One of which hails from the notion of Professor James V. Koch suggesting, entrepreneurs are born “with a specific set of genes and characteristics” (Vennare 2014). As Koch puts it, “some individuals are simply more naturally fitted to become entrepreneurs,” because “they are pre-wired” with an entrepreneur gene (Kihara 2014). However, this calls to question an opposing school of thought advocated by Professor Julian Lange with the opinion that entrepreneurs are made and can be taught. Lange’s assertion derives from the belief that individuals can discover their entrepreneurial passion in a class setting and have their enterprising skills and abilities enhanced through teaching and practice (Daley 2013).
As deviating as both sentiments are, however this dissertation’s verdict does not belong to either one or the other but instead is of the opinion that successful entrepreneurs are both born and made for the reason that individual and corporate success – by means of identity reinforcement, skill enhancement, venture opportunity an...
... middle of paper ...
...uccess’, TheRichest, 17 April, viewed 20 April 2014, http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/nation/donald-trump-biography-and-rise-to-success/
Sanders, M 2005, How Does Trump repeatedly file for Bankruptcy and still stay on top?, LegalZoom, viewed 24 April 2014, http://www.legalzoom.com/legal-headlines/celebrity-lawsuits/how-does-trump-repeatedly-file
Trump, D & Schwartz, T 2007, Trump: The Art of the Deal, Random House Publishing Group, NY.
Vennare, J 2014, ‘Are Entrepreneurs Born or Made?’, Entrepreneurship Life, 28 January, viewed 16 April 2014, http://www.entrepreneurshiplife.com/entrepreneurs-born/
Yecies, L 2012, ‘Are Entrepreneurs Born or Made? Views from the Life of a “Made” Entrepreneur’, Forbes, 6 January, viewed 21 April 2014, http://www.forbes.com/sites/laurayecies/2012/01/06/are-entrepreneurs-born-or-made-views-from-the-life-of-a-made-entrepreneur/
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Page 1 Donald Trump is a man of great wealth, as well as power and influence. There is no question that Trump worked hard to get where he is today. He is most defiantly a man of business. Even at the beginning of his life he was destined to show brilliance due to his father’s work. These events of course, would eventually lead to his extraordinary empire and his chance to run as President of the United States.... [tags: Donald Trump, Ivana Trump, Donald Trump, Jr.]
1187 words (3.4 pages)
- In the midst of one of the most controversial presidential elections in history, both political parties are struggling to prove that their candidate is the best choice. Clinton and Trump’s disapproval ratings are very low, but one has to ask, is there really a lesser evil to choose from. While Clinton has had her own fair share of past discrepancies, Trump’s track record proves much more troublesome. Donald Trump has proven to be an untrustworthy presidential candidate because of his misogynistic actions, his racial bias, and his corrupt business history.... [tags: Donald Trump, Ivana Trump, Trump University]
1303 words (3.7 pages)
- Why Donald Trump Will Win the 2016 Election The 2016 election cycle has been one for the history books. For the Democrats, we have Hillary Clinton, the first female Democratic nominee and proclaimed liar and murderer. The right has indicted her in the death of those involved in Benghazi, and they have continued to slam her for her private email server and deletion of thirty thousand emails. On the right, we have business mogul Donald Trump. He is a self-proclaimed womanizer, and he is ready to build a wall, and make Mexico pay for it.... [tags: Donald Trump, Ivana Trump, Fred Trump]
935 words (2.7 pages)
- Introduction Entrepreneurs are born. This statement by Professor James V. Koch from Old Dominion University, Virginia, USA reflects that entrepreneurs have entrepreneurship skills that are part of a person’s innate traits one must be born with (Kuratko 2014). Entrepreneur who is born is the entrepreneur that has a family business. The entrepreneur inherits their parent’s business. Inheritance can make a person to be an entrepreneur. Matter of fact, heredity affects personality and behavior (Daley 2013).... [tags: business, Howard Shulz, Trump, ]
1064 words (3 pages)
- Trumping Back to the Top Let 's move forward America. Donald J. Trump, an American businessman, is ready to lead our country back to its original place. Mr. Trump, won the American republican nomination and is now our republican candidate for the 2016 presidential election. Born and raised in New York, Trump began his career in 1968. Donald earned a bachelor 's degree in economics from Wharton School in Pennsylvania. Working with his father, he helped skyrocket the family business; “The Trump Organization”.... [tags: President of the United States, United States]
821 words (2.3 pages)
- Donald Trump Donald Trump is one of the most well known figures in all parts of the world. Not only is he a business mogul worth billions, but he is also a celebrity, star of his own show “the apprentice.” In addition to his unequivocal reputation, his participation in charities is very well-known. Trump, with so much power and talent, has tremendously affected the world. The business industry is probably the most effected, including real estate and casino, followed by the entertainment business; reality television.... [tags: real estate, debt, television]
935 words (2.7 pages)
- I would like to begin with a quote from an incredible American Entrepreneur, Donald Trump, which goes "My policy is to learn from the past, focus on the present, and dream about the future." A strong quote that helped him from a downfall that almost nobody thought he would bounce back from. In 1990, he underwent a debt so large from the range of 975 million to almost two billion dollars where he almost went bankrupt. He had to hand over a lot of holdings to the creditor bank but by the end of 1990s, he bounced back.... [tags: Biography]
684 words (2 pages)
- Donald Trump is known for his eccentricity and unconventional businesses practices. He exhibits an unconventional leadership style. Donald Trump started early to develop his personal brand, this is exhibited by every piece of real estate Mr. Trump owns. Every casino, building or golf course has his name on it. He is eccentric, powerful, but yet he makes very smart business decisions. He is also a risk taker. All these business skills have made him a very well recognized business leader, and one of the nations most known billionaires.... [tags: Charisma, Leadership]
2367 words (6.8 pages)
- Donald Trump: Natural Born Leader What does a leader look like. Well that’s simple they are tall, handsome, intelligent, Caucasian, and rich. They have beautiful wives and spend most of their time in the Bahamas on an enormous yacht. Now look again, minus the stereotypes. What does a leader really look like. Leaders come in all shapes, sizes, races, genders, and ages. Leaders can be found anywhere doing anything no matter how important or how routine the task. Leadership by definition is the ability to influence, motivate, and enable others to contribute to the effectiveness and success of the organizations of which they are members (McShane, S.L., & Von Glinow, M.A, 2005).... [tags: essays research papers]
1670 words (4.8 pages)
- Donald Trump Donald Trump is not only one of the world’s richest men, but one of its most recognizable. Despite a privileged upbringing, he did not inherit anything, and went on to fame and fortune thanks to his business accomplishments and natural instincts. Donald Trump, born in June, 14 1946, in Queens, New York, is the fourth of five children of Frederick C. and Mary Macleod Trump (Mortiz, 1987, p.23). His father was a builder and real estate developer who specialized in constructing and operating middle-inome apartments in the Queens, Staten Island, and Brooklyn.... [tags: essays research papers]
1499 words (4.3 pages)
- Schneider and Lester on Social Policy
- A Review of Live Performances at the Denver Performing Art Complex
- Social Impacts of Computers to Today's World
- Living an Abundant Life: Loving Oneself
- Dreams versus Reality in Literature
- The United States from the Discovery of the New World to the Reconstruction Era