The lack of immunosuppressive effect of dexamethas...
... middle of paper ...
... have any immunosuppressive effect on ovarian macrophages, and failed to influence VEGF expression. The lack of effect of DEX on ovarian macrophages and VEGF expression suggests that either DEX failed to exert an immunosuppressive effect, or the ovary is not sensitive to its actions. Regardless, due to the limited number of trials conducted, definitive conclusions regarding the effects of immunosuppression via dexamethasone on VEGF production by ovarian macrophages awaits additional study. In the future, additional trials and dual labeling experiments will be required to delineate whether or not macrophages are the source of VEGF expression in the rat ovary. The knowledge about the role of macrophage-produced VEGF in normal ovulation, and future such studies in dairy cows will provide information about potential ways to improve their fertility via improved ovulation.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction If the endothelium were to be considered an organ, it would be without a doubt the largest, with its 6 trillion cells, area of 5000m2, and 1kg weight. With knowledge of the endothelium stemming back to the early 1600s with William Harvey’s work on the circulation as a closed circuit with a pump and Marcello Malpighi’s observations of blood capillaries, the focus over the next 400 years was mainly on the pump itself, leading to the creation of a major clinical field – cardiology. Although scientists were aware of blood vessels and their role in circulation, it wasn’t until the early 1960s that the endothelium was able to be seen with electron microscopy and therefore be different... [tags: Medical Science]
2619 words (7.5 pages)
- Many organisms are presented in various environments all over the world. Some of them see extreme environments as their cradles of life: volcano hot spring, extremely salty lake water or even deep ocean where there lacks light or oxygen. But these organisms have their very own mechanisms; have already embedded in their genetic materials. But there are also organisms showed adaptations to some experimental environments in researches, which proves that these adaptive mechanism are not only genetically determined, but also can be triggered when these special functions are needed as one fundamental strategy of surviving in the nature.... [tags: Special Functions, Survival Mechanism]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- The objective was to test the hypothesis that a lipid-based nutritional supplement enriched with micronutrients (LNS+MN) would enhance linear growth in rural African young children compared to a paste without micronutrients (LNS). Methods: Senegalese children (n=208) were enrolled at 6 months and assigned to one of the two arms (LNS+MN or LNS) of the double-blind randomized trial. Caregivers were asked to give a 20g daily dose of supplement (108kcal) to their child for a 12-month period. The primary outcome was length.... [tags: child growth, nutritional supplements, senegal]
1838 words (5.3 pages)
- Most of the models presented for tumor growth in macroscopic scale without considering mass effect 18–22, have used Reaction-Diffusion (proliferation–invasion) formulation as follows20: ∂c/∂t=∇.(D∇c)+R(c,t) (1) η.(D∇c)=0 (2) Where c is the tumor cell density and D is diffusion coefficient and R is the reaction (proliferation) term. This model describes the density of tumor cells and reflects the net rates of invasion and proliferation for the whole population of tumor cells23. It is known to be highly non-linear providing a unique profile of invasion at the leading edge of the imageable tumor24.... [tags: Magnetic resonance imaging, Medical imaging]
1939 words (5.5 pages)
- ... It helps get rid of undesirable side effects of aging, such as mood swings, hot flashes, the inability to sleep properly, and depression. All hormone replacement therapies are personalized for your body and your hormone levels; no woman or man is given the exact same treatment. The picture above shows how estrogen (a hormone) levels change throughout pregnancy. During the first trimester, estrogen levels do not raise a significant amount. On the contrary, estrogen levels rise dramatically during the second and third trimester.... [tags: glands, growth, mood, change]
1875 words (5.4 pages)
- “In India, everything and it’s opposite is true.” The term economic growth implies an increase in the nation’s real GDP, and more importantly, an increase in the nation’s per capita income. When we are analyzing a nation’s economic growth, we are basically studying as to how that economy is advancing in quantitative terms. Economic development, on the other hand, is a much more encompassing term which includes both the qualitative as well as the quantitative dimensions of economic progress. Not only does it include the aspect of economic growth, but it also considers the process by which an economy improves the economic and social well being of it’s citizens.... [tags: economic growth, Indian economy]
1013 words (2.9 pages)
- When thinking about a solution to poverty the general public seems to reason that economic development is the answer. When considering economic development one would need to know the meaning of it. Economic Development is the sustaining of concerted actions of policy makers and communities that promote the standard of living and economic health of a categorical area or community. Economic development can withal be referred to as the quantitative and qualitative transmutations in the economy. Such actions can involve multiple areas including development of human capital, critical infrastructure, regional competitiveness, environmental sustainability, convivial inclusion, health, safety, liter... [tags: Economics, Unemployment, Economic growth]
982 words (2.8 pages)
- General Motors growth is best in May 2015 with sales up 3 percent year over year and retail sales were up 7 percent when competitor lost ground during the same period. Trucks and crossovers, is far outpacing the rest of the industry with 12 percent year over year and GMC truck sales are up 15 percent for the calendar year to date (Investors News, 2015) Government Policies Affecting Growth Quantitative Easing program According to Kreiter (2014), since the recession, Federal Reserve injected about $3.5 trillion in U.S Financial market and recently in its QE3 purchase of agency mortgage-backed securities and U.S.... [tags: Automotive industry, General Motors]
928 words (2.7 pages)
- “In 2010, the prestigious Nemmers Prize in Economics, awarded biennially to recognize work of lasting significance, was given to Helpman for fundamental contributions to the understanding of modern international economics and the effects of political institutions on trade policy and economic growth” (Clement, 2012). “The Mystery of Economic Growth” that was written by Elhanan Helpman provides a non-technical description of growth economics over the last half of a century. This paper will connect theory to data of four major countries United States, French, Australia, and Japan.... [tags: Economic growth, Economics, Capital accumulation]
711 words (2 pages)
- Human Growth Hormone's Effects on Normal and hGH Deficient Children What is Human Growth Hormone. Human Growth Hormone (hGH) has many uses with today's medical technology. For instance, hGH has proven to be very useful in treating Chronic Renal Insufficiency and Turner's Syndrome in girls (http://www.novo.dk/backgrou/backgrou/bahghuk.htm). Promising studies have also been performed and completed using hGH to quicken the repair of wounds, torn cartliage, and non-healing fractures, as well as treating juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthosis (http://www.novo.dk/backgrou/backgrou/bahghuk.htm).... [tags: Research Health Growth Essays]
1321 words (3.8 pages)