The carpal tunnel located at volar wrist and formed by carpal bones as floor, flexor retinaculum as roof and proximal carpal tunnel is defined by the edge of retinaculum at pisiform level (4). There are total nine tendons and a median nerve enter through carpal tunnel which are flexor pollicis longus (FPL), four flexor digitorum superficialis (FDS), four flexor digitorum profundus (FDP) and a median nerve. Median nerve located beneath near to flexor retinaculum and vulnerable to compression stress. Wrist movements comprising flexion, extension, radial deviation and ulnar deviation (Figure 1). Finger dynamic movements imposed a compression stress on median nerve from FDS, FDP and FPL gliding motion (5). Dynamic kinematic movements of carpal bones may influence the carpal tunnel volume during wrist flexion-extension motion (6). Thus, the median nerve experience higher c...
... middle of paper ...
...tient-reported outcome measures in carpal tunnel syndrome. Ortopedia, Traumatologia, Rehabilitacja, 14(4), 335-340.
9. LaJoie, A. S., McCabe, S. J., Thomas, B., & Edgell, S. E. (2005). Determining the sensitivity and specificity of common diagnostic tests for carpal tunnel syndrome using latent class analysis. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 116(2), 502-507.
10. Sambandam, S. N., Priyanka, P., Gul, A., & Ilango, B. (2008). Critical analysis of outcome measures used in the assessment of carpal tunnel syndrome. International Orthopaedics, 32(4), 497-504.
11. Schneider, C. A., Rasband, W. S., & Eliceiri, K. W. (2012). NIH image to ImageJ: 25 years of image analysis. Nature Methods, 9(7), 671-675.
12. Duncan, I., Sullivan, P., & Lomas, F. (1999). Sonography in the diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome. AJR.American Journal of Roentgenology, 173(3), 681-684.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Peripheral Nerve Block WHAT IS A PERIPHERAL NERVE BLOCK. A peripheral nerve block is a type of medicine that is injected into an area of the body to numb everything below the injection site (regional anesthesia). The medicine is injected around the nerve that provides feeling to the area where you will have a surgical procedure done. A peripheral nerve block is done so that you do not feel any pain during your procedure. You may be numb for up to 24 hours after your peripheral nerve block is done, depending on the type of medicine used.... [tags: Anesthesia, Surgery, Nerve block]
745 words (2.1 pages)
- BODY I. Physiological Physiology is the study of how the body and it parts function (Marieb, 2004). It has been found out in many medical researches that the human body is greatly affected when exposed to excessive amounts of video game playing. These effects can either be both beneficial and detrimental. Excessive use of video games has been linked to many illnesses. These claims have been supported by many medical journals and studies. Moreover, when an enormous amount of time is given to video games it can eventually lead to certain medical conditions such as certain nerve and brain conditions and pain.... [tags: human body, excessive video playing]
2770 words (7.9 pages)
- The first way Laila’s brain guesses that her fiends have ordered pizza at the dorm is because of her ability to smell the pizza. Her ability to smell is because her first cranial nerve, also known as the olfactory nerve, is functioning well. This nerve is responsible for relaying sensory data to the brain and results in the sense of smell. Olfactory receptors are located in the mucosa in the nasal cavity. When airborne chemicals and particles travel to the nasal cavity, they interact with the receptors.... [tags: Cerebrum, Brain, Lateral geniculate nucleus]
1367 words (3.9 pages)
The, Median, And Mode Of Ages Of Customers Interviewed Regarding The Different Kinds Of Products They Purchase
- Case 1 of the paper involves calculation of the mean, median, and mode of ages of customers interviewed regarding the different kinds of products they purchase. The three represent measures of natural tendency, in which case the three values attempt to identify the central position within the set of data being analyzed. The number of respondents in this interview was 124 out of the 200 respondents targeted in the survey. Therefore, the respondents interviewed represent a sample of the customers who buy from the store, hence the inferences made from this sample is representative of the entire customer base.... [tags: Arithmetic mean, Mean, Mode, Median]
1150 words (3.3 pages)
- 2006 Blood was leaking from his back. He was lying face down in the field after the FBI Agent had shot him to stop him from running. The nerve of the Bastard. There was the sound of footsteps walking towards him. The footsteps stopped and the FBI agent stood still and stared at him for a moment before speaking. "Was it all worth it. The FBI agent asked, and when he didn 't get a response he continued speaking "Look you can do something good for once in your life and tell me who else part of it was," "Fuck you," he instantly replied.... [tags: Federal Bureau of Investigation]
1331 words (3.8 pages)
- DISCUSSION Figure 1 shows the mean and median behaviour scores as well as the standard deviation. Because there is only a one point difference between each group’s mean and median behaviour scores, it indicates that outliers have probably not affected the results therefore the mean can be used to make conclusions on the results. The mean results show that people below 165cm have a mean score of 33 whereas the mean score for people above 165cm is slightly lower with a score of 32. This weakly supports the hypothesis that shorter people will act more assertively than those who are taller than 165cm.... [tags: Standard deviation, Arithmetic mean, Mean]
1071 words (3.1 pages)
- According to the US Census Bureau, “Median income is the amount which divides the income distribution into two equal groups, half having income above that amount, and half having income below that amount” and it provides a better sense of how prosperous a certain place is than the average income since average income can be influenced by irregularity (unusually high and low values). Illinois has a wide range of median household income levels ranging from $28,725 (Alexander County) to $85,630 (Kendall County) with an average of $56,230 (American FactFinder).... [tags: Socioeconomics]
2109 words (6 pages)
- In the state of Minnesota there is only one big urban area, the Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington area. A total of 3,229,878 people live in the Minneapolis area and there are 5.4 million people in the whole state of Minnesota. That is a whole sixty percent of the Minnesota population living in the Minneapolis-St.Paul-Bloomington area. Throughout the data collected about this area there are three main concepts that can be applied, and these concepts are Urbanization, most of the Current Issues in Urban Planning, and the Ecological Complex.... [tags: City, Urban area, Population, Suburb]
999 words (2.9 pages)
- Vagal Nerve Stimulation and Epilepsy Epilepsy is a brain disorder characterized by seizures which occur when neurons fire uncontrollably and chaotically. The four most common categories of seizures are: simple partial, complex partial, secondary generalized tonic-clonic, and generalized tonic-clonic. A partial seizure is one in which epileptic activity stays in a focused area of the brain. During a simple partial seizure, the patient maintains full consciousness and experiences hallucinations, illusions and/or muscle jerking.... [tags: Biology Essays Research Papers]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- Peripheral neuropathy is damage to the peripheral nervous system (PNS). The PNS helps to relay sensory information to the brain and spinal cord. The brain, in turn, will send communication back to the PNS in order to perform specific motor functions. Damage to any part of the PNS can result in a variety of symptoms, which can include tingling, prickliness, numbness, muscle wasting, and even paralysis. Peripheral neuropathies are known to have about 100 different types and are classified by which nerves they impact: sensory, motor, or autonomic.... [tags: Medical Research]
1677 words (4.8 pages)
- Can Nano Technology Help Clean Up Oil Spills in the Ocean and Seas?
- Combined Qualitative and Quantitative Study that Employs two Phases Sequentially
- The Family By Mario Puzo -Reshma
- Dorothea Dix and the Struggle for Inhuman Treatment of the Mentally Ill
- An Analysis of the Global Poverty
- To what Extent does Globalization Contribute to Sustainable Prosperity?