Five Educational Technologies
1. Abcmouse.com (Age of Learning, Inc., 2012)
2. Primarygames.com (Primary Games, Inc., 2012)
3. Abcya.com (ABCya.com, L.L.C., 2012)
4. IXL.com (IXL.com, 2012).
5. Kiddyhouse.com (Kiddyhouse.com, n.d.).
6. LeapFrog (LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc., 2011).
7. V-tech (V-tech Electronics North America, LLC., 2012).
ABC Mouse IXL Learning Primary games
Usefulness in the classroom This website meant for preschool, pre-kindergarten, and kindergarten students. In this site the educator can cr...
... middle of paper ...
LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc. (2011). Leap frog: leap pads and tag. Retrieved from
Primary Games, Inc. (2012). Primary games. Retrieved from http://primarygames.com/.
Roschelle, J. M., Pea, R. D., Hoadley, C. M., Gordin, D. N., & Means, B. M. (2000). Changing
how and what children learn in school with computer-based technologies. The Future of Children, 10(2), 76-101. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/222342676?accountid=7374.
Shelly, G., Gunter, G., & Gunter, R. (2010). Teachers discovering computers: Integrating technology and digital media in the classroom, 6th ed. Boston, MA: Course Technology.
V-tech Electronics North America, LLC. (2012). V-tech: inno tab and v-reader. Retrieved from
(R. Parfinski, personal communication, March 8, 2012).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Technology is now used for everything and found everywhere. Students are more likely to be using computers, tablets, hand-held game systems, or smart phones on a daily basis. Educators know that students crave the use of technology; consequently educators now need to start teaching keeping technology in mind. Educators also have to teach the students how to use specific technology and the ethics that go along with its use. An educator should start off with educational games and slowly work their way to full lessons.... [tags: Technology ]
1363 words (3.9 pages)
- The information and communication technologies have become in all aspects of life .Over the past ten years, the use of ICTs have changed many things to business and governance. In education, TCTs have become to have attention but the influences have been narrow in other fields . Education is asocial activity and education usually has been connected with teachers having high level of personal contact with students. The use of ICTs on educations is very useful tools which does not change the function of education.... [tags: Educational Technology]
921 words (2.6 pages)
- Learning technologies, specifically interactive technologies, can have a significant impact in the classroom setting. They provide a means by which students and teachers can navigate course material in a collaborative way. When designing such educational tools, there should be a substantial amount of planning in order to ensure that the media is functioning as an effective teaching device rather than distracting the subjects. Cognitive theory is an important consideration when integrating new methods of instruction.... [tags: Education, Educational psychology]
801 words (2.3 pages)
- Introduction Technology is becoming more and more predominant in society. The concept of technology is a reality that has pervaded not only our everyday lives but our mere state of existence. Technology has affected every aspect of society. There is no doubt that technology holds great potential for improving the way that people learn and ready or not, technology is affecting education. Educational Technology Ever since the integration of educational technology there has been a dramatic shift in most of the paradigms on which traditional learning exists.... [tags: Educational Technology ]
1156 words (3.3 pages)
- The beginning of my persistent passion about the effective application of emerging technologies to the learning environment and intensive interest which has now evolved into an aspiration and a pursuit in the field of educational technology happened after joining the research project of the School of Education at Stanford University as a research assistant. Especially when I progressed mobile storytelling app project, publishing apps based on winning stories collected from storytelling competition performed in underprivileged areas, I could see the useful benefits of mobile technology to encourage children in underprivileged areas to actively learn by sending revenues from the publishing app... [tags: Education, Educational psychology]
1055 words (3 pages)
- Media has been shaping our society since the era of print. Print gave way to radio, and radio to television. Now, television is giving way to a new medium, video games. Video games control a market that rivals big movie production, and draws the attention of billions around the world. Can this new medium be harnessed to better education. In fact, videogames are having a positive effect in today’s classroom. Case studies of educational games show student test scores are improving, students are receiving constant and immediate feedback, and students are expecting new technology in school.... [tags: Educational Technology ]
1951 words (5.6 pages)
- As applications of geospatial technologies continuously break the disciplinary barrier, the need for books on these technologies to reach diverse audiences is greater than ever. The challenge, however, is to write a book on this complicated subject that incorporates the knowledge of multiple disciplines and makes it valuable for those who may or may not have diverse educational backgrounds, but require using these technologies. Most books on geospatial technologies target a specific audience. Contrary to this, Geographical Information Science tries to target three different audiences (users, students, and engineers) by using formats and languages comfortable to them.... [tags: Literature Review ]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- TL-I Technology Operations and Concepts What is school. A place to teach students a million facts about a million subjects. A place for students to restate what the teacher has said. Are schools a place for students to show their knowledge by taking many tests. I do not feel these are my goals when it comes to teaching or to my own learning. I have moved away from simple recall to one of deeper understanding. I believe technology is something that is necessary in today's world in order to collaborate, manipulate, research, debate, explain, and present ideas.... [tags: Educational Technology]
1549 words (4.4 pages)
- Electricity is a basic necessity that people need to manage day-to-day activities. Science paves the way for continuous development and improvement of different technologies for power generation and distribution worldwide. Science led to the discovery of both the positive and negative effects of power generation on nature and mankind. With the passage of time, experts in the field realized that there are renewable sources of electricity with limited impacts on the environment. The rapid growth of industrialization as well as the increasing reliance of people to manufactured goods and services has significantly contributed to waste problems worldwide.... [tags: environmental issues, alternative resources]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- Media has been shaping our society since the era of print. Print gave way to radio, and radio to television. Now, television is giving way to a new medium, video games. Video games control a market that rivals big movie production, and draws the attention of billions around the world. Can this new media be harnessed for the betterment of education. Videogames are having a positive effect in today’s classroom. Case studies of educational games show, student test scores are improving, students are receiving constant and immediate feed-back, and students are expecting to use technology in school.... [tags: Media, Radio, Television]
1327 words (3.8 pages)