How does it work?
Dot laser therapy is mainly based on using the power of Co2 laser. The Co2 laser is used in a refined and controlled manner. This helps the surgeon to individualize the laser treatment according to your skin type and your specific needs. The most significant part of this treatment is that this treatment can be performed using topical anesthetic during which the patient remains awake.
Dot laser technology helps the treatment of chest, neck and extremities that includes the hands. The fractional dot laser Co2 technology has controlled settings. This helps in gentle resurfacing of the areas in the chest and neck and this would have not been possible with other Co2 lasers.
Apart from it, the technology used in dot laser treatment has replaced the other types of fractionated lasers. This is because other treatments involve up to six months of treatment that is necessary to see any visible improvement in the skin appearance. However, with dot laser technology, a single treatment is sufficient to see the remarkable improvement in the skin color and texture. The skin color is improved with reduction of sun damage and skin texture is improved with the reduction of fine lines.
Dot laser therapy creates much less redness. The amount of redness is dependent on the depth of treatment.
The recovery period of dot laser treatment involves a skin discoloration for a period of 5-7 da...
... middle of paper ...
...ime. This ‘fractional’ treatment helps the skin to heal much faster. So the rate of healing with the fractional treatment is faster when compared to the treatment of the entire area at once.
This laser treatment is different because it is the only system that penetrates the skin safely down to the dermis. This results in the natural stimulation of the new collagen with a minimal downtime. The damaged skin surfaces are replaced with the new epidermal skin. The Hot dot therapy provides an effective and safe treatment for patients.
A topical anesthesia is required to perform Hot dot laser treatment. The facial treatment is completed within 30 minutes. This treatment is suitable for neck, face and hands. The result can be achieved in 2-3 treatment sessions that are spaced about 2-4 months apart. Most patients notice a remarkable improvement sooner.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Dentistry is an industry that is constantly evolving. Every day new techniques, instruments, procedures and discoveries are made. One thing becoming more and more popular in dentistry are dental lasers. Dental laser use in dental offices is rapidly growing because all of the advantages they provide to both the dentist and the patient. With the different types and strengths of the different lasers like hard tissue, soft-tissue, carbon dioxide, argon lasers and more almost any dental treatment can be benefited by using one.... [tags: Laser, Light, Carbon dioxide, Gas laser]
1449 words (4.1 pages)
- How many of you know what laser surgery is. Perhaps, you have heard of this, but today lets learn about this procedure. The definition for laser eye surgery is, surgery used to correct vision in people who are nearsighted, farsighted, or have astigmatism. Lasik surgery is an outpatient procedure, and there is no overnight stay. Before you begin any kind of surgery it is beneficial you speak to your eye doctor. Set up an appointment to see what kind of laser surgery would be right for you. This will give the doctor an opportunity to see if you qualify for this type of a procedure.... [tags: Surgery, Laser, LASIK, Refractive surgery]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- Spider veins are tiny veins occurring beneath the skin and having a shape similar to that of a spider. These veins commonly develop on the thighs, face, ankles and calves. Usually, they are red, blue or purple in color and are disfiguring cosmetically. They radiate from a central point and are termed as “telangiectasias”. They appear like the branches radiating from the trunk of a tree. Laser treatment for spider veins is a non invasive and effective method of getting rid of spider veins. Cause of spider veins: The exact cause of the development of spider veins is not known.... [tags: Medical Science]
920 words (2.6 pages)
- Benefits of facial laser treatment: • The primary advantage is that the laser treatment is an absolutely harmless and painless method of facial. It does not involve going under knife and bearing the pain. • The laser procedure is much faster than the surgical operations. Moreover, regular visits are also not required to derive benefit of the treatment. • The time required for recovery and recuperation in laser treatment is less than that required for surgery. Considerations: These three factors are sufficient to convince oneself for facial laser treatment.... [tags: Health]
963 words (2.8 pages)
- Laser is an acronym used for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. Laser treatment is a procedure used to cure skin problems with a strong beam of light. Experienced cosmetologists and dermatologists use this new technology to cure many ailments. Side effects of laser treatment: Several side effects can be experienced with acne blemish laser treatment like irritation, redness and swelling on the affected areas. These side effects persist only for a few hours or a day. In certain cases of laser therapy that cures the pimple scars can lead to pigmentation changes.... [tags: Medical Science]
938 words (2.7 pages)
- X-RAY LASER AND APPLICATIONS 1. Introduction Laser devices are popular technologies with large application in daily life and of crucial importance in the industry and modern research Labs. The fundamental idea of a Laser system emerged back in 1917 from a work by Einstein . Basically, Einstein realized that an inversion of population from lower energy level to upper energy level of an atom could result in the amplification of incoming radiation. However, the first Laser system was only built in 1960 by Theodore Maiman .... [tags: laser devices, laser technology]
2282 words (6.5 pages)
- As we age, we develop wrinkles and fine lines on our face due to the repetitive movements of the facial muscle. Other factors like diet, exposure to sun and smoking can also affect your skin. Laser resurfacing treatment is a good option for treating the various skin problems including scars, age spots, wrinkles, brown discoloration, some types of acne scarring and stretch marks. The skin color, extent of damage and age are the factors that determine whether laser resurfacing treatment is appropriate for you.... [tags: Medical Science]
869 words (2.5 pages)
- Isolaz is a new, advanced laser used for the treatment of different skin problems including acne, signs of aging and sun damage. Isolaz laser can also be used for removal of unwanted hair. Isolaz laser treatment is based on Photo pneumatics technology. This technology combines the use of vacuum as well as a painless laser that leaves your skin look healthier and younger. It is a unique, effective and painless procedure. Isolaz therapy is quite comfortable and you experience a warm and gentle sensation during the skin treatment.... [tags: Health Care]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- Now, people with cellulite conditions can get excited with the advent of the new, promising treatment procedure. Currently, cellulite laser treatment seems to be a great option for treating cellulite conditions. Cellulite is considered as a major beauty problem and creates dimpled or lump like skin. More and more women are struggling with cellulite, hence more treatment options are now being developed to get rid of it. Cellulite laser treatment is a process in which a device is used for breaking down the fats underneath the skin or the cellulite.... [tags: Medical Science]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- Over the last century, measurement techniques in the study of turbulence and fluid flow have become more popular as the developments in technology and the evolution of laser diagnostics have made it possible to get more accurate results. There are different measurement techniques that are used in the study of turbulence and fluid flow such as hot wire anemometry (HWA), phase Doppler anemometry (PDA), particle image velocimetry (PIV) and recent development technique laser Doppler anemometry (LDA).... [tags: Fluid dynamics, Measurement, Laser]
1371 words (3.9 pages)