Although the automotive market in Italy doesn’t show much room for sales growth as shown by a high car ownership per capita. In 2009, mostly due to government incentives, the auto market saw a more moderate drop in sales than in the previous year (fig. 1). According to the Business Monitor International total auto sales is forecasted to surpass 2.58 million units by 2014 (“Italy Autos Report” 27).
Taking into account Ghemawat’s four dimensions of distance; culture, administrative, geographic and economic shows that while there are costs and risks associated with doing business in Italy there are also advantages. English is taught early as a secondary languag...
... middle of paper ...
... both advantages and disadvantages. The current auto market, mostly dominated by domestic players due to the consumers loyalty toward domestic brands, shows very little appeal for new entrants. Some foreign carmakers, Ford for example, are showing signs of growth in this market. Ford has been able to do this by appealing to the consumers desire, for small affordable cars.
"Italy Autos Report - Q1 2010. " Italy Autos Report 1 Jan. 2010: ABI/INFORM Trade & Industry, ProQuest. Web. 28 Feb. 2014.
Italy - Labor. Encyclopedia of the Nations. 28 Feb. 2014.
Potesta, Sandra. How to do Business in Italy. Feb. 2007. 28 Feb. 2014.
Welcome to Italy. 28 Feb. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Challenges of Doing Business Overseas Introduction Steve Kafka is an American business man of Czech origin and a franchisor for Chicago Style Pizza. Steve has determined he would like to extend his business into the Czech Republic. Steve will encounter cultural challenges and will have to overcome risks related to starting up a business in a foreign country. By looking at the major differences and incompatibilities between the U.S and the Czech Republic it will be identified what it will take to get the business to a successful start overseas.... [tags: International Business Culture]
1505 words (4.3 pages)
- When comparing Italy with Austria there are not that many differences in Hofstede’s Dimensions. Both countries have similar high rates in masculinity, uncertainty avoidance and pragmatism. Austria and Italy are considered masculine societies, which mean that both societies are highly career and success oriented and competition is an important matter. The possession of certain status symbols, which also get compared amongst colleagues or neighbors, expresses this. The high scores in Uncertainty Avoidance index means that both societies do not feel comfortable in unknown situations or towards unknown things.... [tags: Culture, Business, Comparison]
605 words (1.7 pages)
- Investment Risk Italy has one of the largest economies in Europe and one of the ten largest in the world. This has not however prevented the continued deflation Italy is experiencing. Italy has performed very poorly with an approximately 7% decline in growth over the last five years. Italy has a huge state debt for which it needs to develop growth so that it can prevent further debt and begin to reduce the debt which is currently 130% of its’ gross domestic product($2.014 trillion:2012). With the government's nearly $1.1 trillion budget Italy began paying $52 billion it owes to private companies.... [tags: economic analysis, European Union nations]
558 words (1.6 pages)
- Our world is becoming increasingly connected and global and the role of international business is increasing. Each country has its own set of unique customs and traditions. Each citizen's beliefs define the cultures by which each citizen abides by in normal everyday life, thus serving as the very foundation of the country. For example, in Saudi Arabia a citizen convicted of stealing will have his hand cutoff. In the United States, a citizen convicted of stealing would possibly receive only short term probation.... [tags: International Business]
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- India and Italy have been part of the world since long time, both of the countries share unique features in them. India and Italy recently started having even stronger bonds with each other. Both the countries are part of ancient civilizations; people of India and Italy have continuous civilization since 2500 B.C.E. Both the countries can be compared and contrasted on the basics of their culture, religion, economy, history and trade stats etc. I have never seen Italy in my life but I hear people from Italy are similar to Indians in most of the ways and Italy itself attracts me as a beautiful country.... [tags: Economics Countries]
1280 words (3.7 pages)
- In today’s marketing world, every small business seeks to stand out among a myriad of competitors. Because United States consumers have so many choices, businesses who fail to differentiate themselves from the competition struggle to survive. However, an effective differentiating strategy can help a small business not only to live, but also to thrive in the marketplace. Marketing experts Jack Trout and Steven Rivkin combine their genius to describe practical concepts on business differentiation.... [tags: Business, Marketing]
1692 words (4.8 pages)
- International business has many aspects that you need to be aware of before doing business in another country, whether you are a small business or a fortune 500 company. There are many different cultures and ways of doing business around the world. I choose to focus in on doing business in Italy. They have many different ways of doing things than we do here in the United States. There are certain topics of conversation that are welcome, there are certain ways of dressing, certain ways to make a deal with them and many more.... [tags: Business Case Studies]
610 words (1.7 pages)
- ... He later sued the police department and the courts awarded him $10,500. He is suing Amanda, claiming that the false imprisonment cost him his business that the police demanded stay closed insisting it was part of an active crime scene. Guede Arrested On November 20, the same day that authorities released Lumumba from prison, police, in Germany, arrested Guede, near Mainz, for traveling by train without a ticket. With the evidence that Guede’s fingerprints were all over Margaret’s bedroom and apartment, authorities quickly sent Guede back to Perugia.... [tags: prison, guilty, sexual assault]
1116 words (3.2 pages)
- Tourism in Greece, Italy, and Turkey The fall in the costs of traveling over the past few decades has taken tourism out of the sole domain of the rich and extended it to the middle class. Consequently, the world tourism market has exploded, providing countries with a new source of jobs and income. In this paper I will examine the tourism industries in Greece, Italy, and Turkey in the context of both the European and worldwide tourism markets. Several questions will be addressed. How many tourists come to these countries annually.... [tags: Tourist Vacations Papers]
2154 words (6.2 pages)
- My Trip to Italy I stood in the town square of the small village. Like any other normal day, people were going about their day-to-day business. Old men sat on a wooden bench beneath a large tree and predicted this year’s crop. Women shared town gossip as they shopped for groceries, and children sucked on lollipops while they played along the cobblestone streets. However, unlike any other day, the whole crowd had stopped in unison and darted their eyes in my direction, their full attention on me.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
1022 words (2.9 pages)