The screen is tormenting me as I stare at the keys of my keyboard. My mind is blank and the only thing I can think about is not wanting to write my essay. Then the mind starts wondering why am I thinking this about something that truly matters a lot, which are my grades. Most times in my case it is sheer laziness that gets me. For some other people procrastination can get them because they have to be perfect with everything they do and write. One may see an incredibly smart kids procrastinate their papers because they think they aren’t good enough. They aren’t lazy kids by any means, but they end up cramming at eleven o’clock, like me, hoping the instructor will accept my paper an hour or two late. The last thing I’ve experienced or seen having the deadly procrastination is being pre-occupied. People have many act...
... middle of paper ...
...h is not responding well to the carbon emissions that we are doing to it.
There are multiple ways or forms to procrastinate. There are also a lot of factors that go into why some people procrastinate, like their impulsiveness or their perfectionist personality. People can somehow influence you to procrastinate or pressure you so much that you can’t or don’t want to take care of your problem. Not only does procrastination take place in schools it takes place in the real world every day. Before researching this topic I had the assumption that procrastination was sheer laziness, but I was more than wrong. Procrastination is a highly psychological problem than can be fixed with a lot of determination. As I finish this paper with two hours to spare on my due date I can personally say I wish I wouldn’t have procrastinated, but sometimes it’s just habitable nature for some.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- While the mentioned articles and studies may not directly be related, it is reasonable to make a few assumptions about procrastination from each of them that are true for all cases, despite the complexity of this topic. Tice and Baumister’s research article shows solid evidence as to how procrastination may have negative effects on academic performance. Although this may seem to be a reasonable assumption to make, if their research is compared with research done in other articles, this is essentially only surface deep.... [tags: Procrastination, Time management, Research, Time]
779 words (2.2 pages)
- In college, just about all students procrastinate in some type of way. They do not realize that they need to stay ahead of their work and stay caught up. Students do not realize that procrastination can become a habit and it can ruin a person’s life. They also do not realize that procrastination can be a burden on them. Procrastination can break students in college. Students in college may struggle because of procrastination. A student that procrastinates is a person who puts his or her work off to the very last minute.... [tags: Procrastination, Time management, Want]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- It’s the middle of the day, you were given an english essay to write and a set of math problems to complete. Neither are due tomorrow, or even this week actually, so you decide to put it off until later. With the ten hours of the day remaining, you decide to take a nap, wake up to eat, then endlessly scroll down Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other sorts of social media until it’s time for bed. The next day, much like yesterday, is again wasted by not making any progress on either assignments.... [tags: Time management, Procrastination]
1036 words (3 pages)
- Procrastination is the plague that infects most of the students during their academic career. According to Hara Estroff Morano, “Procrastination is the one personal flaw that every student and adult in our time-pressured culture openly admits to” (41). It is easy to say you will do this assignment tomorrow but the next day you find the same work become stressing as you are running against the due date. Avoiding procrastination might seem impossible, especially when it becomes a habit, but there are methods suggested by experts to eliminate it.... [tags: Time management, Procrastination, Motivation]
1333 words (3.8 pages)
- Why Students Procrastinate in College There’s plenty of time to get this done; it can wait another few days. Tomorrow for sure this task will be completed in full. Oh no, this assignment is due by tomorrow morning and it’s almost midnight. These are some of the things that college students who procrastinate will experience. Procrastination can be detrimental to students’ educational success. The consequences of procrastinating in college are sleepless nights, stress and turning in poor work. Putting off an assignment for too long may lead to students not turning in the assignment at all.... [tags: Procrastination, Time management, Stress]
1645 words (4.7 pages)
- Most humans have habits, habits in which they do simply because if they do not do them they feel uncomfortable. Procrastination is one of those habits that not all, but most people suffer from. Procrastination means to put off key things to do less important things that could possibly wait. It has been proving that all most everyone procrastinates, but procrastination does not determine what type of person one is. Procrastination is like a virus or a bad cold that does not want to go away. If one does not stop the problem it will get bigger; therefore, if people do not control their procrastinating they will start to do it more.... [tags: Procrastination, Time management, African time]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- Oxford dictionary (n.d.) defines procrastination as “the action of delaying and postponing something”. People sometimes carrying out less urgent projects or do more pleasurable things first and put off what really is important (Wikipedia, 2014). A lot of people do the tasks they have to complete at the last minute. Solomon and Rothblum (1984) state that procrastination is “the act of needlessly delaying tasks to the point of experiencing subjective discomfort” (Solomon & Rothblum, 1984, P.1). Procrastination is not only a lost of productivity but it also leads to regrets and damaged self-esteem (Association for Psychological Science, 2009).... [tags: Time management, Procrastination]
1146 words (3.3 pages)
- Procrastination is a problem with many people especially in the academic and working worlds. Procrastination is when a person puts off work, many different things can cause a person to do this. I am one of the people that procrastinates and end up having trouble getting work done resulting in getting behind in school and other activities, I have more stress than what is healthy and it has caused health problems; it makes me unable to accomplish things in my life. The causes of procrastination for me are obvious and I can fix these problems.... [tags: Procrastination, Time management, Causality]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- I have been intending to write this essay for months. Why am I finally doing it. Because I finally found some uncommitted time. Wrong. I have papers to grade, textbook orders to fill out, an NSF proposal to referee, dissertation drafts to read. I am working on this essay as a way of not doing all of those things. This is the essence of what I call structured procrastination, an amazing strategy I have discovered that converts procrastinators into effective human beings, respected and admired for all that they can accomplish and the good use they make of time.... [tags: Time management, Procrastination, Motivation]
1093 words (3.1 pages)
- Procrastination Procrastination is the avoidance of doing a task that needs to be accomplished. Procrastination has a high potential for painful consequences. It may interfere with our personal or academic success. There are those of us who wait until the due date is a day away. I am not talking about making sure the money is in the bank. I am talking about putting it off because it is a tedious chore that we do not enjoy doing. Procrastination is a big problem for many, and one that can harm your career.... [tags: essays research papers]
1143 words (3.3 pages)