Almost every commercial you see after your favorite TV shows concerns an epidemic in America that affects adults and mostly teens: the addiction of cigarettes. The majority of American families have at least two or more family members that smoke cigarettes. But what are some of the methods that smokers use to stop their addiction? The common use is the nicotine patch or “cold turkey”, which usually doesn’t work. The use of e-cigarettes benefits better for smokers than regular cigarettes health wise, sales, and in the future.
Health wise, e-cigarettes can benefit smokers by giving them the same experience as a regular cigarette without the carcinogens and other harmful chemicals. The affects that cigarettes have on the human body can be terrifying, killing more than AIDS, several hard drugs (such as heroin and cocaine), homicide and suicide combined (“American Lung Association” 1). So having the thought of our teenagers smoking cigarettes is sickening, essentially advertising our future leaders their downfall. Furthermore, the ingre...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- E-Cigarettes: The Safer Alternative to Cigarettes Almost every commercial you see after your favorite TV shows concerns an epidemic in America that affects adults and mostly teens: the addiction of cigarettes. The majority of American families have at least two or more family members that smoke cigarettes. But what are some of the methods that smokers use to stop their addiction. The common use is the nicotine patch or “cold turkey”, which usually doesn’t work. The use of e-cigarettes benefits better for smokers than regular cigarettes health wise, sales, and in the future.... [tags: Nicotine, Tobacco, Smoking, Cigarette]
707 words (2 pages)
- From my late teens, into my mid-twenties, I was a smoker. At first, it was just recreational; however that changed fairly quickly. I began buying them and smoking regularly throughout the day. It then progressed to smoking a pack per day until it was too late. I was officially addicted. I knew it was a terrible habit and I was shamed of it and would hide it from friends and family hoping they wouldn’t find out. Finally, after coughing hacking, and repeatedly getting sick several times a year, I came to the realization that I had to quit.... [tags: Electronic Cigarettes Essays]
2416 words (6.9 pages)
- Smoking e-cigarettes are known as the slang term ‘vape’ has become a very popular ‘alternative’ to smoking since 2003 when Chinese pharmacist Hon Lik invented the device. For those who don’t know, most of these devices look either like a pen or a phony cigarette and contain an atomizer (heater) that heats up the liquid, known as ‘e-juice’ in the cartridge, to its boiling point, which turns the juice into a vapor that the user then inhales. Is it safer than smoking a cigarette. “There’s no question that a puff on an e-cigarette is less toxic than a puff on a regular cigarette, says Stanton Glantz, director of the Center for Tobacco Control Research and Education at the University of Californi... [tags: Nicotine, Tobacco, Smoking, Cigarette]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- Abstract An electronic cigarette (e-cig or e-cigarette), personal vaporizer (PV) or electronic nicotine delivery system (ENDS) is a battery-powered vaporizer that simulates the feeling of smoking. The user breathes in an aerosol, commonly referred to as vapor, rather than cigarette smoke. Limited evidence suggests e-cigarettes are safer than traditional cigarettes. People who do not already smoke can become addicted to them (Barrington-Trimis, Samet, McConnell, 2014). While Electronic Cigarettes do not contain as many chemicals as regular cigarettes and the nicotine is only a small amount compared to a pack, electronic cigarettes still prove to be dangerous just as regular cigarettes.... [tags: Nicotine, Tobacco, Smoking, Cigarette]
1787 words (5.1 pages)
- The electronic cigarette is claimed to be a healthier alternative than smoking a cigarette. The next big thing in the tobacco industry and are they safe as they claim to be. One of the claims is it will help stop all the effects of second hand smoke. The electronic cigarette has many known and un-known chemicals in them such as nicotine. The study of electronic cigarette can give us answers to the question are electronic cigarette safer than smoking cigarette. They claim to be less toxic to second hand smokers unlike tobacco cigarette, but electronic cigarette is just as toxic to the user as the cigarette is.... [tags: Cigarette, Tobacco, Electronic cigarette]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- When I was a small child I remember crawling into my great grandmother’s lap and smelling the foul smell of stale cigarettes. I remember her lighting one up and saying “don’t ever start smoking, it’s a dirty habit.” A couple years passed, I watched her begin to fade, her health was decreasing and her ability to breathe was gone. She developed lung cancer at age seventy-six and passed away a few short months after her diagnosis. After she passed away I became extremely anti-smoking, although many of my friends smoked I stayed clear for the longest time.... [tags: Smoking, Tobacco, Nicotine, Cigarette]
1658 words (4.7 pages)
- Are Electronic Cigarettes a Good Alternative for the Cessation of Smoking Tobacco. Almost everyone knows the health risks involved with smoking tobacco. Electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) give habitual smokers the most promising results of tobacco reduction or cessation. There are some that disagree with the use of e-cigarettes however; the benefits are exceptional for those looking to quit this habit. It significantly lowers their health risks related with smoking tobacco and, unlike cigarettes, it does not release any harmful toxic chemical substances.... [tags: Tobacco, Nicotine, Smoking, Tobacco smoking]
1423 words (4.1 pages)
- Since 2008, Electronic Cigarettes have become widely popular across the United States, despite the obvious health benefits the long term health effects of “smoking” electronic cigarettes are still unknown to researchers today. Electronic Cigarettes are the answer to a safer method of consuming nicotine despite its more popular tobacco products. Even though the effects of consuming large amounts of nicotine in a persons’ system is unknown, the unbanning of electronic cigarettes in Los Angeles decrease the harm second-hand smoke causes as well as the health risks associated with toxic tobacco products such as cancer.... [tags: cigarettes, smoking, nicotine, tobacco]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- Electronic cigarette use is a trend that has rapidly increased across the world. E-cigarettes are an alternative to conventional cigarettes, it delivers an aerosol vapor that contains nicotine. Electronic cigarettes are marketed to be healthier and less harmful than conventional cigarettes. According to the CDC (2015), conventional cigarette smoking kills more than 480,000 Americans each year, with more than 41,000 of these deaths from exposure to secondhand smoke. Electronic cigarettes are marketed to be healthier and also helpful in the cessation of conventional smoking, people should still be aware of what an electronic cigarette is, chemicals and substances in e-cigarettes, and efficacy... [tags: Tobacco, Nicotine, Smoking, Cigarette]
1126 words (3.2 pages)
- E-cigarettes Have you ever tried the popular e-cigarettes. What do you think of them. Most people assume that e-cigarettes are not only safe because they produce vapor without burning tobacco, but also beneficial because people who don’t want to quit smoking can have the same pleasure with less harm by using e-cigarettes as alternatives for tobacco. Even though e-cigarettes are less harmful than traditional cigarettes, smokers consume more e-cigarettes in the long run because of the concept of e-cigarettes being less harmful.... [tags: Nicotine, Tobacco, Cigarette, Smoking]
1370 words (3.9 pages)