Basketball started gaining popularity all over the states. Basketball started spreading throughout Young Men 's Christian Association across the states and started to catch the eyes of . Dr. James Naismith even held the first college game against Pittsburgh Geneva College. The first official basketball game was played at a New York at Young Men 's Christian Association Training School January 20, 1892, with surprising nine players on each team all playing on the court at the same time , they chang...
... middle of paper ...
...nd considered the greatest basketball player of all time Michael Jordan joined the league and dominated brining the Chicago Bulls five championships and brought basketball to height sport fans never imagined.
Today the NBA is one of the sports franchise in the world and now franchised thirty NBA teams. They host multiple charity events called NBA care. LeBron, Stephen Curry, and Kevin Durant are bringing a new era to the NBA and are idolized all around the world. International player are also at a record high with nighty two players and is steadily increasing every season. The playoffs even broke American Broadcasting Company or ABC records being the most watched sport game in ABC history and a new TV deal on it way.
Basketball has not slowed down since first being invited in 1891 by Dr. James Naismith who wanted to make an activity for his students when it rains.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The gym is full of people; the stands are so full that they overflow onto the edge of the court and out the doorway. The shrieks and screeches cry out from the crowd’s cheers. The ball crashes through the net, as they jump popcorn flies. The home team hit a three-point shot; they are winning with only a few seconds left. In these few seconds, the coach looks around. He realizes why he does what he does. At this point, none of the labor, time, and effort matters. The only thing that matters is the win, seeing his team succeed; watching a team grow is unlike any other feeling.... [tags: Basketball, James Naismith, Michael Jordan]
2121 words (6.1 pages)
- Millions of players of basketball which was created by one man by the name of Dr. James A. Naismith. James Naismith was born around the 1860s. James Naismith created the game of basketball in 1891. Dr. James A. Naismith was truly influential to the sports world through the creation of basketball, building Kansas University basketball tradition, and changing lives of millions of people through the game of basketball. Before the game of basketball James Naismith was truly influential to the sports world.... [tags: Biography]
854 words (2.4 pages)
- James Naismith, born 11/6/1861, in Almonte, Ontario, Canada invented the greatest game of all time. Basketball was invented December 1891 at a YMCA gymnasium in Springfield, Massachusetts. The game was invented to be an indoor game for students to play during the cold winter months since there were no previous indoor game that could involve a whole class. Basketball started out with only 13 rules that were made by Naismith in 1891 and the rules have continued to grow and change up to present day.... [tags: physics sport sports basketball]
1868 words (5.3 pages)
- The game of basketball is recognizable high school or the NBA. The sport is very popular and is played worldwide. Everyone may also know the sport from some names of basketball stars. Maybe the names Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Dr. J, Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, or Carmelo Anthony ring a bell. They are all outstanding players of the game and have a significant understanding of how the game is played. Basketball has changed alot overtime and has become one of Americas most played sports. It takes time to really learn the ins and outs of the game and also to get a good handle on things.... [tags: Sports ]
1286 words (3.7 pages)
- Do you remember growing up and you had to obey mommy and daddies rules. “sit up straight while you’re eating. Don’t sit too close towards the television. Stop being selfish with your belongings.” Meanwhile as you get older you follow the rules of being in a daycare, classroom, work environment, and society. To be able to know your rules it allows you to know your boundaries on what can you do and what you cannot do. So we encounter rules in our everyday lives even in sports. In sports we need rules in order to play the game correctly and for our safety.... [tags: basketball, nba, james naismith, wnba]
820 words (2.3 pages)
- With five seconds left, the once psychotic crowd becomes as silent as a lion stalking its prey. The clock starts and all that can be heard is the opposing team running down the court dribbling the ball to shoot the final shot. The clock sends off a high-pitched shout. When the opposing team missed their shot, the crowd let out shrieks of joy and ran down onto the court to celebrate. Basketball was invented in 1891 by a Canadian Doctor named James Naismith and the game has changed dramatically since.... [tags: Basketball, National Basketball Association]
1059 words (3 pages)
- Everyone knows the game of basketball by now, therefore not many people know how it got started. Basketball was first discovered in Springfield, Massachusetts by a guy named Dr. James Naismith in 1891. Dr. Naismith was told by Dr. Luther Gulick, who was in charge of the Physical Education at the School of Christian Workers, to create a new game. Dr. Naismith struggled to come up with something. His first idea was to bring soccer and lacrosse inside, however that was too physical. He finally thought of an old childhood game he used to play called duck-on-the-rock.... [tags: Basketball, Rules of basketball, Wilt Chamberlain]
1139 words (3.3 pages)
- With time running out and the game on the line there is only one thing to do, shoot the ball; in basketball there has been many instances of fundamentals and athleticism in which history has been made in the sport itself. Basketball as a sport has gone through many obstacles to actually becoming a serious competitor to baseball, which was bigger than most sports in its era. Basketball has gained recognition worldwide because of its fast tempo game and how it is played. To understand the game of basketball and the journey of becoming what it is today, the history is extremely important.... [tags: Basketball, James Naismith, College basketball]
1196 words (3.4 pages)
- As an instructor at the YMCA in Springfield, Massachusetts, James Naismith was tasked with keeping physical education students active through the winter by providing a challenging, vigorous activity that could be played indoors. While he first considered bringing outside games indoors, James invented a new game when he determined these sports were too rough for the gymnasium. For this reason, Naismith 's solution was to nail peach baskets to the balconies at each end of the International Young Men 's Christian Association and have a game that was non contact (hooptactics) .... [tags: Basketball, James Naismith, YMCA, Springfield]
705 words (2 pages)
- There are 5 seconds left on the clock in the last quarter, the coach calls a time out. Down by 2, the team has a chance to win the game. The whistle blows and the clock winds down, 5...The ball is passed in…4…the point guard dribbles around the key…3…the ball is passed to the shooting guard…2…the shooting guard passes it back to the point guard…1…the point guard shoots from behind the 3-point line…0. Countless fans across the globe may get thrills while watching an intense minor or professional basketball game, although, few actually know where or how this widely popular sport was created.... [tags: nba, basketball players, james naismith]
1397 words (4 pages)