Education Done Right
“While modern education seeks only to propel a student toward the utilitarian goal of a successful career, the classical, Christian education seeks to nurture the whole person, preparing him to participate fully in all realms of this world and the next” (Classical 16).
Our education is the most important thing in our lives. It is our way of going out into the world and making a living and place for ourselves. It is not something we should take lightly. As we grow older, we are faced with having to decide which college to attend or even which school system to send our children to one day. When making this decision, we should examine all of our possibilities and which school will be the most beneficial in the future. There are two types of school systems we have to choose from; a Christian school and a Secular school. Though both would allow for someone to advance further into the real world with a great education, a Christian school would be the far more superior choice. Though many would disagree with attending a Christian school because of its high cost and many Bible classes, it is the only type of school system that gives the students the truth about life. And although many parents believe that it will only shelter their children from real world experiences, it is actually preparing them for the life ahead of them by sharing with them the truth about life in every aspect. By doing this, the students are not only bettering their own life, but bettering their walk with God which in turn will lead them down a road of success. A true Christian school cares for its students, and although it may have its downfalls, is still far more superior to a secular education because it betters the students’ education, wa...
... middle of paper ...
...ist in our education, it is unbeneficial to the students. It serves no purpose in teaching the students about the true meaning of life and leads them down a confused path with no feeling of purpose to their life. In order for children to grow up and become successful followers of Christ, they need to be led in the right direction from the beginning. As stated in Proverbs 22:6, a child should be raised up in such a way that they will not depart from it in their older age (Holy Bible). In order to do so, parents should send their children to a Christin school that cares for their students and want them to succeed. Their only goal is to make sure that the students grow as an individual and better their walk with Christ. A Christian school helps them to find their purpose in life and fulfill the Will of God and therefore will always be the more superior type of education.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Having to go to school is something that people dread to do, although education is what drives most people to go forward. An education is an important thing to have because everyone would need it to be able to help in their society. Being able to receive a proper education is essential because one day someone might be able to overcome something that wasn’t able to be overcome in the past. Then any men, women, or even children can make the difference in the world, even if it is just a small difference.... [tags: Higher education, Education, High school, School]
1779 words (5.1 pages)
- College is a very important thing. If you go to college you will most likely get better pay in your career. Also, with a college degree, you have more opportunities. I believe that everyone should go to college. If you don’t go to college and just go into some job and that fails then you have no backup plan. A college graduate is more likely to be offered employment than another who didn’t attend college, if you have a college degree you will make more money in your lifetime than someone who doesn’t have a degree, if you are considering having children having a college degree is very beneficial to them, you have a higher chance of having better health yourself, college is very beneficial, an... [tags: High school, Higher education, Graduation]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- Many students around the world today focus mainly one thing while they are in school; Career and income, but how do you achieve that. How does one get the career they want and the income they yearn. The answer is education several countries are known for their exceptional performance in academics and the pressure related to their education. Among those countries are China, India and Japan. These three countries share a lot in common; exceptionally bright students and a very rigorous education system that showers students with pressure from parents to perform exceptional in school.... [tags: Education ]
2528 words (7.2 pages)
- Family is the most important thing in the world a single word, with many different meaning. As the backbone of society family plays an important role in who an individual can be. The family can determine the class of an individual, the education level, and their religion. There are different types of families that have existed and some that are still present today. In the past the nuclear family was the ideal model. The nuclear family also called domesticity is characterized as, women being responsible for keeping the home and children and men being the breadwinner.... [tags: Family, Nuclear family, Extended family, Marriage]
2500 words (7.1 pages)
- Our world consists of many different nationalities, countries and races, and none of them are the same. Each country has its own national language. In this world, every part of which is absolutely different and doesn’t look familiar to another, there is one thing, which is one of the most important everywhere. The name of which is literacy. Everywhere, from The United States Of America to Russian Federation, from Sweden to Australia everybody wants to have the power, the power to be able to read and get knowledge from it.... [tags: Abolitionism, Frederick Douglass, Knowledge]
1395 words (4 pages)
- Education is one of the most important factors regarding humanity. It’s a necessity to interact and communicate with the world, as well a tool to traverse its intricacies and surroundings. Without it, success in such a diverse environment, is almost unheard of. This is why education is required in almost all countries of the world today, and why traditionally the few subjects taught are: math, reading, writing, and the sciences, with room for an art form such as music, or dance. Though, these are the quantitative sides regarding education and while they are vastly important in being a well-educated individual, so are the concepts of qualitative topics such as psychology, behaviorism, and mos... [tags: Education, School, Teacher, Birth control]
1078 words (3.1 pages)
- Everything that I do and plan revolves around my family they are the single most important aspect of my life. They are the ones responsible for what I am today, they taught me to believe in God, that family always comes first, education is the key to a successful life and that I should always be happy with what I have. All my beliefs and values revolves around those concepts, hopefully being part of a diverse society has made me a better person and more understanding of others. My values and beliefs come from a combination of what my parents instilled in me and what I have come to learn throughout the years.... [tags: my family is the most important thing]
838 words (2.4 pages)
- A teacher’s most important duty is to protect the students they are in charge of. This duty includes both reasonably protecting students from harm and, when a student is harmed, reporting it to the proper authorities (Gooden, Eckes, Mead, McNeal, & Torres, 2013, pp. 103-109). There have been many court cases that reiterate this duty of school staff. One such case is Frugis v. Bracigliano (2003) where many staff at a school failed in their duty to protect students and allowed abuse to continue for years.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Teacher, College]
1190 words (3.4 pages)
- Children make up the future. That is why the components that go into raising them and their education are so crucial. The world needs well rounded people, who are not afraid to express and push themselves, skills that have to be learned early on. However there are many things changing in the way children are educated, and one of those things has been the reducing of art related education. There is this idea that arts in education is not as important as the core classes such as, math science and English.... [tags: Education, Developmental psychology, Learning]
989 words (2.8 pages)
- Introduction. Everybody is different and learn in many different ways as they grow up or the environment they are grown into. I believe education is important for everyone in this world. Not only will a good education will get you a good job, but also very good manners and having respect for others. Learning a good education all depends on the person and the person teaching it. Education to me is hard to explain and hard to even come up with a study method, but that’s just me. We all have our own way in studying and preparing when it comes to a big test.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, History of education]
1055 words (3 pages)
- I Planned And Implemented Lessons
- Comparing The Poems ' Because I Could Not Stop For Death ``
- Rational Choice Theory Vs. Strain Theory
- The New York Times By Damien Cave And Julie Hirschfeld
- The Decline Of The Roman Empire
- How Ergonomic Solutions Can Increase Productivity And Decrease Long Term Injuries