Supporters of human rights frequently promote education as an essential right for humanity. They also advocate that this pedagogical freedom must be guaranteed equally to all members of society without discrimination of any kind. According to the Committee on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (CESCR, as cited in McMillan ,2011), nations have the requirement to respect, protect, and fulfill the right to education (pg.535). In this argument, McMillan (2011) also explained that "Education is necessary for ensuring that students are adequately trained to become effective jobholders in their workforce" (pg. 538), meaning that as a result of this ideology, governments recognize that is indispensable to ensure an academic approach for a future trained society. Consequently, political agendas and laws should be centered with a constitutional structure that provides excellent educational programs for all communities. For example, the U.S. Department of Education (USDE 2014) explained the 2015 budget of the Obama administration; they stated t...
... middle of paper ...
In conclusion, even though the counterarguments of this research exposed misunderstandings of the importance of education in personal success, is relevant to comprehend that they are only exceptions to a universal rule in which high academic levels leads to future professionals that will improve society. It is also clear to conclude, that the marketing and consumption ideals of education cannot impact the access to students, since the government provides agendas that contributes to a quality access to minorities. On the other hand, it is evident to assumed that education is actually a right that offers personal privileges such as career achievement and social opportunities. It is the time for citizens to stand up and stop complaining on how society works, but to become educated and give back an academic capacity that can guide the country to a recovery.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Education enriches and empowers individuals to achieve beyond their imaginations, Education is a prosperous investment it perhaps draws a line between the rich and the poor. Not only our parents but also the greatest people of all times, have continuously placed a higher emphasis on education, However, what is education. Is it finding x, filling in the blanks or multiple choice. Or is it the price we pay for being humans. Sometimes the burden of school work is such that we start to reassess our priorities “do I really need an education” you ask yourself or maybe there is a shortcut to success.... [tags: Education, High school, Higher education, Teacher]
1269 words (3.6 pages)
- Higher education is seen as a privilege and not a right, however, in the United States it is not a privilege that every person can afford. Free college education is essential because it gives students the right to equal and better career opportunities, therefore making this privilege accessible to all. Education also plays an integral role in promoting a nation 's economic growth; having more Americans with higher education starting up more businesses resulting in the creation of more jobs, therefore putting more money in the economy.... [tags: Higher education, College, United States]
1537 words (4.4 pages)
- The Right to a Free Education As of 2012, American college students had accumulated between $902 billion to $1 trillion in students loan debts (Driscoll and Clapp). The cost of a college education exceeds the financial means of the average American family. Yet, a college education is essential for success in nearly every sufficiently paying career. No student should be denied an education because of his financial background. College tuition needs to be free for American citizens because it creates more opportunities for each person, student loans are extremely high, and high school diplomas no longer offer the same opportunities.... [tags: High school, Higher education, Academic degree]
1161 words (3.3 pages)
- Education is mandatory in ones pursuit for success. It is essential for all aspects of life. Education is the one thing that can never be taken from a person. The success rate of our young people is determined by the education they will receive. Students who are attending public schools are facing extreme obstacles in achieving basic education requirements. Outdated public policies, government budget cuts, and social/economic issues are effecting high school graduation at an alarming rate. The lack of properly education students graduating high school is causing a negative affecting our great nation.... [tags: High school, Education, School, Teacher]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- Should higher education become an unalienable right in America. Tuition costs in America have risen dramatically even if adjusted for inflation. Moreover, higher costs leave more and more students in debt after completing college, and high expenses may even deter economically poor scholars from pursuing university thus forcing them into catch-22s. Many countries around the world, especially the European countries, already offer tuition-free post-secondary education to their citizens. The purpose of this debate is to determine if some form of education reform is required so that America can compete on the global scale, increase access to education, and not have students with six-figure debt... [tags: Higher education, University, College]
1173 words (3.4 pages)
- Education What do people commonly think when they hear the word education. Well, when people hear education they automatically think school. Education is not just something people go to school for. People learn and grow before attending school and continue to grow and educate themselves or by others after they graduate school. Consequently, school is not education it is more complex and valuable than that. Education starts from birth and stays with a person throughout each phase of their life. Nobody can deprive one another from education it can either be self taught or taught by others.... [tags: Education, School, Teacher, Learning]
749 words (2.1 pages)
- Whereas the public was told that higher education is the best path to future economic success, the increasingly competitive and harmful nature of the educational system has some families seeking alternatives to the common institution. The question becomes whether these alternatives are the right solution for producing well-rounded young adults who are prepared to enter the global economy. By the end of 2015, there have been 4,200 students who visited the Engemann Student Health Center at USC, which is a 20 percent increase from last year.... [tags: Higher education, High school, University]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- Special Education is a wonderful program built to help children who may need extra assistance. It is very important for the guardian to stay in the loop and be kept up to date with everything. Referral, Evaluation, Individualized Education Program (IEP), Placement, and Annual Reviews are the steps that carry a child and guardian through the special education program. The fact that special education can be free to families is an amazing thing, because a child should be able to get the help they need to excel in school.... [tags: Education, Special education, Teacher]
1172 words (3.3 pages)
- When men are asked about the characteristics of an ideal woman or girlfriend, what will they say. A survey was done by a television show in China. They randomly pick some men on the street and ask them about the ideal girlfriend in their mind. According to the survey, there are forty-five percent men think that an ideal partner should be a good, ethical wife and mother. This is the most common and popular requirement. Another thirty-two precent men required for the characteristics such as femininity, gentle, and amiable; ten percent men wanted thrifty and like-minded women.... [tags: Chinese ideals for women]
807 words (2.3 pages)
- For the past five years my grandmother has asked one simple question, "When are you going to learn how to cook?" According to my grandmother, women have the obligation to cook for their husbands. Although my grandmother 's reason is valid, my answer is fairly simple, "I do not want to cook." It’s clear that my response provokes frustration for my grandmother, this difference of opinion has the power to create family feud. According, to Cesar [my boyfriend], "Your grandmother is right, it’s essential that you learn how to cook”.... [tags: Gender, Gender role, Man, Female]
820 words (2.3 pages)