I chose this framework because each gender diverse individual is unique in their own way in relation to where they are in their personal journey of self-concept, gender identity, and transition. They also have a unique relationship within their family or “Nurturing Environment,” and their relationship with their outside world, or “Sustaining Environment.” Sometimes there may be issues of tension and goodness of fit with one or both of their environments (Nimmagadda, 2015). Adding to this tension could be experiences of rejection, isolation, and denial. Supports and acceptance may not always come from the immediate family but from the outside or “Sustaining Enviro...
... middle of paper ...
...he tool could help to clarify the clinical problems that Gilda may be experiencing from her own point of view and could assist in identifying the role of her cultural identity which could help to alleviate or add to the problem (APA, 2013, p. 753). Outcomes of the interview could then be evaluated to help the client and provider to gain a better understanding of the client’s cultural identity and to help assist in further treatment planning.
Finally, it is important for a social worker to consider the many aspects of culture, diversity and individual experiences. This paper has presented concepts, skills, conceptual frameworks and examples to be contemplated when working with gender diverse individuals. I look forward to the opportunity to learn more about the connections between diversity, policy and ethics as I continue to explore working with this population.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Dual Perspectives of Driving a Car Do you remember when you were little and you could not wait until you hit sixteen so you could go and get your driving permit. I remember waiting until that special day so I could go down to the DMV to take my test to get my drivers permit. My stomach had butterflies floating all around inside it. I remembered they called my name, and then I had to go up to the front and take a test. I went and turned in the test, and was so nervously watching to see how many red checks they would make on my test.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
906 words (2.6 pages)
- The theoretical framework in a research relates to the philosophical basis in which the research is executed. It also forms the link between the theoretical aspect of the research and the practical aspect of the investigation. Merten (1998) stated that it “has implications for every decision made in the research process” (p.3). Therefore, the starting point to any research proposal is to identify the methodologies (methods that can be used in the project and as well justify their choice (Crotty, 1998).... [tags: Scientific method, Theory, Sociology]
1713 words (4.9 pages)
- “Current Perspectives on Dual-Career Families” In the essay entitled “Current Perspectives on Dual-Career Families” written by Lucia Albino Gilbert. It talks about how the children of dual-career families are effect and the gender roles are change in a dual-career family. In a dual-career family, both the mother and the father work full time jobs. In this case study it showed the children of dual-career families are the same in other school aged children that come from a “traditional” family setting.... [tags: essays research papers]
339 words (1 pages)
- their peers but are more likely to drop out of high school. This failure to complete high school may be due to the greater difficulties for low achieving students in passing their dual credit courses. The authors also indicate that the lower percentage of students attending four year institutions immediately after graduating may be due to those students seeking to complete the two year degrees that they have already started. The authors suggest that differences between their results and previous studies can be attributed to this studies more detailed data set that combined high school and university records for Washington State and National Student Clearinghouse records for postsecondary stu... [tags: High school, University, College, Dual enrollment]
1525 words (4.4 pages)
Dual Immersion Program Is Proven Effective For Overall Student Achievement And Long Term Success Beyond The Classroom
- Dual Immersion programs have proven effective for overall student achievement and long-term success beyond the classroom. Research shows the ongoing benefits as the Dual Immersion program continues to expand across the nation. The purpose of this paper is to provide the reader with a basic understanding of the dual immersion framework, share the benefits of overall student achievement and explain the advantages for students beyond the classroom. School districts across the nation continue to enroll an increased number of diverse students each year.... [tags: English language, Second language, Dual language]
1662 words (4.7 pages)
- Most everyone was raised in a family that had two working parents. Even now most married adults are working couples. According to a survey, “the percentage of dual-income families has increased sharply over the past 30 years.” As more and more female enter the work force more single family careers are turning into two-career families. In this economy can a family actually afford not to have both adults working. Whether it’s for money, wanting to seek a goal or just to benefit your family, the dual-career family has taken place of the single career family.... [tags: Social Issues, Family, Dual Income]
509 words (1.5 pages)
- An anthropological perspective to medicine is necessary in this day and age because our world is becoming metaphorically smaller due to globalization. Therefore, it would be advantageous to all people if we created a more globally integrated approach to medicine. By asking the right questions, such as how does medical terminology vary across cultures; in what ways do cultures differ in how they treat illnesses; and what illnesses are globally recognized, etc. will help us integrate culture within a medical framework.... [tags: Medicine, Culture, Anthropology, Health care]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- Transition from Traditional Career Households to Dual Career Households has reflected immense roping between requirements of Work and Family. This struggle to juggle has intensified the Work Conflicts and requires spouses to be more understanding and participative in child/elder care centred activities. At the same time, it is pressing for Family Friendliness Employers. It is realized that a balance between work and family life can only be promised via an integration of FWTAs. An attempt is made to shed light on Work Conflict, Family Conflict, Work-Family Conflict, Quality of Work Life, Quality of Family Life, Work life Balance and Life Satisfaction.... [tags: employment, workforce, dual career, working mom]
1383 words (4 pages)
- Structured English Immersion. The framework for an English only program can differ from program to program but most importantly the instruction is given only in English unlike the Bilingual programs. The goal of this program is for students to become fluent and literate in English with no real emphasis on their home language. One type of English Only program is called Sheltered English Immersion. This type of program consists of the use of instructional strategies that are created especially for the educational needs of ELLs (Hansen-Thomas, 2008).... [tags: Linguistics, Language acquisition]
1412 words (4 pages)
- Perspectives of Psychology Psychology can be defined as the systematic study of mental processes, couple with behaviors, and experiences (Kalat, 2011). There are many ways in examining, mental processes and behaviors among people, and therefore psychologist uses different perspectives to understand how human beings, think, act, and behave. Some psychologist uses one perspective to analyze behaviors, and other uses a multidimensional approach. Carter & Seifert (2013) identified 7 major perspectives that are used to study people’s behavior, and mental processes.... [tags: cognitive, biological perspective]
1154 words (3.3 pages)