We have achieved a lot in economic empowerment, leadership and opportunities. A Black president now rules over America following a massive campaign in 2008 and change of attitude towards Blacks (Demby, 4). This partly indicates that blacks and whites get along pretty well. The fact that he was elected on a majority vote is a sure indication that both Whites and Blacks voted him; hence, people no longer vote along racial lines. The president through the help of other senators has assented to Affordable Care Act (2010) that covers 32 million uninsured Americans beginning 2014. Healthcare reform will reduce America’s long-term financial problems. America has witnessed signing of $787 billion that goes towards spurring economic growth amid recession "according to the Economic Policy
Institute; indeed, the black unemployment rate over the last half-century — 11.6 percent — suggests that black America is operating in a permanent economic recession. And since 1963, the average rate of black unemployment has hovered at more than twice the unemployment for whites. (During the recent recession, black unemployment crept up to nearly 15 percent.) (Demby, 3). After the stimulus was effected, unemployment claims began to reduce. The...
... middle of paper ...
...tunities in not only freedom but also employment. To ensure we have equal opportunities, we must ensure that our children have equal exposure in education. This will make them competitive against each other hence in job application, employers will be looking for knowledge and not names. Finally, I know we are on track to realizing your dream where America will have freedom ringing “from every city and helmet” but we have to work extra hard to achieve (King, 3). I know wherever you are resting and watching over us, you are pleased with the far we have gone. I wish to commit to amplifying your work. I will work objectively to stir freedom for our great nation. Long live America and Long live American Dream.
King Luther, Martin. "I Have a Dream." Sep 15, 2013.
Demby Gene. “What the Match on Washington Called for, and What we Got” 2013. Sep 15
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Dreams Do Come True In sixth grade I remember when Mrs. Applewood made us write down one goal that we wanted to achieve. I quickly placed my freshly sharpened number 2 pencil on the blank, white sheet of paper and wrote down five, simple words- to be a state champion. As a little girl I had a lot of wants and dreams. I wanted my daddy to coach my sixth grade team, I wanted to win a state championship, and I dreamed of playing college basketball somewhere. I was 12 years old when my daddy, Sean, coached myself and six other determined, dedicated girls to a Little League National Championship.... [tags: college basketball career]
1103 words (3.2 pages)
- Another rainy day here in this town. Looks like it resembles the way that I am feeling inside.After that awful day, I dare to remember, we had seen nothing but rain. Sometimes I feel that outside is not raining at all but my eyes full of tears make it look like this. I have heard people say after every rain there comes a rainbow. I wonder when my rainbow is going to show up and shine. I honestly hope that all this is a nightmare and as soon as somebody will wake me up everything will go back to the way it was before.... [tags: short story]
2663 words (7.6 pages)
- Many people have dreams. Not everyone gets to achieve their dreams. Those who do, though, have their ways of doing it. Joe Slowinski was a determined herpetologist that started at an early age. He and his family took a trip to Kyoko, Japan where he would spend all day looking for interesting creatures to bring home or creatures that just interested him in general. He was interested in the koi ponds in particular. He saw one, and his "go get 'em" attitude would stop at nothing until he did.... [tags: devotion, inspiration, communities]
931 words (2.7 pages)
- Disney, Where (Animal) Dreams Come True. The Shelter Project’s newest advertisement “Disney Palace Pets” has looked to grab the attention of those in the market to adopt a pet by using everyone’s favorite Disney Princesses. The inviting advertisement also hopes that it will lead people’s attention into making their shelters the first place one would go if they were looking to adopt a cat or dog. The video incorporates Cinderella, Tiana, Belle, and Ariel to display a message that through adoption not only will you find beauty where you never thought you would, but you will also find a pet that will suit your family perfectly.... [tags: Disney Princess, The Princess and the Frog, Dog]
1172 words (3.3 pages)
- I am happy to inform you that America is witnessing a dream come true. Your inspiring speech on 28 August 1963 has remained dear at our hearts and inspired us to work hard to realize it. It is approximately fifty years ago when you and another quarter million people matched to the national museum in Washington, when you shared the dream of America. We commemorate your words that have shaped the future of America. I am pleased to bring you up to speed of the events and achievements America has witnessed.... [tags: Fair Minimum Wage, I Have a Dream, racism]
1526 words (4.4 pages)
- Making Dreams Come True “What do you want to be when you grow up,” asked the second grade teacher. Little boys and girls raised their hands with enthusiasm and responded with, “ballerina, football player, princess, race car driver” as the teacher wrote the dreams on the board. One little girl in the middle of the room had different dreams: she said, “I want to be a teacher when I grow up!” I was that little girl. When I was eight years old, I realized what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.... [tags: Teaching Education Careers Teachers Essays]
1541 words (4.4 pages)
- Dreams Do Come True Dreams do come true. Everyone in their life has a dream or two or three. Finding the way to achieve your dreams, goals, and aspirations is an epic journey on its own. It takes discipline, determination, and self -exploration. This is the tale of the journey I am still currently on. As a child I always wanted to be in the spotlight. I was always the ham in family pictures, the one who had to excel past my brother, and be in the know of everything. When I was about twelve years old, I realized that entertaining people was what I was all about.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
982 words (2.8 pages)
- Dreams Can Come True “I think my passion for [flying] started when I was in high school”, Gary Chambers told me as I sat down in his beautiful home in the hills of Serrano, a very upscale, gated community in El Dorado Hills, California. He was wearing a tropical shirt and bahama shorts with a pair of Teva sandals on his feet. He offered me a soda and then sat down across from me. We were sitting in matching black leather love seats with a tan and gray granite coffee table separating us. Despite the fact that he agreed to the interview and seemed eager to talk to me, he seemed uncomfortable during our conversation.... [tags: essays research papers]
1346 words (3.8 pages)
- “Dreams may not always come true, but they make life worthwhile.” Dreams are a part of everybody’s life, this term dream is widely used to express mental images of something we may want, or something we whish we where. Dreams usually are seen as false, or just a child’s thing however this is seen mainly as the dreams conflict with reality. Many films of the post-modernism era can be seen that you would have the stereotypical way of someone wishing for something and it comes true. Even so Dreams are worthwhile and this will be shown below: In the book looking for Alibrandi we see a typical year 12, student whom has never seen her father in her life and has always had the life long dream of... [tags: essays research papers]
818 words (2.3 pages)
- “Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness…” are the famous words every American hears throughout their lifetime. These words are part of America’s history through the Declaration of Independence, America is the only country where the “pursuit of happiness” is actually guaranteed in writing. What exactly are the “pursuit of happiness,” and the “American Dream?” As defined by most writers, such as Hemmingway, it’s becoming rich young and having the opportunity and will to do what you please with your wealth.... [tags: Essays on the American Dream]
512 words (1.5 pages)