The purpose of this essay is to analysis the easyJet plc about the company’s operation performance, financial status and the ability to control different risks. To achieve the aim, the investigation of the essay will include the following parts: the introduction of the company, the financial trends during the last 5 years, the method about how does the company do their globalization, and how does the company manage the risks that along with the globalization. Finally, the recommendation will be given to the company.
easyJet plc(easyJet) is a company which headquartered in Luton and provides point to point air services in the UK as well as in the most countries of Europe. easyJet operates more than 600 routes serving 130 airports across 30 countries. The company was established in 1995 and by the end of 2013, it has over 8,446 employees.
The total turnover of the fiscal year 2013 of easyJet plc is ￡4,258,000, and this number is combined by the turnover of UK, which is ￡1,971,000 and the turnover of exports which is ￡2,287,000.
easyJet plc is a successful company which the market valve is ￡6,796.39 million and it belongs to the travel& leisure sector on the London stock exchange market. Based on the chart that has been found on the internet, it is easy to notice that this industry performed well during 2013 to 2014 because the share price was on the rise.
Figure 1: Performance of travel and leisure sector for the last one year
To figure out how was the easyJet plc’s performance, some important financial trends should be gathered and noticed.
For the last 5 years, the asset turnover of easyJet has increased by 0.19, form 0.79 at 2009 to 0.98 at 2013. This shows th...
... middle of paper ...
...ate risks and the country and political risks during 2013 cannot be found. The improvement of annual report can help annalists be clearer with the company’s position and attract more investors.
Third, a comprehensive long-term risk management should be set-up. Airline industry is facing a lot of uncertainties; the easyJet plc should establish a department which focuses on dealing and preventing the long-term risks that could happen in the future.
As a company which listed on the London stock exchange market, easyJet has become a famous and successful company in the Europe, even in some non-EU countries. But even so, easyJet still have some weakness and risks to handle, especially in the area of exchange risks and political risks. As a company that operates in so many countries, some prevention action should be done by the company as soon as possible.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... By retrieving data from paragraph above, it will be simply calculated by inventory plus receivable days minus payable days. The cash cycle for company in 2010 and 2011 were approximate 29.52days and 41.91days. In contrast 2010 with 2011, company in 2011 was took 12.39days more on the cash cycle, which was a indicator that there was longer time for business to receive the working capital from expenditure. This result may arise from the tough environment in these years, and increasing sale. Compare NEXT PLC Current performance, financial position and liquidity with Competitor - DEBENHAMS PLC DEBENHAMS PLC DEBENHAMS PLC was a well-known British retailer group under the department basis, i... [tags: Finance, Performance, Competition]
2693 words (7.7 pages)
- One could make the argument that the quest for supersonic transport began on October 14, 1947, when Chuck Yeager reached Mach 1.06 in the Bell X-1 (Rediess, 2012). Since the 1950s, dreamers have envisioned technological advancements, including supersonic transport, most of which failed to materialize (Cochrane, 2012). Today, developers must ask the question, ‘Is a world, where the only commercial supersonic aircraft is retired (Candel, 2004), ready for a supersonic business jet?’ At least one company believes it is.... [tags: business jet, aerion, supersonic flight]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- Water Jet Cutting It is common practice to shape the world around us. By utilizing manufacturing processes we employ machines and raw materials to form final products and apply them to our surroundings. These applications are anything that changes a once stock or raw material into a usable item intended for a specified purpose. Manufacturing processes for example are things such as heat treating, machining, bending, grinding and cutting of the initial product. One kind of machine that is important to industry is called a waterjet.... [tags: Water jet cutter, Water, Garnet]
2211 words (6.3 pages)
- Aim : Analyzing and identifying the limitations of the balanced scorecard performance measure. With the assistance of this assignment, the author will cover learning outcome 2, which is to produce an alternative set of measures for the same organization-Corus Group plc (chosen in assignment 1), which contains factors other than financial factors that contribute to company performance, and suggest how such factors might be measured. Introduction Corus Group plc was formed on 6th October 1999, through the merger of British Steel and Koninklijke Hoogovens.... [tags: Corus Group PLC]
3028 words (8.7 pages)
- ... Today, only the Next-Generation 737s are still in production. With the total order of 11774 and 7980 delivered aircraft, the 737 Family is the best selling airplane family between both Boeing and Airbus (The Boeing Company, 2014). Among the total number order and delivered 737s, the Next- Generation 737 Family has more than 6300 orders and 4400 of them have already been delivered. Considering the 737 MAX will not delivery until the beginning of 2017, the extended range version, 737-900ER, is the newest and the longest of the family.... [tags: history, company overview]
1974 words (5.6 pages)
- Introduction: Accounting is the pillar of every company to measure its growth, loss, revenue , capital, its really specify the real terms in foam of figures and sometimes in tables, in accounting there are certain rules are obtained to make more accuracy while playing with figures. To apply and the all ‘ rules of game‘of an business we taking an aviation company known as “Jet Airways” before we get into, here are some intro points about this company. History: Jet Airways was found in 1st April 1992 by Mr.... [tags: Case Study]
1939 words (5.5 pages)
- Advantages of a Public Limited Company (Plc) Tesco is a public limited company (plc). A lot of big companies go public. This is because unlike a private limited, a plc is able to advertise the sale of shares and sell them to members of the general public though the stock exchange. Advantages of a Public Limited Company (Plc) · Shares can be advertised · Shares can be sold through the stock exchange · Large plc’s may find it easier to borrow from banks · Shareholders have limited liability · Cheaper borrowing and bulk purchasing Disadvantages of a Public Limited Company (Plc) · Going public can be expensive · Some plc’s can grow so large that they may become difficult to manage effectiv... [tags: Business and Management Studies]
1274 words (3.6 pages)
- The SCRAMJET, simply abbreviated from Supersonic Combustion Ramjet, is the latest evolution of the jet engine family. NASA made the news with each test of the X-43A scramjet craft, so I set about to discover why this type of jet engine should garner so much scientific attention. Turbojet The most basic jet engine is the turbojet. As soon as the air enters the front of the engine, the blades of the compressor, compresses the air before funneling it into the combustion chamber. During the compression, not only is the density of the air increased by compressing it in a confined chamber, but the temperature of the air also increases as the air molecules of squeezed closer together.... [tags: physics jet engine]
1481 words (4.2 pages)
A Comprehensive Overview and An Analytical Insight Into Human Resource Management at Barclays Bank Plc
- A Comprehensive Overview and An Analytical Insight Into Human Resource Management at Barclays Bank Plc Introduction ============ This report is being produced to fulfil the criteria required for unit 4 of the AVCE course in business. It gives a comprehensive overview and an analytical insight into human resource management at Barclays bank plc. The report particularly focuses on the possible conflict between Recruitment and Selection and Training and Development. At Barclays bank plc in view of current economic climate for banks of competition.... [tags: Papers]
2725 words (7.8 pages)
- The Basics A jet engine can be divided into several distinct sections: intake, compressor, diffuser, combustion chamber, turbine, and exhaust. These sections are much like the different cycles in a four-stroke reciprocating engine: intake, compression, power and exhaust. In a four-stroke engine a fuel/air mixture is is brought into the engine (intake), compressed (compression), and finally ignited and pushed out the exhaust (power and exhaust). In it's most basic form, a jet engine works in much the same way.... [tags: physics jet jets engine engines]
1984 words (5.7 pages)