This improper disposal can cause environmental pollution. Poisonous liquids leak into the soil and can cause unproductive dirt. If insects carry the material to farming grounds, the crops can become infected and die. If crops do not die, they can become poisonous to those consuming the plants. This could either cause a great extinction in crops or can be the root of a mass poisoning in humans. It can also cause important bugs such as worms to die off. Worms take in dead plants and eat small pebbles as they move throughout the soil. These small insects also release casts. Casts are a very rich form of waste that contains nutrients such as nitrogen, phosphorus, and potash. These are nutrients that are...
... middle of paper ...
Aamoth, Doug. “Data Visualization Technology: Where do Your Tax Dollars Go?” Time Techland. 18 Apr 2011. 14 Mar 2012.
Baker. “Dangerous Mercury Contamination of Human Body Increasing, Study Finds.” Natural News. 23 Sept 2009. 13 Mar 2012.
Chemistry Explained. Advameg. Copyright 2012. 13 Mar 2012
Jarup, Lars. “Hazards of Heavy Metal Contamination.” British Medical Bulletin. 68 (2003): 167-82
Lidsky, Theodore. “Lead Neurotoxicity in Children Basic Mechanisms and Clinical Correlates.” 126 (2003): 5-19
Nature Works. Nhtptv.org. Copyright 2012 12 Mar 2012.
Recycling for Charities. Recycling for Charities. Copyright 1999-2012 12 Mar 2012.
Water Treatment Solutions. Lenntech. Copyright 1998-2011 12 Mar 2012.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In all of human history, people have written about inhuman beings, many of which include gods, demons, wizards, sorcerers, sorceresses, and witches. Nowadays mystical beings are seen everywhere in media. Most of society stopped believing in these creatures years ago, but for 17th-century Salem, witchcraft became a living nightmare (Fremon, 1999). I have studied this topic for years, especially anything pertaining to the Salem Witch Trials. I have read several books and have sources from universities and medical writers.... [tags: Ergot Poisoning]
1120 words (3.2 pages)
- Over the years, lead poisoning has become a major issue in the United States. The worst part about the lead poisoning outbreak is that it has increasingly worsened as the years have gone by. Along with the outbreak has come many harmful and deadly effects. Lead poisoning is a serious issue not to be taken lightly. Even a small pinch could be detrimental. It could even end someone’s life. Repairing the pipes, deteriorating health, and costly repairs were all effects of the lead poisoning outbreak.... [tags: Water, Drinking water, Lead poisoning]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- As lead poisoning is becoming much more popular, and the dangers as well as effects of lead are more prominent in our daily lives, people began to wonder ”Where’s the lead in that?”. Poisoned lead is contained in products that we commonly use in our daily lives and lead is widespread, easily found, and takes a toll on one’s health if they come into contact with it. Furthermore, there are no warning signs that something might contain lead, there are no limits on lead products sold mainly to adults, and lead is being children with autism, ADHD, and other special needs causing their conditions to increase.... [tags: Lead poisoning, Hypertension, Causality, Brain]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- Mercury Poisoning The article “Our Preferred Poison” in the March 2005 issue of Discover magazine brings up the issue dealing with mercury poisoning. The author, Karen Wright, writes, “Mercury is unimaginably toxic and dangerous. A single drop on a human hand can be irreversibly fatal. A single drop in a large lake can make all the fish in it unsafe to eat.” This was the opening statement in the article which first grabbed my attention, because I had not thought mercury to be such a deadly substance.... [tags: Mercury Poisoning Poison Essays]
571 words (1.6 pages)
- Food poisoning is a condition that results from eating contaminated food. It is also referred to as food-borne illness. These may attack people from any age group and lasts from few hours to several days. Food poisoning in severe case may cause chronic and fatal disease like arthritis and can attack lungs and kidneys. According to the recent studies around 76 million illness i.e. 325,000 hospitalization in the United States are caused because of food poisoning. Causes of Food Poisoning Contamination of food is the key factor that is responsible for food poisoning.... [tags: Health]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- Nurturing or poisoning. The human race has become fascinated and awe-struck by the phenomenal research and findings of the past century. From improved sanitation to prescription drugs for every cough or ache, technology makes life simpler and healthier. Humans are living longer, experiencing better health and suffering from illness and disease less. Right. On the contrary, in the United States, one in three people die of cancer, one in five suffers from mental disorders and one out of every five pregnancies result in miscarriage (Fallon, 1).... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1355 words (3.9 pages)
- Lead Poisoning Lead has the atomic symbol of Pb (for plumbum, lead in Latin). The atomic number for lead is 82 and the atomic mass is 207.19 AMU. It melts at about 327.502 °C and boils at 1740 °C. Lead is a heavy, ductile, soft, gray solid. It is soluble in nitric acid and insoluble in water. It is found in North, Central and South America, Australia, Africa and Europe (Heiserman 686). "It generally occurs in nature in the form of ores and was recovered in early times as a by-product in the smelting of silver.... [tags: Journalistic Essays]
558 words (1.6 pages)
- Sun Poisoning Sun poisoning affects 10 percent of women and three percent of men in the general population. Sun poisoning is a reaction to overexposure to the sun in areas of the skin most exposed to sunlight. Sun poisoning is a pimply, itchy eruption, which comes despite dark complexion or sunscreen protection. It is an allergy to the long waves of ultraviolet light (UVA), which ordinary sunscreens don't block, regardless of how high their SPF number is. Sunburn results when the amount of exposure to the sun or other ultraviolet light source exceeds the ability of the body's protective pigment, melanin, to protect the skin.... [tags: Papers]
365 words (1 pages)
- You know, when you eat an egg, and it doesn't taste right, look right or smell right. Well that means that it could be contaminated with a dangerous substance (Like Chelsea). Food poisoning is the result of ingesting organisms or toxins in your food. Food poisoning can affect one person, or it can occur as an outbreak among several people who all ate the same thing. Even though food poisoning is quite rare in North America, 60 to 80 million people get affected by food poisoning each year, and 6 to 8 million die from it each year.... [tags: essays research papers]
346 words (1 pages)
- Substances such as arsenic, barium, and cadmium are very widely known to be highly poisonous and fatal if they should come in contact with the human body. However, they are now open for the public to use, ingest and inhale. Now they are being made available at the local garbage dump. Because of improper disposal of electronic devices people who are homeless in search of food can easily become poisoned when searching in garbage dumps. Animals such as birds and roaming cats and dogs can also get hurt.... [tags: Environmental Issues]
1697 words (4.8 pages)