There are multi-factorial scenarios, which have an impact on the marketing strategies for a brand. In case of off-brands, it becomes critical for the organization to closely monitor the market environment and develop a marketing strategy that helps the off-brand to compete with established national and international brands. In this report, marketing strategy for Dr. Thunder is presented which would help the brand to acclaim nationwide promotion. Dr. Thunder is a soft drink brand offered by Wal-Mart in its stores. As the brand is cheap therefore there are less number of factors to be considered by customers at the time of purchase. In this sense, Dr. Thunder can be asserted as being a low-involvement brand. There have been no major advertising campaigns run by Wal-Mart to market Dr. Thunder as a brand. For this reason, the recommended marketing strategy is a newly developed. The reason behind developing a new marketing strategy for Dr. Thunder is to highlight the subliminal attraction of the brand, as the brand name is similar to internationally popular Dr. Pepper.
Market Size, Performance and Growth
From the review of U.S Census on the size of the market segment to which the marketing campaign of Dr. Thunder would target, it has been found that the marketing campaign would target around 3 million Americans. Over the past 10 years, it has been noticed that the target market segment has grown for about 7.7% (United States Census Bureau, 2013). Moreover, the target segment would expand by another 8.9% in the coming ten years. Upon understanding the dynamics of soft drink industry in USA, it is found that the following three factors have an impact on the consumer behavior of this industry:
... middle of paper ...
...establish it as a national brand, but also strengthen the corporate image and market presence of Wal-Mart as a parent brand of Dr. Thunder.
Kotabe, M., & Helsen, K. (1998). Global marketing management. Temple University. New York: John Wiley & Sons.
Mise, J. K., Nair, C., Odera, O., & Ogutu, M. (2013). Determinants of Brand Loyalty and Product Quality of Soft Drink Consumers. Asian Journal of Business and Management , 1 (1\), 8-13.
Saha, G. C., & Theingi. (2009). Service quality, satisfaction, and behavioural intentions: A study of low-cost airline carriers in Thailand. Managing Service Quality , 19 (3), 350-372.
United States Census Bureau. (2013, July 1). 2012 National Population Projections: Summary Tables. Retrieved November 24, 2013, from www.census.gov: http://www.census.gov/population/projections/data/national/2012/summarytables.html
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Fallacious reasoning is the act of forming strong one sided opinions based on one’s perceptions in regards to marketing. Sometimes the reasoning can present a strong message; such as that from a dogmatic viewpoint where only one true choice exist within the mind of the observer. Though not always disagreeable such as the fallacious reasoning dogmatism; fallacious reasoning is used a lot in today’s advertising to influence people in society’s thinking, social atmospheres, and outlooks. The vessels used to reach these unknowing test subjects are viewers are promoted through media networks, or popular culture icons.... [tags: Advertising ]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- The case that was provided in the Stanwick textbook provided information on the Madoff Ponzi scheme which is said to be the largest of Ponzi schemes in the world. This case was a very interesting case. It showed how Bernard Madoffs massive falsehood created disaster for around 13,600 clients. The impact from Madoff did not end with his clients being impacted but also people far and in between. Madoffs Ponzi scheme was controlled through his company that consisted of his family being the head of the company, friends, and employees.... [tags: Bernard Madoff, Ponzi scheme]
857 words (2.4 pages)
- Does a flash at night makes you shut your eyes and cover your ears. I do. I remember a night of restless sleep, with huge a thunderstorm roaring from outside and I was lying on bed with a fever. It was cold, and because of the voice of thunder I couldn’t stay calm. I was scared and as I tried to peek at the window, an intense lightning bolt flashed, and a clash of thunder followed by. I was horrified and felt something humongous must produce thunder like he is mad. Throughout history, many stories and myth serve a common goal to the listeners.... [tags: Native Indians, thunder, eagle, supestition]
1492 words (4.3 pages)
- Madoff’s Scheme “The Whole Government is a Ponzi Scheme” is a quote by Bernard “Bernie” Madoff who was said to have ran the largest Ponzi Scheme in the U.S. Madoff was 71 years old when he was caught for running a Ponzi Scheme. He ran a family business and through that he ran his Ponzi Scheme. He told no one until 10 years after his family business took off. Madoff’s was quite successful in his life, before he made his mistake. His Ponzi Scheme hurt many people who invested in the company, not knowing that it was a swindle all along.... [tags: Ponzi scheme, Bernard Madoff, Charles Ponzi]
1867 words (5.3 pages)
- Imagine a time when you were reading a magazine and stumbled upon an advertisement that influenced you to go out and purchase that particular product. This proves as the typical goal of marketing companies since persuasion of consumers inevitably leads to a higher profit. Likewise, advertising agencies use various different approaches in marketing their products. This approach can be exemplified by drawing comparisons from two different advertisements, Schick and Wrangler. Schick’s advertisement contains qualities that are effective and promote their product in a manner that persuades consumers, where the Wrangler ad lacks many of these qualities.... [tags: Brand, Marketing, Advertising, Graphic design]
818 words (2.3 pages)
- In overtime, behind and with little time on the clock Oklahoma City’s Russell Westbrook sinks an off balanced three and pushes the Thunder past the Golden State Warriors 113-112. This happened on November 29th, 2013 but 9 years prior this was all a dream of the people in Oklahoma City. It all started on August 29, 2005 when hurricane Katrina released hell on New Orleans. Most of New Orleans was destroyed by flood waters. This caused the New Orleans Hornets to temporarily relocate to Oklahoma City.... [tags: Oklahoma City Thunder]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- There are significant number of countries where there is carbon emissions trading scheme. Like Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, United Kingdom and some many more. China has launched its first carbon emission trading scheme. Providing a market incentive to control pollution, companies which exceed their quota of carbon emissions can buy unused allocations from others- as per the scheme. It is unlikely to have much impact as analysts say the scheme’s limited range means. With some permits allocated free and others auctioned, companies must construct a permit for every tonne of carbon dioxide they produce, under the emissions trading system.... [tags: EU Emissions Trading Scheme]
3036 words (8.7 pages)
- Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry and Mississippi Burning Prejudice is just a word until a book or movie puts pictures in your mind. In Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry and Mississippi Burning, there are several scenes that have an impact on me. Both stories tell how badly the black families of Mississippi were treated, and they show how they suffered through it and came out the other end with courage and honor. It also tells how unfair the white men were to the blacks, inside and outside of the courtroom.... [tags: Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry Essays]
1037 words (3 pages)
- Black Thunder In the year 1800 Thomas Jefferson was campaigning very hard against John Adams for the presidency of the United States. Across the Atlantic, in France, Napoleon Bonaparte had consolidated his leadership of France. Meanwhile, in Santo Domingo (later Haiti), Toussaint L'Ouverture, with the succor of his countrymen and tropical diseases, repelled 20,000 French troops and formed a new black republic. The exploits of Toussaint did not go unobserved by slaves in the United States, especially in Virginia's Henrico County.... [tags: Black Thunder Essays]
1305 words (3.7 pages)
- Advertising Works Cited Missing "Advertising has developed and supported great industries, bulwarked-"or increased- "entire economies, and changed a sufficient number of human habits" (Wood 3). Like that paragraph says, advertising affects people in what they do and how they do it. It has affected the Kleenex company, the Nylon manufacturers and a company of a new type of car, the Tucker Corporation, from the 1940’s. Advertising has changed due to these people by their ways of making people notice their product.... [tags: business Marketing Advertisisng Essays]
1889 words (5.4 pages)