Social confidence is the thing which is used to describe that concerns dealing with other people. The level of social confidence might differ from person to person, but the excess usages of computers have really caused lack of social confidence. Before the popularity of personal computers, children and adults would maintain their regular interactions, rather than being dependent on computers. Interacting with others is an important thing; this involves in the exchange of different ideas from different people, and helps to maintain social confidence. Professor Lee Cheng Ean of School of communication, Taylor’s University Malaysia states that, face-to-face communication is faster, easier and more convenient than computer-mediated communication and face-to-face communication represents a high social presence. Angela Sinickas, the president of Sinickas Communications, Inc., further advised not to let face-to-face be eclipsed by technology (SCM, 2009). She claimed that “all the online communication has not made employees any bett...
... middle of paper ...
...e continued reduced visual abilities, such as blurred distant vision, even after stopping work at a computer. If nothing is done to address the cause of the problem, the symptoms will continue to recur and perhaps worsen with future computer use.
Johnson, Deborah. , Computer Ethics. DIANE Publishing Company, ISBN:0788157183.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The early computer development began in the late 60’s, at that time their common use was for complex mathematical calculations, and were mostly used by government corporations. As time went on computers became widely popular, and they were being used at a personal level. The Apple Lisa Computer was the first successful personal computer with a GUI interface which was introduced in 1983. Nowadays computers have become extremely popular, and they are being used almost everywhere. We are becoming overwhelmingly dependent on computer technology which is causing a negative impact on the human society because of the following reasons, lack of social confidence, privacy threat and health problems.... [tags: computer technology, social confidence, health]
939 words (2.7 pages)
- The computer has been one of man’s most influential inventions, paving the way for greater achievements with time. Today, they have become an essential component in fulfilling everyday tasks in both our professional and personal lives. Computers are used to store vast amounts of information, and even replace humans in factories throughout the world. We must now ask ourselves, is this reliance on computers aiding the human mind in achieving its full potential or rather replacing it and hindering our progress.... [tags: Technology]
1379 words (3.9 pages)
- Over the last years, technology has been changed rapidly. It has influenced on people’s social life, business, and education, interact, communicate, work, and play. Thousands of devices have been developed recently that have influenced people’s activities and made their lives easier. Smart phones, tablets, cameras, and scanners are now acting as separate computer devices. An article published by Sandhyarani N. (2011) stated that "The present global age is the consequence of the computer age"(p.1).... [tags: information technology development]
1897 words (5.4 pages)
- Computers and Society The first modern digital computers were developed in the 1940s for military purposes that arose during World War II. These computers filled entire rooms. They took hours to perform complex mathematical operations. In the 1970s, the first personal computers were sold. Fitting on a desktop, they were much faster and more powerful than the computers that had once filled large rooms. Computers were also affordable to individual consumers, making it possible for many people to use them for personal, business, and academic needs.... [tags: essays research papers]
603 words (1.7 pages)
- The current generation is living in the digital age, where technology has blended with daily activity to become a way of life. Kids are operating electronic devices practically moments after being born. College students tend to take notes on laptop in class and utilize varies sources that are provided online. Indeed, technology has brought convenience for social communication and to take the learning experience to another level. The technology has encouraged multitasking in order to process the abundant information.... [tags: technology, multi-task, digital]
745 words (2.1 pages)
- On the Development of Quantum Computers and Cryptography In 2010, the United States government, after accessing encrypted files by means of physical intervention, exposed ten Russian sleeper agents; in 2013, the United States government, without any means of physical intervention, surreptitiously collected and promptly decrypted many previously encrypted (Wood). Within this decade, concerns regarding the dubious security of contemporary cryptography will begin to emerge as the secrets of quantum computing quickly unravel.... [tags: computer power]
1392 words (4 pages)
- Computers have many functions. Communicating to others, performing job functions, and playing games are just some of the things computers are responsible for. Technology changes on a daily basis and will continue to. Below is a resource of information on different aspects of computing. The Computer Industry The computer industry is a customary term used to characterize the range of businesses involved with producing of computer hardware, software, and networking of the infrastructures. The computer industry has existed through much of history.... [tags: Computers]
2109 words (6 pages)
- Computer technology has had a great effect on society as a whole throughout history. It has modified our behavior greatly as we have become accustomed to the technological advancements of yesterday. We are so dependent sometimes we do not even have a concept of what life would be like without computers. When we are forced to live life without computers we are left hopeless and disillusioned and simple everyday tasks become major chores. Computers of the past were very primitive compared to the computers of today but extremely useful.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1511 words (4.3 pages)
- Computers and I Computers are linked to almost every aspect of life. I was shown computer technology back in my early grade school years. Teachers would shuffle a pack of twenty kids at a time into a confined room filled with the new computer technology. The only thing I remember using computers for all through elementary school was to play Oregon Trail, which was like an un-evolved Nintendo game. I didn’t understand why all the adults guarded and respected the computers as if precious materials when all I used them for was to play games.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
1068 words (3.1 pages)
- Effects of Technology The technology which surrounds almost everyone in the modern society, affects both work and leisure activities. Technology contains information that many would rather it did not have. It influences minds in good and bad ways, and it allows people to share information which they would otherwise not be able to attain. Even if a person does not own a computer or have credit cards, there is information on a computer somewhere about everyone. The technology which is just now beginning to be manipulated and harnessed is affecting the minds of small children and adolescents in ways that could be harmful.... [tags: Computers Society]
2158 words (6.2 pages)