Tarek came with their food and without looking at them, he said mechanically.” I hope everything is ok with the food. It is hot, so be careful. Let me know if you guys need anything else.” And he left without looking at them.
Kent and Rain were quiet, looking puzzled at each other for a couple of minutes and Kent busted out laughing.
“Don’t say a word, please!”
“My lips are sealed!” And now that they were done with item one, he can engage on item two.
“Rain, you said something about dreams. Would you like to share anything with me?”
“Hummm… The dreams… It is not a big deal, really… Don’t worry about it”
“Keep one thing in mind, Rain… Whatever concerns you, I want to know…”
“I know …. And the same here with you, Kent…”
“Yeah, but it is not me who is having dreams…” He said unmoved in his resolution to know about her dreams.
“Oh well…Here it goes… I usually dream about a white ginormous tiger and a light gray big wolf… There is also a mirror and when I look to my image I see the pupils of my eyes are completely white, which totally freaks me out! Can you imagine? My eyes having white pupils? Isn’t that crazy?” Rain blurted out talking without stopping and Kent interrupted her.
“Rain, you are not making sense at all…Can you please start from the beginning?”
“Oh, sorry…Yeah…Sure… Uh… Really Kent, it is nothing important…It is just a stupid dream.” No, not stupid, since there is a hot-gorgeous man showing up lately in her dreams… But she will omit this particular detail from Kent…TMI anyways…
Oh Gosh, she was getting wet only thinking about him, his earthly smell, his raspy deep and masculine voice…. No, no, no, naughty girl… You are not going there…Definitely not going there… She shifted uncomfortable in her sit.
... middle of paper ...
... the Pure. But she is long gone. Sorry to inform you that.” Kent grinded his teeth with the mention of Celine’s name. He really need to keep his cool with this witch for now. Later he can throttle her later.
“What is so special about this friend of yours?”
And wasn’t she astute as a being from the Falcon lineage could be?
“She is…my friend.”
“A friend? A guardian’s friend? Hummmm…. And are you requesting any differentiated treatment for this protégé of yours?”
Ah…Canny little witch…No wonder she had drove Fenry crazy.
“No special treatment. And she is not my protégé, Tarah. Just interview the girl, see if she can be of use for your coven and guide her through her transition.”
“Well…For a guardian calls a witch after this much long to kindly ask for something, it is because this something must be worthwhile of at least to check it out. What is her name again?”
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The human brain is capable of handling and performing even the most detailed tasks. Although scientists can’t fully and clearly explain what that the definition of dreaming is, observing, testing, and performing different practices, has given experts and scientists enough information to have a general idea of what is going on in the human brain while in this dream state. It is a way to travel into time or into a place that could never exist. Dreams can be a gateway to see your future, to what lies ahead or a way to look back on memories.... [tags: science of dreams]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- Since the beginning of time, people have been trying to understand the different functions of the human body, how we move, talk, act, and for the most part many of these physiological behaviors have been explained on some level. However, one area of the human body that has had researchers and scientist confused for a long time is the mind. Many things go on inside the mind that don’t make sense and so far have no tangible explanation of why it occurs and how. One of the most fascinating and mysterious sections of psychology is that of dreaming.... [tags: dreams, psychology,]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- Why would a country spend enormous amounts of money and place military lives on the line to fight against communism; and then that same country would begin to implement programs and legislation within their own country that would ultimately lead to a governing body comparable to communism. This question is complex; yet the answer is revealed when the United States of America finds itself in this exact situation. Government expansion into the lives of American citizens is consistent with the common principles underlying communism and socialism—the very principles the United States of America was fighting against in the Cold War.... [tags: U.S. Government ]
1572 words (4.5 pages)
- What is a man, but, pieces of limbs made into a body and a mind, full of thoughts, beliefs, and dreams - dreams that urges one to try and convinces one to live. What if the dream, the reason to live, leads one to a futile life. In the Death of a Salesman, by playwright Arthur Miller, Willy the main character slowly dies as his dreams demise. In this play, one can discern how people surrounding Willy influenced his dreams and how his dreams influenced himself and his sons’ lives. This is best exemplified by the influence he received from his father, a famous salesman and his wife, who all aided in constructing his life to the wrong dreams and principles, and consequently destructing his sons’... [tags: willy, dreams, death]
836 words (2.4 pages)
- Phil Alden Robinson's Field of Dreams Was Ray Kinsella a triumphant hero who dared to live his dreams, or merely an insane lunatic who blindly followed voices that could only be heard within the confines of his mind. Although either of these theories could be argued successfully, the idea that this intrepid man was indeed a hero is supported by a list of characteristics that generally indicate a classical hero. In the movie, Field of Dreams, Ray Kinsella was introduced to the viewers as an ordinary man, living an ordinary life, in an ordinary town.... [tags: Film Movies Field Dreams Essays]
1074 words (3.1 pages)
- Are dreams a source of reliable divination. Generations upon generations seem to have thought so. They incubated dreams by travelling afar, by fasting and by engaging in all other manners of self deprivation or intoxication. With the exception of this highly dubious role, dreams do seem to have three important functions: a. To process repressed emotions (wishes, in Freud's speech) and other mental content which was suppressed and stored in the unconscious. b. To order, classify and, generally, to pigeonhole conscious experiences of the day or days preceding the dreaming ("day residues").... [tags: essays research papers]
2841 words (8.1 pages)
- Exploring dreams can play a part in evaluating whether the reality of ones life influences their dream. Freud suggests that dreams can “reveal a great deal about the unconscious mind” (476). Also, Freud believes that the bond one makes with their parents can greatly affect the development between childhood and adulthood. In the way that a child is raised or the lifestyle of the parent, one can be affected in a positive or negative way in one’s development. Furthermore, one evaluating what may be happening in their subconscious may also help them figure out the cause of a dream.... [tags: Psychology]
739 words (2.1 pages)
- Dreams have long exercised a fascination over the human imagination. Many people have questions about them. Dreams over time have captured the interest of many. They have continued to intrigue the simplest of people because of their meaning, their occurrences and their different styles and patterns. One of the most common questions that come up about dreams is how they occur. The theory of REM explains this. REM stands for Rapid Eye Movement. Dreaming is simply the early stage of sleeping. It takes place during REM, using a portion of the brain called pons, which generates signals to the brain (Lewis 3).... [tags: Papers]
904 words (2.6 pages)
- Dreams After I wake up I quickly come to a reality check. Realizing that I will have a white collard job. Working through the ranks from the bottom up to reach a reasonable goal. I will have diplomas and achievements, but I doubt if I will manage a billion dollar company. In my reality working hard is part of every day life. Working hard every day feeling that I am underpaid is reality. In my dream like state again I see myself always happy. Never stressed out with the days problems or worries.... [tags: essays research papers]
630 words (1.8 pages)
- Dreams The sunlight flooded the runway and the grass was the colour of emeralds: "It looks nice, much Better than everyone said England would be. No torrential rain, and no ugly grey skies. What a blessing, the sun has come out for me!" Louisa thought to herself as she stared excitedly out of the aeroplane window and she smiled a warm smile to the seat in front of her, and then looked up at the red seatbelt sign above her head. The writing made no sense to her, but she could understand the picture.... [tags: Papers]
3004 words (8.6 pages)