“Real?” Johnny looked gratefully at him.
“Really,” Karl assured him.
As the three of them ate, Doctor Druthers explained that anything they talked about would be kept a secret unless he was worried John would hurt himself, it would affect his recovery, or it was something that his family needed to know about.
“What I want to know is how you feel about things, so that I know you are happy and healthy as much as possible. If you have a bad day or a good day, I’d like to know why. If you are mad, or sad, or upset about something, let me know. I can try to help you find out why and how to deal with it. Things won’t be easy for a while,” Karl cautioned. “I am more than happy to stick around and help you, just as I have been helping your family and their friends. You can talk with me by yourself or have someone with you if you would like. It is up to you and you can always change your mind during our talks. Your Uncle Roy and Aunt Jo have already said that they wouldn’t mind being told that you want them to leave. I would like to talk to you alone when you are ready.”
Johnny took in what this doctor was saying. Unsure of what to do or say, he just continued eating until he couldn’t eat anymore. Still, he stayed silent. Neither one of the three adults spoke, content just to allow him to think things through.
“Black doctor say color don’t matter to them,” John start speaking slowly and quietly. “I see in head faces that look hurt, look scared. It is cause I hurt. The people stay by me, hel...
... middle of paper ...
...ay here with you is the only way he and his family will get sleep tonight. If he wasn’t here, they’d be wondering if you were alright. It’s just a part of being a part of a family that loves and cares about you, so don’t feel bad.”
Nodding, Johnny wondered, How’d he know I felt that way?
“It’s written on your face, Junior,” Roy said.
Shock appeared next, causing the three adults to chuckle.
“Don’t worry,” Joanne assured Johnny in a whisper. “What Uncle Roy doesn’t know is that I can read the rest of the family just as well as he can read you. It all evens out.”
Unsure what she meant, John just nodded and waved as Karl took his leave as his day nurse came in. Knowing what that meant, he sighed heavily and tried not to panic. Thankfully, within the hour, he was up in surgery and by the next morning, John had no recollection of being moved to surgery or back to his room.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Financial accounts Profit and loss account Introduction In this section of this assignment I have been asked to interpret the contents of a trading and profit and loss account and balance sheet for snorkel. A profit and loss account is a document which a business uses to see where they are in terms of financial stability. A profit and loss account shows a business weather they are making a profit or loss. As well as that it also shows them where their finances are coming from in and out. It shows their cash inflow and outflow.... [tags: Revenue, Income statement]
1227 words (3.5 pages)
- In this essay I will talk about how important it is for people who do not fit in, to fit in. Girl bullying is not the same, the girl bullies have changed completely, their appearance, attitude, and who they bully. Students wake up every day wondering if they are going to fit in at all or be accepted by anybody at school. If the administrators, and peers who are watching them get bullied would step up and take care of the students bullying their peers, then maybe all of the bullying in schools would stop.... [tags: Peer-Pressure]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- In this day and age it seems like everyone from the youngest to the oldest has a cellphone. I’ve seen children as young as 5 years to adult over the age of 80 years olds using a cellphone. I believe I don’t need a cellphone. Cellphones and its accessory such as the cases can be very expensive. Don’t get me started on the monthly bill. When you first open an account, the wireless carrier claims they are giving you the best plan ever, and that the monthly rate will remain the same for a least one year.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, SMS]
1099 words (3.1 pages)
- In “Stop Defending Music Education”, teacher and writer Peter Green plunges the reader into the incessant argument about the necessity of arts programs in elementary and secondary education. Greene addresses how schools are contesting the excision of music programs by promoting its effects on other areas of study. He explores the common practices of educators, in an effort to serve the standardized test community, decreeing that music education helps with test taking, and boosts scores. He argues that if the only obstruction to the amputation of music programs from school curriculum is the claim that such education is actually “test prep with a horn”, then educators leave its value solely bu... [tags: Rhetoric, Education, The Reader, High school]
755 words (2.2 pages)
- Education Outside of School Many articles can attest to the subject that is, why education doesn 't just stop at school. Lily Claiborne, Annie Paul, and Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi are all people who have written articles about learning outside the classroom. Things like the internet, world experiences/ responsibilities, and your peers, teach you so much more that you ever would in a classroom. Articles like “Teaching Outside the Classroom” by Lily Claiborne, “Informal education: What students are learning outside the classroom” by Annie Paul, and “Education for the 21st Century” by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, show great examples to why learning doesn 't stop at school.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Learning]
1372 words (3.9 pages)
- ... It is impossible to stop assembling data. The stuff keeps coming” (60). Branch cannot finish or even begin his report for the CIA because he does not know where or how to begin sifting through all the evidence and he is not entirely sure of the significance of most of the information. He feels as if he must make meaning out of all the material in his possession and so, because he does not know how to accomplish this, he remains perpetually immobile in his attempt to uncover and write the true history of the assassination.... [tags: John F Kennedy's assassination]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- ... Stop programs going online Stopping other programs periodically accessing the internet to check for updates or retrieve information will also help speed up your downloads because you won’t be competing with other items on your computer for the web connection. To check which programs and services are set up to connect to the internet, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, click Task Manager, Services and look through the entries that have network access. Items such as Adobe Acrobat Updates can be stopped. Limit when other people can use your web connection If all the devices connected to your network are ones that should be allowed web access, either change the traffic priority for your broadband conne... [tags: stop programs going online, devices]
1225 words (3.5 pages)
- 5 issues you’ll face getting hired for that job you want (or don’t want) The fact that I’m writing this shows I’m unemployed. What have I done to stop being unemployed you ask. I’ve done everything that all of the helpful people of the world have said to do: I made a LinkedIn account, I polished up my resume, then re-wrote it 6 more times, I networked, I made myself competitive, I searched far and wide for any and all jobs matching my skill set, and last but not least I donned my best suit for all those interviews that were surely heading my way.... [tags: Employment, Recruitment, Résumé]
1358 words (3.9 pages)
- say it’s over I’m saying it because I need the closure. Thank you for the heartaches and pain enjoy what you are doing out there with your women if you can good-bye Melvin. Allen went to work early the next morning. Time for court was rolling around fast while I was waiting for Ms. Everson to pick me up. The mail came early there was a letter from Chevy Chase Bank garnishing money from my bank account. They had taken control of my account removed what they wanted and left me with 33 cents to my name.... [tags: Public transport, Bus stop, Bus, Chevy Chase]
714 words (2 pages)
- It’s been a month since I moved into college, life on campus have been great for me. The living community is better than what I expected at the Governors Complex. The university has the number one dining inside the SUNY College system for four consecutive years. The living community let students feel like they are at home. Besides dorm life, we have very amazing academic programs. I am very happy with my professors, most of them try to keep the lectures interesting. But like everything else, the university have imperfections, the university stampedes are what I think is the flaw of the school.... [tags: Public transport, Bus stop, Bus, Bus transport]
1047 words (3 pages)