Australia has among the highest levels of computer literacy globally with statistics showing 94% of the Australia population has access to high speed internet. 79% of these people access the internet on a daily basis while staggering 60% will access the internet on multiple occasions daily or throughout the entire working day. With this easy access to the internet, ecommerce has also registered a huge boom in recent years raising from 27 Billion to 40 Billion in sales between 2010 and 2014. This constitutes to an income increase of just over 3 Billion dollars in revenue each year which is staggering amount of revenue for Australian businesses to tape in to. Australians are increasing choosing to shop online due to the cheaper products available online as well as the convenience of shopping online. Online shopping has resulted in increasing in demand since the consumer is capable of searching for products online placing orders and waiting for door step delivery which reduces effort, energy and cost linked to shopping. This also allows the Australian consumer to concentrate more on finance generation which results in delivering a very attractive circumstance for the consumer and ecommerce solutions.
Mapping Ecommerce Growth in Australia between 2010 and 2014
Australian consumers have been noted to be among the most active online shoppers and this is due to a high computer and internet literacy rate. This has resulted in the nation also adopting ecommerce solutions aggressively with Australia registering some of the largest ecommerce sales on an annual basis. Between 2010 and 2014 Australia registered a 13 Billion dollar increase in sales rising from 27 billion for 40 billion. This res...
... middle of paper ...
...ts which would allow them to identify a specific product or service they require thus delivering more satisfaction to the consumer. Local shops will usually stock only popular and fast moving products based on the popular colours, sizes, shapes and materials while online stores offer a wider verity of product and service specifications.
Put together the above factors have contributed immensely towards the increasing popularity and growth of ecommerce in Australia where more consumers are opting to shop online. With consumers now capable of getting the specific products they require at lower cost and have it delivered to their door step, they are capable of concentrating more on the professional career. This is also an important factor linked to improving an individual’s career since it allows them to target securing specific products and services with minimal effort.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Persuasive speech Outline Title: Computer Literacy Specific Purpose: make my audience aspire to be more computer literate. Preview of Main Points: what is computer literacy, how it affects you, and finally what you can do to benefit. Introduction (Attention Getter) Who here believes they know about computers. Well I am sure that with only the exception of a select few in this building most of you could not even tell me what processor is inside your computer, much less be able to repair your computer after a small virus attack.... [tags: Literacy, Multimedia literacy, Computer literacy]
1051 words (3 pages)
- These days being computer literate is more important than it ever has been in the last few years that computers have been around. Almost everything is becoming computer reliant and there are several businesses that have embraced technology. Computer literacy isn’t something that you can easily escape, and honestly you shouldn’t try to. Humans are all about adapting and computers are just one more thing we all have to learn to adapt to. Unfortunately, everyone doesn’t understand that so it’s vital to understand the importance of being computer literate.... [tags: Literacy, Multimedia literacy, Computer literacy]
1120 words (3.2 pages)
- Computer Technology In Literacy Education Technologies have dramatically changed the diverse fields of our lives in terms of business, education, and culture. This development of technology has influenced a shift in the educational environment and pedagogy from traditional language education to technological language education, such as Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL) and Computer Mediated Communication (CMC). Especially, a few decades ago, Literacy education had not applied educational technology in language pedagogy because the earlier popular teaching methods focused on direct instruction.... [tags: Education, Educational psychology]
1216 words (3.5 pages)
- The main objective of this paper is to bring about the awareness of Information Literacy by highlighting its need and how important it is for lifelong learning. The information is this paper was gathered from the EbscoHost database, Google Books, and articles from the internet. The researcher discovered that many students lacked the knowledge of information literacy, and they were also unable to turn in good research papers. In addition, people outside the school system would not able to advance in their career because they didn’t know how to evaluate sources outside the school system.... [tags: Literacy, Information literacy, Knowledge]
2190 words (6.3 pages)
- Being literate defines who I am, and forms an integral part of my life. From the practical to the creative, it aids, and enables me to perform in the tasks that modern society dictates. I shall explore the many aspects of my life that are affected by literacy. Through this, understanding in greater depth what it means for me, to be literate. I would not be writing this essay if were not for the pathways being literate has opened. Every year of my life, marks a year of accomplishment in literacy.... [tags: Writing, Literacy, Reading, Information literacy]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Australia is a very diverse country; it is comprised of different groups of people from various economic status and social background. Due to this diversity, opportunities and educational attainment differ from people to people as social and cultural factors continue to contribute disadvantage to less fortune students and advantages for the more fortunate. It has been recognized that whilst inequality exists within the educational system, it can be addressed by distinguishing the role the school plays in creating the inequality.... [tags: Education, School, Teacher, Social status]
1454 words (4.2 pages)
- 1.0 – Introduction: The chapter begins with a brief introduction to the coming of age of the computer network – which is a collection of autonomous computers interconnected by a single technology. It also details how each of the last few centuries has been dominated mainly by the introduction of a single new technology. Overall, it specifies what this book will entail, networking information, while mentioning several high-level topics we will go over – much like the World Wide Web. 1.1 – Uses of Computer Networks: Section 1.1 provides us with a fairly broad look at the current and potential uses for computer networks.... [tags: Computer network, Local area network]
1001 words (2.9 pages)
- It is essential that teachers of literacy set strong foundations for learners. To teach literacy effectively, teachers are required to have a deep understanding of what underpins this broad topic. There is significant substance at the core of literacy. Literacy does not simply mean having the ability to read and write. Being literate in today’s society also includes a collection of skills such as viewing, listening, thinking, speaking and how these collection of skills are put together to achieve diverse and complex tasks, including to understand the world around us (Annandale, Bindon, Handley, Johnston, Lockett, and Lynch, 2003).... [tags: Literacy Essays]
553 words (1.6 pages)
- Executive Summary SGM PC Depot is a start-up company that is designed to offer computer products and other gadgets. SGM PC Depot allows businesses and individuals to be informed of the latest trend in technology and grab it in the most accessible way through the internet. With SGM PC Depot, you can choose and shop a wide variety of computers, laptops, and gadgets at all times and you have 24-hour access to us. Customers can avail our products and our service by subscribing to our server on the internet.... [tags: Business Plans]
1537 words (4.4 pages)
- Rita Mae Brown describes literacy as, "a social contract, an agreed upon representation of certain symbols" (420). If the symbol's (letters) meanings are not agreed upon by those attempting to communicate, then interpreting one another becomes difficult. Simply stated, literacy is very important. Society has proven time and time again, it will reward those individuals who are competent and impede those who are not, whether expressed in terms of employment opportunities (job success) or just on a social level.... [tags: Literacy Essays]
990 words (2.8 pages)
- The Periodic Table Is What All Of The 118 Elements Are Organized On Increasing Atomic Number
- Nationalism And The American Revolutionary Era
- What Is Human Resource Management?
- Comparative Analysis Of Mcdonald 's The Largest Global Fast Food Company
- Analysis Of Rosa 's ' Rosa '
- Why The Rich Are Getting Richer And The Poor, Poorer