violent video game affecting his behavior. The effects of violent video games in youth have devastating effects on them. These effects can range from violent behavior to acting out in school, and even possibly maybe even crime.... [tags: Video Games, Violence, Negative Effects]
1194 words (3.4 pages)
- Violent media is a prominent part of America's culture. America is the home to dozens of multimillion dollar industries that specialize in making violent media. This media usually has a rating label on it, categorizing it as being made for young children, teens, or adults. The purpose of this is to protect children from the disturbing and/or violent scenes depicted in the media. Yet, millions of children under the age of 17 still have free access to violent media. However, even though children have access, the overall effects of violence on children are not negative.... [tags: Argumentative, Violent Video Games]
1981 words (5.7 pages)
- Should Violent Video Games Be Banned. In 2008, the computer and video game industry has made $1.7 billion in revenue. Of this, 16% was made through the sale of violent video games (FYI: Video Game Statistics by the Entertainment Software Association | Critical Gaming Project). Many parents are concerned about these violent games because of how they can affect their children. Many think that these games are dangerous and should be banned. Others believe that the sale of these games should go unregulated.... [tags: minors, violent, video games, ratings]
1266 words (3.6 pages)
- The Relationship Between Video Games and Aggression As technology continues to forge ahead concerns about its effects on the populace are raised. Whether it be microwave ovens causing cancer or cell phones causing accidents, people are always interested in researching, and often condemning, these new products. Such is this case with videogames. Ever since PongÒ swept the nation, scholars have been researching videogames' effects on children. The most popular aspect of videogame research is whether or not games increase aggression.... [tags: Video Game Violence Violent Essays Effect]
1779 words (5.1 pages)