In today’s society, grades and test scores are valued greatly and ultimately determine your future. School systems over the years have dedicated and shifted all their attention on logic. According to (Richard, 2015), “Today’s education system places too much emphasis on testing and not enough investment in the training, tools, and time needed to teach creativity.” Courses like math, history, science and English are continuously repeated throughout a student’s school years. Students are taught that in order to become successful in life they should excel in these courses. School systems, unfortunately, place more emphasis on these courses rather than an individual’s creative interests. For example, a student who is excellent at science and strives to be a scientist will be held at a higher pedestal than a student who has a passion for the arts and pursues a career in Art. Due to this ongoing pattern, students will eventually feel trapped; Afraid to express themselves and what society will ha...
... middle of paper ...
...o you are as a person. According to (Soliman, 2015), “Schools advise students to be creative and express themselves but do not give the time to do so. I believe that learning how to think to use those facts should be what education is about. Creativity is an acquired skill and learning what to do with facts is the key that builds on originality.”
To Conclude, Children all around the nation are bursting with excitement with their creative imagination and should be allowed to put these tasks to work. Education systems should practice on making focusing more on creativity than just logic. Also, the amount of electives and clubs should be expanded to fit almost every student’s needs. Lastly, teachers should be supportive of their students and encourage creativity instead of shaming it. Therefore, Schools should focus on creating unique individuals instead of soldiers.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Our future is dependent on what we prepare for today, and only education could bring you to a golden door. No matter that you do not know where you are going, but you need to maintain the fact that you are moving. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” - Nelson Mandela, the first President of South Africa who dismantles the legacy of apartheid in South Africa. Unlike the old day, people were judged how powerful they are by their physical body. Today, people determine a person by his or her brain.... [tags: Education, Educational psychology]
1392 words (4 pages)
- Luigie Olmos Instructor: Danielle Panto English 105 November 28, 2016 Reaching For A Better Education Nelson Mandela once said, “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world” (2016). Mandela’s says that education is very powerful, you can use education to change the world or your life. This means that education is important in life and we all need a good education to succeed in life. In our society education is failing because schools demand too much for a great career.... [tags: Education, Learning, School, Teacher]
892 words (2.5 pages)
- Education and Child Labor in Africa “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” Nelson Mandela, an anti-apartheid revolutionary, politician, and a philanthropist said the words above and by themselves these words mean a lot more than anything else, especially when it comes to Africa. (Wikipedia.org, 2016) By 1920’s, countries in Africa had already started fighting for their freedom against the British Colonial Rule and many of the state unions had procured freedom through revolutionary methodology, but what is the first issue any free government has to deal.... [tags: Education, School, Teacher, Colonialism]
1201 words (3.4 pages)
- Education is the most powerful weapon in which you can change the world with. There could be many natural born leaders that could change the world, but without the right rein and Inequality in Education by Kevin D. Williamson. These articles focus on the inequality in education in the United States. The United States has an education how could they lead today into a better tomorrow. Educational inequality is a big problem that is limiting so many people that is talented These problems are brought out in the articles What Will Decrease Educational Inequality by Adam Gamoreat educational system, and it improves by: having a smaller gap between the rich and the poor people in the United States,... [tags: Poverty, Education, School, United States]
1049 words (3 pages)
- Education gives people the competence and skills to pilot the world. It also allows people to provide and contribute to their society and community. Like Nelson Mandela said “ Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world”. Similar to our lives, our educational journeys are different from one another. My educational journey was a very complicated journey. My family and mentors supported me, so was able to overcome those obstacles. The biggest motivation that got me through this journey was my father’s courage and love for education.... [tags: Academic degree, Bachelor's degree, Education]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- Education should enable the growth of creativity in students. As Nelson Mandela once said, “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” Children are born with originality and talents that should be expressed in any given atmosphere. However, school systems today are centering all their attention on logic instead of creativity. The variety of clubs, extra-curricular activities, and electives that students can choose from are slim. Also, teachers are not encouraging creativity like they should be; Instead, students are taught to follow strict guidelines.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, High school]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Growing people always dream about going to college. They think that after finishing high school automatically comes college. But the question is do they realize the value of having a college education, or they just go because someone told so, or maybe this how it goes. People now days don’t really know how value having a college education is. “Education is most powerful weapon which people can use to change the world”. (Mandala). Having a college degree could provide more opportunity’s and knowledge for people to strive and become more active in their community’s and help people in their own fields like having a dotora and lawyer, or even a policemen.... [tags: Academic degree, Higher education, High school]
1320 words (3.8 pages)
- “Education is the most powerful weapon that you can use to change the world” (Mandela). Education has the capability to change ones’ life for the better if the individual is willing to put in the work. The United States places a significant emphasis on education, starting at a young age and continuing through young adulthood. In America, the education process is a twelve step system. The course begins when the child enters kindergarten at the age of five, attends grammar or elementary school for grades one through eight, high or secondary school for grades nine through twelve, and then enters college (The Columbia Encyclopedia).... [tags: High school, Sleep, Sleep deprivation, College]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- Nelson Mandela once said that, “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world. “I believe that Mandela supported the youth and pushed them to pursue knowledge through education and leave a mark on this world. That is what I hope to accomplish during my 4 years at Saginaw Valley State University. Through a higher learning institute alone will help develop me for the real-world in terms of time management, organization, work schedule, independence, and communication skills.... [tags: High school, College, Community service]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- Many people often ask themselves;why is education so important in our day today life?What is still the truth is that education is the most powerful weapon of all arsenal we havein fact stronger than guns,bombs and missiles to say.The reason is because its the source of all successes that have been achieved and to be achieved in future.So education is paramount its the hot bed to success and brings with it these benefit. Gains from Education Fundamentally education equips persons with ability to read and write.... [tags: Person, Learning, Communication, People]
751 words (2.1 pages)