Technology is a machine that is created by human, which is useful to many varieties of things. People created technology for many reasons such as communications, social with the outside world, make the job easier, and many more. On the other hand, people are realizing that technology has a serious impact towards us especially our young ones. People have classified that technology has many impacts that can affect families, friends, and the loved ones because of our generations can access now to any kind of social media on the internet. Technology is the evil of this world and soon it will make us alone and separate us from our family.
Technology has been one of the easiest ways for people to use in communication, socializing, and many more. But there is one thing in mind, people sometimes realize that technology has separated them from the love ones. Such as Michael Gonchar have to explain that technology has made us more lonely than we thought it could be. Gonchar explains how she makes her point “it makes me sad that there are moments in our lives where we’re not present because we’re are looking at a phone” (Gonchar). Gonchar is realizing how affected as human we are. Instead of listening to our families or friends stories, we look at our phone. She clearly stated that most people are blind and see the fact they are not even listening. Has in the short video, Gonchar shows how people are more into their little screen rather than communicate with their peers. It is not easy because now a day people are still rejecting their own mankind just for a little screen. Although, technology can also affect our generation.
Technology has been used around the world and it used in a good way and in a...
... middle of paper ...
...ey can do is suicide which mostly happen to teenage people. When you are blind what is the only reason of being blind is because of choosing to play video games all day and all night. When playing a video game its is hard for parent to spend time with their daughter or son because of a game. When looking at people who are having health problem such as getting skinny, and losing weight because people are not eating well. This technological effects where makes people alone.
We understand that people are using technology for the purpose of communication. They did not know that technology is killing people in so many ways that us human cannot see. In order to prevent this problems people should think twice before acting. Technology will take over human kind for next decades. This is the reason that technology have been making us alone and separate us with our families.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- At first, I agreed with Stephen Marche, author of “Is Facebook Making Us Lonely?”, but after doing some of my own research I would like to retract my original position. We cannot blame technology for our own human condition. However Stephen Marche begs to differ. “At the forefront of all this unexpectedly lonely interactivity is Facebook, with 845 million users and $3.7 billion in revenue last year” (Marche). Stephen Marche believes Facebook is making us lonely because it is changing the dynamics of traditional friendships (Marche).... [tags: Socila Media, Social Networking Essays]
1325 words (3.8 pages)
- Before technology, face to face communication was a normal everyday thing and loneliness was a problem that was rarely talked about or experienced. People went about their day without checking their phone every five minutes or so to see if anyone liked the status they posted or feeling lonely when nobody new liked it. In new studies more and more people have feelings of loneliness and depression. However, more people now use social medias such as Facebook, twitter and instagram. While it is true that technology mainly sites such as Facebook can lead to a person feeling alone, it is also true that it depends on how you use the technology, either to your advantage or as a depressant.... [tags: social media, depression, communication]
611 words (1.7 pages)
- Should teens be limited to the amount of technology that’s exposed. We’ve all been or are going to be a teenager. There is no way to avoid it. Leisure has changed over time. The definition of leisure to any adult would be playing with friends in the street, doing some homework or maybe even working at a job. Today, it consists of texting on iphones/blackberries, watching T.V or going on social networks. Teens nowadays have Call of Duty, Jersey Shore, iPad and Facebook. It seems today that any teenager would agree that they can’t live without one thing: technology.... [tags: Technology ]
2109 words (6 pages)
- Is Social Networking Making Us Lonely. A few days ago, I was watching a soccer game on my computer with a friend. It was an important match between my favorite team and his, and the competition was actually very fierce. It ended up with my favorite team being lost. I disappointed for half an hour and my friend trying to console me, though unsuccessfully. I knew that in that kind of situation, most friends would have clapped me on the shoulder and given me a hug, and I do believe that my friend will do this for me, if my friend was not on the other side of the earth.... [tags: Social network service, Social network aggregation]
1320 words (3.8 pages)
- A young girl wakes up early in the morning to get ready for school. Before she gets out of bed, she checks her Facebook with her phone that sits in its’ place on her night stand. In class, she checks if she has any text messages from her friends under the table, making sure her teacher does not catch her. When she gets home from school, she sits on her couch, surfing the internet for a few hours before finally starting her homework. When she is about to go to bed, she checks her Facebook once more.... [tags: Facebook, Internet Applications, Technology]
1396 words (4 pages)
- The article “Social Media’s Small, Positive Role in Human Relationships” begins with Zeynep, the author, describing her thoughts and emotions when she saw robots that were designed to take care of children with autism. She tells the readers that she felt uncomfortable, but understands why people developed such technology. This leads into her introducing her thesis to the audience, which focuses on how technology is beneficial rather than harmful to our daily lives. Zeynep uses her responses to the article “Facebook is Making us Lonely,” by Stephen Marche to further her argument.... [tags: Sociology, Facebook, Twitter]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- Social media and networking has become one of the biggest trends of web use, with over a billion users on Facebook each month and hundreds of millions on other social media. The introduction of social media and other technological advances has changed the way people forge relationships and interact with others. In recent years, many different social media and networking outlets have been created giving people many different platforms in which to communicate and gather information at lightning speeds.... [tags: social media, networking, technology]
948 words (2.7 pages)
- A community: otherwise a group of people who share common culture and heritage a populace, an alliance, an association, a neighborhood, a district, a society. A dictionary definition is what the population settles for as far as the context where they consider themselves as apart of a community. The word community in the 14th century, had derived from the word “common,” in that time, meaning fellowship in a ‘community’ of relations or feelings. However, the term then became used concretely as to pertain to a body of fellows or townsmen.... [tags: universal compassion, being part of a society]
818 words (2.3 pages)
- ... Some people believe that modern technology is harmful because it has had bad effects on human health. In the realm of technology, there are numerous dangers to our health on the grounds that individuals are over utilizing numerous sorts of innovations for the most part regular and all over the place. Using many kinds of technology causes many health problems because of electromagnetic waves of some devices like internet, computer, and wireless devices. It causes brain problems due to causing extra stress while using those devices.... [tags: behavior, power, computer]
811 words (2.3 pages)
- Albert Einstein once said, “It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.” Technology is a controversial topic, some say we are depending in excess from gadgets and devices. However, if it wasn’t for technology we wouldn’t be able to experience many benefits. Life in the modern world is difficult now because of technology has taken up most of our time. It can make us feel lonely and disconnect with reality. As we spend much time on the internet, such as web surfing or instant messaging, we lack with our social skills because we don’t know how to interact with people.... [tags: internet and lonliness]
576 words (1.6 pages)