How To Cake It is a YouTube channel that shows the steps taken to create cakes that do not look like cakes (they often times are made to look like other foods). This show relates to the ideas of economics in many ways. The first few ways are focused on how people make decisions.
In the show How To Cake It every week they create a different themed cake. They make
this choice each week based on suggestions in the comments of the previous videos. Their team must then choose from the top two suggestions and choose the theme they’d like to do for that week. (People face trade offs) #1.In order to make the majority happy they generally pick the theme with the most votes. The viewers who voted on the winning theme are satisfied, however this also means that viewers who voted for the losing theme are not satisfied and the show could potentially lose subscribers. (The cost of something is what you give up to get it) #2. Knowing that it is impossible to please everyone they try to please the majority in hopes that they will gain more than they lose. Doing popular themes is a good way to get new people watching, and although it is possible to lose subscribers they gain more subscribers daily than they lose with this method. (Rational people think at the margin) #3. Another method they are using to gain subscribers is called “It takes two” where a current subscriber tags a non subscriber in the comments and once they are both subscribed they have a chance to win specialty tee-shirts made by the How To Cake It team. This has been a very successful method, and they have almost doubled their subscribers just by providing a simple incentive. (People respond to incentives) #4.
How To Cake It relates well to econom...
... middle of paper ...
...hinery to bake the cakes, such as a bigger oven. (Investment) #11. They have many other tools that help them produce their cakes, such as pans, mixers, silverware, and many more that make the process more efficient. (Physical Capital) #12. They also have a staff of highly educated professionals, Yolanda is the host and she is great at baking cakes and has acquired her skills through years of school and training.(Human Capital) #13. They also have a technical crew with years of training as well, they are important to the show because they help find the most efficient ways to increase the productivity. (Technological Knowledge) #14. In the future How To Cake It hopes to make stores not only in the United States but also in other countries as well. They predict that they will be able to open stores in foreign countries within the next few years. (Direct Investment) #15.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In this paper, I will be talking about the cupcake industry and economic sector. What its current and future growth rate is along with its trends, competitors and finances. In addition, I will touch base on the data that was found for this research paper. I will elaborate on the where, what, why and when to further show my reasoning for using the data. Let’s face it, a good, creamy chocolate cake does a lot for a lot of people” said Audrey Hepburn and I agree. As we’ve settled more into the 21st century year after year , people come up with the coolest ideas on serving desserts.... [tags: Baking, Cake, Cakes, Economics]
1137 words (3.2 pages)
- Social studies is a huge part of the elementary curriculum. Without social studies, elementary students would have a huge gap in their knowledge content. Economics is responsible for providing a large amount of information to students. For third graders, the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction places economics under goal five. Goal five divides communities and the basic economic principles into seven objectives. The first objective for third grade economics asks for students to understand the definition of scarcity and be able to provide examples.... [tags: Economics]
1460 words (4.2 pages)
- “I will be honest, there are some kids, I take them into the (kitchen) lab, and they can’t even measure…we are talking basic, basic skills. I think that has a lot to do with the family structure, how the family has changed” (Wischmeyer). Home Economics was a mandatory and popular class in the 1980’s and 1990’s. This class taught more than how to frost a cake, it taught basic and detailed skills such as sewing a button, measuring and sanitizing skills. In this class learning to manage a budget and preparing a meal were strong components as well as learning to use basic tools.... [tags: high school curriculum]
1188 words (3.4 pages)
- A chocolate cake should be easy and fun to make at home with friends, family, or even your children. They could help you and learn how to make a chocolate cake too. It could be a perfect cake for a birthday party, friends to come over, or a Thanksgiving and Christmas party dessert. The decadent dessert is great for chocolate lovers and will be a hit at your next party. The cake shouldn 't take you long to make it, but you will make a lot of mess doing the cake. Making a decision chocolate cracks cake would be a great treat that you will enjoy.... [tags: Milk, Chocolate, Cake, Butter]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- ... On top of that, as a direct result of Bokanovsky’s Process, the creation of humans has fallen into line with the economic principles of supply and demand. For example, when the Hatchery Director is giving a tour to students, the reader is enlightened by what this process entails: …a bokanovskied egg will proliferate, will divide. From eight to ninety-six buds, and every bud will grow into a perfectly formed embryo and every embryo into a full-sized adult. Making ninety-six human beings grow where only one grew before… (p.... [tags: society, economics, dehumanized]
1344 words (3.8 pages)
- As prices begin to rise in various sectors of the economy, some businesses are continuing to tread lightly. Keeping costs down has assisted the US economy in balancing the control of inflation better than other countries emerging from the global recession, such as China and Europe. But with the US economy still recovering and inflation rates in other nations rising the concern of slipping back into another recession has become a very real issue. Factors such as supply and demand, price elasticity and inflation are all contributing factors to the outcome.... [tags: Economics ]
1608 words (4.6 pages)
- How To Make A Chocolate Cracks Cake A chocolate cake should be easy and fun to make at home with friends, family, or even your children. They could help you and learn how to make a chocolate cake too. It could be a perfect cake for a birthday party, friends to come over, or a Thanksgivings and Christmas party dessert. The decadent dessert is great for chocolate lovers and will be a hit at your next party. The cake shouldn 't take you long to make it, but you will make a lot of mess doing the cake.... [tags: Milk, Chocolate, Cake, Butter]
885 words (2.5 pages)
- A long-term study of the international market reveals that the Russian financial system is unique, due to its many economic changes throughout its historic existence. It is well documented that up and until 1990, Russia operated as a socialist economy. In contrast, during contemporary times it is conducted as a capitalist economy following the leadership of President Vladimir Putin. All through its socialistic era, there was a constant battle between the poor and those who privately owned their lands, fields, factories, corporations, and various other enterprises.... [tags: Econmomics]
1527 words (4.4 pages)
- It's the Cake The title above comes from a comment made by author Jerry Hirschberg. "Creative activity [isn't] the icing on the cake. Human creativity is the cake." Getting a bite of this cake is what proves to be frustrating for some people. Simply put, there isn't one sure-fire method to achieve creative success. However, there are certainly underlying attitudes and patterns that one can perceive in creative people, (and in this most humble of papers), I will attempt to show to you through texts such as Hirschberg's The Creative Priority and my own forays with Madame Creatividad that experiencing creativity is simply a matter of opening yourself up to the world around you.... [tags: Creative Creativity Essays]
1518 words (4.3 pages)
- Definition of Topic: Economics is the study of supply and demand. It defines the ways that human beings allocate resources and how resources are distributed amongst a market. It allows you to see trends in current market places and predict what may happen in the future. Many different subjects were once regarded as a part of economics. Political science and even sociology were once considered part of the field. These subjects still play a major role in understanding economics but are also completely separate disciplines today.... [tags: Understanding Economics Essays]
1694 words (4.8 pages)