Essay PreviewMore ↓
At Axia understanding academic honesty is made easy with the academic honesty policy. The academic honesty policy allows the students to read exactly what Axia considers academic honesty. Academic honesty is considered any use of plagiarism and cheating from another student. The consequences of plagiarism are a zero on the required assignment for the first offense, probation for the second offense, loss of credits for the course on the third offense. There are many ways to avoid plagiarism. Making time to research what is being written, avoid using someone else’s work, citing references if someone else’s work has to be used, and rephrasing the information to reflect the writer’s own style of writing.
Identifying long and short-term goals are important for educational and career purposes. It is important for a person to realize what their goals are in order to achieve their utmost best. Goals are important for a person’s life. They allow the person to make plans and work toward making a better life for themselves. Goals can be achieved through obstacles by staying focused. Focusing on goals that have been made is important for any future success.
How to Cite this Page
"Educational Resources." 123HelpMe.com. 26 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- With using Axia’s Educational Resources, downloading materials for use on a machine or portable devices are made easy. The ability to download materials makes it convenient for users to save and use them at a later time. This gives the use the ability to have the material on their computer versus having to research the information again and again when it needs to be used. If the user decides to put them on a portable device, its then able to be carried anywhere they go. Also available from Axia’s educational resources is the tutorial to navigate around the university library.... [tags: Education Learning Tools]
1262 words (3.6 pages)
- Open educational resources (OER) are learning platforms that has the potential to bridge knowledge gap. OERs are ubiquitous and available 24/7 but the utilization and reutilization of these platforms are generally still at infancy. A recent survey among academics in Malaysia on the Malaysian Higher Education landscape with respect to digital resources and OER showed that 70 % of respondents have utilized OER in their teaching, 13 % had not used OER and 17 % were unsure whether they had used OER (Abeywardena et al, 2013).... [tags: Open Educational Resources, Knowledge]
1077 words (3.1 pages)
- Of all the educational resources to which a student is exposed, approximately 75 percent are accessible in school according to nces.ed.gov. These resources include Internet access, a library, and teacher assistance, but what about the other 25 percent. Students who do not have limitations to their resources tend to have higher success rates throughout high school is a situation that is often misinterpreted. Similarly the 25 percent of pupils without accessibility to those resources outside school seem to be deterred in their quest to complete their high school education.... [tags: Academical success, educational resources]
1177 words (3.4 pages)
- Renewable or alternative energy is very important, but many industry leaders and the public perceive the renewable or alternative energy with a distorted view, without a good understanding of the benefits that will bring. Instead, they only learn that their investment or efforts to implement this new energy resource will be greater than the benefits. So far, these programs had an excellent intention of persuading people to utilize renewable resources for the benefit of all, but are not reaching this goal and are often concealed by the distorted and influenced perspective that they promote.... [tags: US, Educational Programs]
529 words (1.5 pages)
- Hiking safety is a subject matter that I am interested in learning more about. My family and I love to hike and be out in God’s creation, taking pleasure in all of His great wonders. However, along with all the breath taking scenery, wonderful flowers, trees and animals that we get to see, there are also dangers to hiking in the wilderness. One of those dangers is stumbling upon a wild animal, such as a bear, moose, or even a snake. We could also possibly fall and twist or even break an ankle or leg.... [tags: Online Resources]
971 words (2.8 pages)
- History has taught us that there is no easy way to success when dealing with any company. That it is natural for humans to disagree with each and that we must come to some type of conclusion that may benefit one side of the argument over the other. We have history to thank for all of the acts that America has passed over the past century. Through many cases and trials, we have been able to model many companies on a path to increased productivity. Something that we can apply is that it is not always possible to meet the “bottom line” every oppourtunity we get.... [tags: Human resource management, Human resources]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- One of the responsibilities of educators is to prepare students to be equitable participates in a society that is constantly changing. Educational leaders are responsible for ensuring educational practices support the current trends to ensure students are prepared for today’s world demands. The implementation of change results in a swing of the educational pendulum. The swing of the pendulum is unavoidable due to the changing demands of society. The focus must be placed on establishing an effective plan in preparation for the changes without compromising the standards of the teaching profession.... [tags: Education, Educational psychology, Teacher]
1057 words (3 pages)
- Student learning is the ultimate goal of education. As an educational technology leader I must create, promote and sustain a dynamic, digital-age learning culture that provides a rigorous, relevant, and engaging education for all students ("National Educational Technology Standards," 2009). In order to achieve this I work with my schools to help develop technology plans. According to See (1992), technology plans must focus on a vision of learning; which should be the impetus that drives technology (Bitner and Bitner, 2002).... [tags: Educational Technology]
1934 words (5.5 pages)
- TL-I Technology Operations and Concepts What is school. A place to teach students a million facts about a million subjects. A place for students to restate what the teacher has said. Are schools a place for students to show their knowledge by taking many tests. I do not feel these are my goals when it comes to teaching or to my own learning. I have moved away from simple recall to one of deeper understanding. I believe technology is something that is necessary in today's world in order to collaborate, manipulate, research, debate, explain, and present ideas.... [tags: Educational Technology]
1549 words (4.4 pages)
- ELONDA: The SMC Company, manufacturer of ergonomic office goods, has decided to confront the various diversity issues within the company. In so doing the company has decided to hire a human resources director to create a human resources department. To serve SMC effectively depends to a significant degree on the quality and commitment of its staff. To ensure that the company’s goals for research, teaching, and program development are met, SMC will need to hire and retain outstanding staff, as well as preparing the next generation of employees.... [tags: Human Resources Essays]
1227 words (3.5 pages)
Managing time wisely is the key to success with anything that needs to be done or achieved in life. As a student at Axia College, I have learned how to prioritize my time between my courses. By scheduling time for my studies and my personal life, I have constructed a way to make sure that everything gets done within my allotted time frame. Balancing time is important for everyone. When there are more than just a few things that need to be done within a single day’s time, it is crucial to prioritize everything by importance. Some form of time management needs to be used to give time to the different areas of a person’s life. Going to school, working, and taking care of family responsibilities can put many pressures on a person if his/her time is not managed properly. That is why it is so important to create a schedule to go by. Although, there will be certain occasions that arise when the schedule will need to be deviated. Emergencies or unforeseen complications arise when they are least expected. This is why it is always important for a person not to stretch themselves to thin. Prioritizing their daily tasks can help solve this problem. Making sure the most important tasks are taken care of first plays a major part when problems occur. Avoiding time wasters is also important to remember when more important things have to be completed. Time wastes such as television, lounging around the house, or even browsing the internet should be done when a person has plenty of his/her own free time.
Reading comprehension techniques are very useful to people in their education and their careers. There are a variety of techniques used to help different people understand what they are reading. People with an open mind are able to retain more from their reading because it allows them to get emotionally involved. Being emotionally involved in what is being read is always a key to keep the concentration level high to retain more information. Another technique used is to avoid distractions as much as possible. Avoiding distractions will allow the reader to gain a better understand of the information being read. Broadening of a person’s vocabulary will also help. This will cut down on any unnecessary time spent trying to figure out what a specific word means. SQ3R is used as a way to skim a book faster and gather more efficient information. It allows a person to go through the chapters and pick out important information needed for a certain task. Asking questions before reading a book helps you to find what you are looking for as you read. It gives you the ability to pinpoint the exact information that is needed by the reader. Also the review of the questions has a way of highlighting the important factors of the chapters that were read.
I have found that I can use my personality type to help others. I am an organizer and very dependable when it comes to completing something. In being an organizer, it can be very useful and effective with a distance learning course. Organizers are able to help other people when they need help understanding something. They can always come up with new ideas on how to remember information and can suggest things to the group others would not normally think of. In developing multiple intelligences, they are several techniques which can be used for the different intelligences. I have a very high musical intelligence which I use on a daily basis. I listen to music while I study to help me remember and understand things better. That is a commonly used technique that people with the musical intelligence use. I can also use the other techniques I have found to help me develop my skills. I can relate to other personality types by helping others to develop their own musical intelligence. I can also learn from other people to develop my other intelligences by using techniques they suggest.