Cigarette smoking dates back to the early 19th century in Central America. The cigarettes were in the form of reeds and smoking tubes. People like the Mayas and the Aztecs could smoke during religious rituals. Among the Mexicans, Caribbean and the Central and Southern Americans smoking was in the form of cigarette and the cigar. Different plant wrappers were used in the Central and Southern America to roll the cigarette while in Spain they used maize wrappers. Cigarette is believed to have reached France in 1830 and this is where it gained the name cigarette. It is only after the Crimean War that the use of tobacco cigarette gained populace in the English speaking nations. Generally, widespread cigarette smoking could largely be credited to the 20th century in the Western world.
Most recently, a new form of a cigarette has been introduced to the market. The electronic cigarette or the e-cigarette is a new sensation form of a cigarette. E-cigarette is an electrical device that produces an inhaled mist which excites the tobacco smoking act. E-cigarette has the physical sensation, outlook, and the flavor of a tobacco cigarette. The nicotine content is also believed to equal that of a tobacco cigarette. In order to va...
... middle of paper ...
...ness operations to monitor and identify any business opportunities and threats in the market. For any business sustainability, it is crucial to sustain and maintain with the market strategies of the competitors (Contreras). Electronic cigarette has several competitors in the form of tobacco and other forms of cigarettes. The market is limited and achieving a sizeable market niche should be a driving force. This is only possible through an aggressive and up-to-date market research analysis.
Contreras Ryan, Educational Transfer Plan. Creating and Implementing a Marketing Plan.
Available at: http://iisme.org/etp/HS%20Marketing-Marketing%20Plan.pdf
eHow.com, (2011). How to Evaluate a Marketing Plan. University of Liverpool. Available at:
emotionsoftware. Marketing Plan Appendix ,article.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Profits in the vaping industry have gone through the roof. It 's one of the fastest growing startups of the moment. Vape shop owners are reporting staggering profits, and the industry seems to continue expanding. Estimates in sales for the vaping industry should tap out at $3.5 billion for 2015, up from only $1.7 billion in 2013. Out of that $3.5 billion, $2 billion is from sales generated from vape shops and e-liquid sales. The remaining $1.5 billion is from e-cigarettes. Industry growth is hardly surprising.... [tags: Tobacco, Nicotine, Cigarette]
1034 words (3 pages)
- Tobacco Advertising ban in India Government involvement in personal decisions in life has frequently been a hot button topic. What role does the government have in personal decisions and at what point have they crossed the line of personal liberties. Here we will analyze a case study in India over the implications of government involvement in the advertising of tobacco. In February 2001, India announced a bill that would ban Tobacco companies from advertising and sponsoring sporting events. This decision was immediately met with dissension.... [tags: Cigarette, Tobacco, Tobacco advertising, Nicotine]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- The first thing I plan to do is summarize the arguments in favor of the ban on tobacco advertising by the government of India. It is stated that this ban is already something that goes on in other countries. The article states in the section titled Ayes’, countries like france, finland, and norway had already imposed similar bans. And does the government not have a right to implement this ban$ The ban on cocaine globe wide is used as one of the leading examples in the article.not just is cocaine mentioned, but the Ayes’ speak of bans on ads for other dangerous products that remained in the market, such as firearms and many (pharmaceuticals.... [tags: Cigarette, Tobacco, Tobacco advertising]
979 words (2.8 pages)
- Tobacco advertising bans have become commonplace in developed nations but are less prevalent in developing countries. The importance of advertising bans as part of comprehensive tobacco control strategies has been emphasized by the Framework Convention on Tobacco Control which calls for comprehensive bans on tobacco advertising. The empirical literature suggests that comprehensive advertising bans have played a role in reducing consumption in developed countries but that limited policies have not.... [tags: Tobacco advertising, Tobacco, Cigarette]
1215 words (3.5 pages)
- Businesses utilize strategies and implement them through the execution of a plan. With marketing becoming more complex due to the increased competitiveness of business it is essential to be organized in executing a particular marketing strategy therefore marketing plans have become important. With marketing plans playing a crucial role in business’s success it is important to have a fundamental understanding of it and how to develop your own if required. To begin the process you have to comprehend the reasons why a marketing plan I beneficial to any business and establish a purpose or “end goal” for the marketing plan.... [tags: Marketing, Management, Marketing plan, Advertising]
1395 words (4 pages)
- Introduction In any business organization marketing is one of the dominant parts that integrates and link up all the business matters. Every business organization has a business strategy which draws up the all business activities which are going to be implemented but the marketing plan works as guideline to execute the business plan. Marketing plan refers to the clarification of the customer value, value pricing, placing the value, and promoting the value to the customers accordingly (Kotler, 1986).... [tags: Marketing, Management, Marketing plan]
980 words (2.8 pages)
- This paper will detail a strategic marketing plan for a new product that is ready to “go to market”. A strategic marketing plan is important when presenting a new product or service because it ensures that the maximum amount of profit can be obtained for the product. A good strategic marketing plan provides focus and helps to pinpoint opportunities. A strategic marketing plan incorporates an executive summary, target marketing, place, product, pricing and promotional strategies, and a distribution plan.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing plan, Hairdressing]
2276 words (6.5 pages)
- A marketing plan is a comprehensive outline of the organization overall performance and success whose main aim is to provide business solutions by creating awareness to the customers expected. A Market plan can be operated under two different categories which involves strategic planning and tactical planning. Strategic planning involves the process of the organization creating its direction and making decisions that either affects the consumer directly or indirectly. Tactical planning involves taking of the organization strategic plans and creates short term actions to be met.... [tags: Marketing, Sales, Marketing plan]
1057 words (3 pages)
- University Hospital is located in Augusta-Richmond Country region. They help ensure their patients will have quality medical services. They have a main hospital, Heart and Vascular Institute, treatment centers, and private practice physicians. They also have a secondary smaller site located in McDuffie County. University knows your health care doesn’t end at the door to the hospital. They recognize the need to serve the community closer to home. Marketing has a huge impact for University Hospital.... [tags: Marketing, Marketing plan, Marketing strategy]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- Marketing Plan Introduction. I have been commissioned by the manager of Scottish lemonade ltd as a marketing consultant to conduct research into their product range and markets and report back to him on the findings. Due to the lack of their marketing expertise they requested a report to include any ideas and suggestions as to how the research can help the company expand its sales in the future. Scottish lemonade ltd also require me as a marketing consultant to help them develop their existing products, expand into future markets and advise on the creation of new product ranges for the company.... [tags: Business marketing Plan Development]
993 words (2.8 pages)