The dyeing of Easter eggs is a common tradition in Kosova Vs America. In kosova, usually, Easter month starts anywhere between March 22 and April 25. Lent is considered forty days long, because Sundays are not counted among the days of Lent. The first week of Palm Sunday marks the beginning of Holy Week. The final week of Lent is the week before Easter Sunday. Like other important days in the Easter month, (for example, Spy Wednesday, “The Last Supper”) occurs on Thursday. The Last Supper was shared by Jesus and his disciples which was the last meal they shared together. Next, comes Good Friday in which Christians remember Christ’s crucifixion and burial. Similarly, in America Easter month is the same as it is in Kosova. However, here in America they don’t follow the Christian traditions as much as they do in Kosova. The eggs are symbol color used on Easter. For example, red eggs symbolize Christ’s blood on the cross. Although, the food is traditional, in America some families prepare an Easter ham. Comparing and contrasting the Easter in Kosova vs. America is the difference in the religious affiliation.
First of all, Easter in Kosova is more traditional than it is here in America. In Kosova the Easter month it is important for people who believe in the Christian religion, it is also a month for people to pray for their needs. Moreover , most of the people in Kosova fast doing the month of Easter. In Kosova which we say “we have eleven months that God gave us to do whatever we want and one month for him” meaning that people should fast during the Easter month .
Although , this is a religious concept that some people may choose to understand or practice. This may have become a common prac...
... middle of paper ...
... so important; they go door to door in the neighborhood to collect Easter eggs.
In the same way, in America Easter month starts at the same month and is also important to some people. Compared to my American friend Rebecca, she had no idea what Lent, spy Wednesday and Good Friday were all about. Although this is not to say other Americans are not as traditional in their approach to the religious discipline. Easter may in spire us in different ways.
In conclusion, it seems as though Easter is pretty much celebrated by all in the same way In Kosova, we have a sense of togetherness that is different than in America. In America everyone seems to have their “own thing” and those traditions vary from family to family and each religion celebrates Easter completely different from the other. This is not good or bad it is just unlike Easter in Kosova.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The history of Easter The holiday known as Easter dates all the way back to when the world calendar that all nations abide by were just starting in its first years, and said holiday stems from the Christian/ catholic beliefs that they’re messiah Jesus was killed and resurrected from the dead; and from which a multitude of traditions and customs came and transformed into what is now the modern day interpretation. The holiday was originally celebrated to commemorate the death and resurrection of the infamous self-proclaimed son of god according to the Christian bible.... [tags: Easter, Jesus, Rabbit, Easter Bunny]
1135 words (3.2 pages)
- Pacific Ocean covers almost a third of our planet. In the central and south-western parts of the island are located in Oceania. Looking at the map, you can see that the farther to the east of Australia, the smaller size of the islands are, the rarer they are. And then thousands of kilometers of water surface - and her continent of South America. People inhabit the ocean as far as the most remote islands. Despite the enormity of these distances, Polynesians speak related languages and are very close to each other in physical type and culture.... [tags: pacific ocean, easter island, pastoralists]
2385 words (6.8 pages)
- The Intervention in Kosova If you asked somebody about Kosova three years ago, they would hardly even know where it is. They would maybe respond with an attitude that Kosova should be somewhere in Asia or Africa. Today, however, people in all continents have at least some information about the conflict. The year 1999 brought Kosova conflict to the television screens all over the world. Daily images of fleeing refugees or the ones of the NATO air raids could be heartbreaking for everyone who had prejudices about the sides of the conflict, or for a person living far away from the region and knowing nothing about it.... [tags: Papers]
1347 words (3.8 pages)
- One of the most important religious holidays in Romania is Easter, the annual festival commemorating the resurrection of Jesus Christ. It is celebrated on a Sunday on changeable dates between March and April. Usually it is a week after the Catholic Easter. In Romania, the Christian Church says that Jesus was born during the winter solstice and his death followed by his resurrection happened during the spring equinox. Everyone, rich or poor, dresses in their best clothing; some are dressed in national costumes and attend to the midnight church service.... [tags: holidays, Easter, Romania, ]
521 words (1.5 pages)
- Pattern, Language, and Shape of "Easter Wings" George Herbert, the seventeenth century poet and author, lived and wrote at the dawn of an age of reason, when the English people were students of both the sciences, such as chemistry and physics, and of religion. This was a time when "Clergymen were authorities on all matters, bishops designed flying boats, lawyers knew the fine points of theology, [and] physicians wrote exquisite lyrics and impassioned prose" (Witherspoon 298). In such a time, a literary work would quickly be forgotten if it could not inspire interest.... [tags: Easter Wings]
890 words (2.5 pages)
- Passover v. Easter Today, millions of people celebrate Easter as an important religious holiday, while Passover is almost universally ignored. Many people will be surprised to find that the day God commanded us as believers to observe in the Bible is the Day being ignored. In this essay, I will compare this observance (holiday) with the instructions about worship found in the Bible regarding His “Holy Day” of Passover. The word Easter is the English word for “Ishtar” it is found only once in the King James Version Bible, (Acts 12:4) and there, it was mistranslated from the Greek work Pascha, which literally means Passover.... [tags: Easter Christianity Religion Religious]
766 words (2.2 pages)
- Richard Yates' book Easter Parade shows that life can never be the same after a family has failed. Yates details the lives of two daughters, Sarah Wilson and Emily Grimes, as they flail through life uncertain of anything clinging to the wrong people and vice addictions. Yates published this book to argue the ideals of the time. Many women were leaving their husbands and divorce was on the rise. Women were in a movement for independence during the early 1970's in America. Easter Parade is very informative of what can happen when a failed marriage occurs and the offspring are forced to cope with the divorce.... [tags: American Literature]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- Stony sentry’s, carved years ago by Polynesian craftsmen, gaze over one of the most remote places in the world. With their land enlarged by overuse, islanders now draw on a revival of their culture to attract visitors. I intend to tell about this small island off the coast of Chile named Easter Island. Easter Island, submerged volcanic mountain range in the eastern Pacific Ocean, is located 500 miles South of the Tropic of Capricorn, and 2,200 miles West of Chile. This area is located were it is swept by strong trade winds.... [tags: essays research papers]
981 words (2.8 pages)
- Easter Island was once a haven for its inhabitants. It provided them with all of their needs, food, shelter, tools, and even the ability to create great works of art. They abused this Eden, and turned it into a disaster, with almost no natural resources. This could very well happen to us, because our earth is the same Eden that Easter Island once was. The people of Easter Island came over to their new land, and recognized that it was ideal for them to settle. The land was lush; the sea was providing a bounty of fresh fish, and other seafood.... [tags: essays research papers]
609 words (1.7 pages)
- The Easter Vigil is mass in which we commemorate Jesus for his great sufferings. He was crucified on the cross so that we may one day spend all eternity with He and God. Most of the time the service begins around seven o’clock and held inside the Church structure with its people. For symbolic purposes, there is no Holy water; we are instead blessed during the ritual itself in order to memorialize our vows, taken at baptism. When mass initiates all lights have already been turned off, everyone has instead been given a candle.... [tags: essays research papers]
857 words (2.4 pages)