November 11th, 2014
I got the volumetric diet; this diet focuses on eating large amounts of food while still loosing weight. The developer of this diet is Barbara Rolls who has a PhD in Nutritional Sciences and has written over two hundred and fifty scientific articles and six different books (Dr. Barbara).
This diet helps people find healthier food choices that they can eat larger amounts of while still shedding weight. The focus on this diet is feeling full. Rolls stated “People feel full because of the types and amounts of food they eat, not because of the number of calories or grams of fat; protein or carbs.” (Volumetrics). Basically the diet wants you to eat more foods that make you feel full but have less calories. People may ask what does a person have to do on this diet? Well, you will work toward your weight goal by meeting the daily calorie goals and exercise requirements. This diet is broken down into four different categories. The first includes anytime fruits or non-starchy vegetables. Category two has reasonable portions of whole grains, lean proteins, low fat dairy, and legumes. Next in category three includes little portions of foods such as breads, desserts, cheese, and fat free baked goods. Finally in category four is tiny amounts of fried foods, cookies, nuts, candy, and fats. I do not believe this diet is expensive or that you have to buy special foods for it because you can get these items at any grocery store and they are usually reasonably priced and common foods. Throughout this diet you will eat three meals a day along with two snacks and dessert. Alcohol is allowed in this diet but only in moderation because alcohol is high in calories and does not satisfy hun...
... middle of paper ...
... In conclusion, I do believe that the Volumetric diet has scientific evidence to support its claims and that it really is a good diet for someone looking into weight loss for a long term period of time. I mean, who wouldn’t want to eat more and still shed a few pounds.
Haupt, A. (2011, 10). 5 great diets for the whole family. U.S.News & World Report, , 1. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/904954972?accountid=4117
Volumetrics Diet Plan Review: Foods and Effectiveness. (n.d.). Retrieved November 19, 2014, from http://www.webmd.com/diet/volumetrics-what-it-is
Dr. Barbara J. Rolls, Director. (n.d.). Retrieved November 19, 2014, from http://nutrition.psu.edu/foodlab/barbara-rolls
Mattes, R. (2002). Ready-to-eat Cereal Used as a Meal Replacement Promotes Weight Loss in Humans. Journal of the American College of Nutrition, 570-577.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Atkins and Low Carbohydrate Diets: Not the Optimal Method of Weight Loss In the help of today’s society where looks seem to matter more than personality, different types of diets quickly became popular. In the year 2003 to 2004 the Atkins Diet reached its peak, from its wide advertising to its celebrity connections an increasing amount of Americans focus their interest on this unusual way of losing weight. The Atkins Diet was introduced by Dr. Robert Atkins in 1972. Its purpose is to make a person loose weight by eating foods that are high in protein and lessening foods that are high in carbohydrates.... [tags: Health Nutrition Diet Exercise Essays]
611 words (1.7 pages)
- One of the greatest epidemics our country faces today is obesity. In order to fight this problem, individuals must be better educated about their well-being. One of the main aspects to having a healthy lifestyle is keeping an eye on the amount of calories one consumes. It is often said that each person should consume 2000 calories per day. Everyone should watch what they eat, obesity is a growing issue that has the ability to affect almost anyone. Today, people of many different races and nationalities are affected by obesity.... [tags: calories, weight control, health problem]
1120 words (3.2 pages)
- Want to push yourself even harder. Would you kill for a body like Spartacus. But still want to keep up with the lads on the weekend. That beer gut keeping you from looking your best. Men across the country get nagged by their partners because they "drink too much" and don't eat “healthy” enough. Well do you want to cheat the system, be able to live life whilst looking good. We have the secret to solving your never ending nightmare. We all know how we men like to fill our weekend. Eating massive meals to prepare for that notorious night out.... [tags: Weight, Health]
631 words (1.8 pages)
- ) One thing that I would like to change about my health is to start exercising and losing weight. I hate being overweight. It 's not fun at all. I have trouble finding clothes to fit me and when I do find something that can fit me, I hate the way that it looks on me. I 've been going on diets and drinking water a whole lot more. I 've been losing weight slowly, little by little. If I exercised though, it would speed up my weight loss process way faster. As I 'm getting older, I 'm learning how to change my lifestyle ways.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Weight loss, Health]
1074 words (3.1 pages)
- 10 ways of losing weight naturally. Looking good is one of the many universal feelings that everyone would want to have. For ladies in particular, being in a good curvy shape I guess means more to you than anything. Masculinity also demands a good shape and this in a reason that every one of us need to consider cutting down the fats that deems us shapeless and bulky for no reason. Cutting weight is a good thought but cutting it naturally is way better than the new unhealthy means that everyone seem to be running for.... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Obesity, Weight loss]
1145 words (3.3 pages)
- Teenage Obesity Many people are called fat each day, but in a normal conversation a person is rarely called “obese”. This implies that that particular person is one of many to be inflicted with obesity. So one may ask, “What is obesity?” Obesity is a state of having too much body fat and not losing any weight or gaining more weight which many people also call being overweight. Many people think that obesity is not exactly a major problem and are not concerned with it. However, according to the Nemours Foundation, “A couple of pounds of extra body fat are not a health risk for most people.... [tags: loosing weight, energy, patient]
2068 words (5.9 pages)
- The Golden Rules To Weight Loss These rules are set in stone amongst regular dieters and weight loss participaters of the world today. They keep to the golden code of simple but effective guidelines that as helped them to overcome the restless worry and aggrevation of being too large and fat. That fear is what has pushed them on to get results. If more and more people followed these guidelines, they would be happier about themselves than they are right now. They are simple, effective and easy to follow.... [tags: Nutrition, Milk, Obesity, Weight loss]
1422 words (4.1 pages)
- Losing Weight the Correct Way Though many Americans are in the diet and weight-loss craze, the population as a whole is still considered overweight (Lemonick). This may be due to many factors, such as lack of nutrition in food and having a slothful lifestyle. Also, as people pursue other interests, such as careers and family life, they ignore keeping themselves healthy and fit. To maintain health and life span, one must exercise, eat moderately, and eat foods that have nutritional value. If one follows this plan, one can successfully lose weight and be healthy.... [tags: Health Exercise Weight Loss Essays Nutritin]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- Pay attention. If you 've spent any time at all possibly trying to lose weight, learning how to do so, and even knowing somebody who 's looking to do it - you 'll probably find some kind of calorie counting element. And of course, most of the really well-known weight loss programs revolve around counting and controlling your caloric intake. But there is something these programs don 't appear to tell you while they 're cashing your monthly check, and that 's how easy efficient can be. You don 't need a calculator, a big poster sized graph chart, or any of that other things.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Dieting, Weight loss]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- All women desire beauty. As myriads of women seek a perfect body shape and attractiveness, they will have interest in having weight loss treatment. In fact, losing weight has come into a vogue. People, especially female, do not take their weight into serious account but follow the others blindly and participate in weight loss programmes. Patently, the main culprit of this phenomenon is the omnipresent weight loss advertisements. The slimming companies use advertising as a tool to inculcate the concept that being thin is equal to beauty into people’ minds.... [tags: Weight Loss, Advertising, weight, ]
1073 words (3.1 pages)