“There Is Nothing either Good or Bad, Hard or Easy,
It’s How We Choose to Think That Makes It So.”
~ William Shakespeare~
Cigarettes are drugs that have a high risk of dangerous drugs that cause the disease to the body of smokers and people who live nearby. Currently, there are many more smokers are aware of the adverse effects of smoking. But the number of smokers is still increasing. Especially worrisome and continue to cause adverse effects in both polite society and the environment. Smoking is much more to keep the population down to health problems and premature death. Of death, with smoking rates higher than other causes of death combined, including AIDS drugs, alcohol, accident and murder and suicide. It's frightening to think. In addition, smoking is a serious drug addiction, and one that can be legally purchased. Can be easily purchased in the market is cheap and widely spread out as quickly, if we are to prevent and solve security problems of the dangers of smoking, more and more. However, when many people are smoking but don't care the effect of smoking. In order to decreases the number of smokers; we must understand cause, effect and problem solving of smoking.
People start smoking for a variety of different caused. The cause of the problem depends on the individual and society and regardless of any cause. I have the same effect on many people may wonder why all smokers know that smoking is dangerous, but still continue to smoke. According to the Nurses and smoking, (2006), "the causes of smoking are many different types of categories that 1.Try, 2.Friend, 3.Smoking by parents or people in the house, 4.Socially, and 5. Stress"(p.7-8). In my opinion, I think the reason I was craving, mainly a...
... middle of paper ...
...ecause most people in the world are smoking, we can't ban all smokers but we can decrease number of smokers. When we know cause, effect and problem solving of smoking, it can help smokers have longevity, have a good health, and good new life.
กรองจิต วาทีสาธกกิจ. (2549). พยาบาลกับบุหรี่. พิมพ์ครั้งที่ 1. กรุงเทพฯ : เครือข่ายพยาบาลเพื่อการควบคุมยาสูบแห่งประเทศไทย.
รศ.ดร. รุ่งทิวา วัจฉละฐิติ และ ผศ.ดร. ประวิตร เจนวรรธนะกุล. (2550). กายภาพบำบัดกับพิษภัยของบุหรี่.พิมพ์ครั้งที่ 1. นนทบุรี : สภากายบำบัด.
ศาสตราจารย์ นพ. สมเกียรติ วัฒนศิริชัยกุล. ( 2550). การควบคุมการบริโภคยาสูบ. พิมพ์ครั้งที่ 1. กรุงเทพฯ : เครือข่ายวิชาชีพสุขภาพเพื่อสังคมไทยปลอดบุหรี่ (สสส.).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Some businesses prefer that no one smoke cigarettes in any of their offices. Most governments have banned smoking in all public places. Based on personal experience, personality style and emotional concern, we find that some hold the notion that smoking in public places should be banned. Meanwhile, others want to be as free as possible and do as they please, as long as their actions do not violate the rights of others. From my point of view, it is more sensible to ban smoking in public places rather than allow second-hand smoke to continue to harm people nearby, who breathe in the smoke.... [tags: argumentative, persuasive, Smoking Ban]
564 words (1.6 pages)
- The Advantages of Banning Public Cigarette Smoking For a long time now many people have different views about smoking in public places. Smokers feel it is their right to smoke where and when they want. On the other hand non-smokers feel smokers violate their rights and endanger their life. Smoking causes heart disease, lung cancer and other serious illnesses. Cigarette smoking is the number one cause of lung cancer. A substantial number of lung cancers that occur in non-smokers can be attributed to involuntary smoking.... [tags: Health Medicine]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- ... Tobacco smoke mainly consists of nicotine, carbon monoxide, and tar. Nicotine is used as a highly controlled insecticide, and if consumed in large amounts can lead to growth retardation and undermine a fetus’ proper development (Nordqvist). Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas that if there is enough in the surrounding atmosphere, can cause one to go into a coma and die (Nordqvist). “It is especially toxic for babies still in the womb [and] infants…” (Nordqvist). Tar can remain in the lungs one inhaled.... [tags: cigarette, second-hand smoke, lethal]
664 words (1.9 pages)
- Cigarette Companies in Capitalism Tobacco is one of the largest industries contributing to the economy of US. As reported by The Tobacco Atlas, the revenue of global tobacco industry is about a half trillion US dollars annually. In 2010, the combined profit of Coca-Cola, Microsoft, and McDonaldswas 35.1 billion US dollars, equal to the combined profit of six leading tobacco companies.(Alday)Tobacco industry is now harmful than ever. Although people realize that tobacco is harmful to one's health through tobacco taxes, smoke-free public places, advertisement bans, mass media, and health warnings, many still smoke with the influence of propaganda that cigarette companies have made.... [tags: tobacco industry, economy, advertisement]
1626 words (4.6 pages)
- Do you smell that. That foul scent mixed into the air. It’s killing you slowly inside, each time you take a breath of this putrid, polluted, dirty scent. You smell it too, the trillions of chemicals racing into your lungs. Now look around yourself, and you’ll see someone smoking on the bench beside you. Smoking is the number one avoidable causes of death. Therefore, smoking should be banned from all public areas. The ban from smoking in public will help to reduce the smokers intake of cigarettes/chemicals, cigarettes themselves are a danger to the earth, some may argue that this ban may damage the economy, and that smoking does not only effect the smoker himself/herself, it... [tags: Pro Smoking Ban]
1691 words (4.8 pages)
- The UK and USA Government have set up campaigns to prevent smoking in their countries. Some examples of these anti-smoking campaigns are the ban on smoking in public places in the UK since July 2007, under the Health Act 2006, the anti-smoking T.V advertisements and campaigns against allowing smokers the benefit of the NHS treatment, when they suffer from smoking related problems. This essay will propose to outline the causes and the effects of this anti-smoking attitude in the UK and the USA and explain why similar campaigns would or would not be effective in Qatar.... [tags: uk and usa government, anti-smoking campaigns]
1064 words (3 pages)
- The Costs of Cigarette Smoking Cigarette smoking causes a variety of life threatening diseases, including lung cancer, emphysema, and heart disease. In the UK about 120,000 people die each year due to smoking. A half of all smokers die from smoking related diseases.0 There are many ingredients in tobacco smoke which are harmful to our health in different ways.1 Some of the ingredients are tar, carbon monoxide, nicotine and other chemicals and additives such as ammonia, arsenic (a poison used in insecticides and weed killers), benzene, hydrogen cyanide and many other.2 Tar deposits on the lungs can cause lung diseases.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Example Essays]
880 words (2.5 pages)
- Over the last many years, more and more people are consuming smoking tobacco. Although smoking is considered to be legal to anyone eighteen and older, the law does not protect the surrounding victims Smokers are protected by the part in the declaration of independence where it states “life liberty and pursuit of happiness.” This statement provides the right for people to consume what they want and where they feel comfortable. But family members, friends, peers, and co-workers are helplessly exposed to second hand smoke.... [tags: harm, smoking, victims, children]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- The Causes and Effects of Smoking Scientists and health officials have been arguing the detrimental effects smoking has on our health for many years. Smoking can lead to serious complications including asthma, pancreas, lung and stomach cancer due to the large number of carcinogens (cancer causing chemicals) and other various substances added to it. It is a health hazard for both smokers and non-smokers and it is especially harmful to unborn babies. Although smokers claim that it helps them to relax and release stress, the negative aspects of the habit take over the positive.... [tags: Health Smoking Nicotine Tobacco Cigarettes Essays]
1031 words (2.9 pages)
- Bans on Cigarette Advertising Does NOT Stop Smoking Since 1971, the cigarette industry has not been allowed to advertise on radio and television. However, the ban has not worked as well as it was planned to work. The reasons are that advertisements are not the primary reason that teens take up smoking. Another reason is that the industry has gotten around the ban by using forms of hidden advertising and corporate sponsorship. The industry has also heavily relied on the print media to advertise its product.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Example Essays]
1612 words (4.6 pages)