In recent surveys that abstinence programs doesn 't work in high school and more teens are getting pregnant and having STDS. Especially in the USA we have the highest teenage pregnancy rate in the America than any 1st world country.Because they 're not teaching this much in the USA and most of the teenagers are learning this the hard way. So the truth about abstinence programs. Abstinence programs can help prevent STDS and teen pregnancy by showing them the right way to have sex but teens don 't understand the consequences.But some parents don 't approve about having abstinence programs like saying it 's not appropriate for school or students and it is awkward when telling kids about sex, but it will help them in the future and be safe and tech it to the future generation.Another false claim is about virginity pledges that it doesn 't work,because of peer pressure and certain urges and boredom. Well that is sorta true you know how teenagers are and that 's another reason why practice safe sex.
Even in colleges they don 't practice safe sex, but they have areas where prevention is at both teenagers are afraid to get some because they might be judged by other peers. The other reason is the cost of making the class and passing through the school and the state and finding a certified teacher that take classes for that specified subject. Students need this type of education that is understood,and accurate and not embarrassing and confusing. For some of the students who that took the program or took pledges it will only like last like a month or so and they would end up forgetting what was the purpose of the program. Sexual education comes from the year 1998 with the welfare ref...
... middle of paper ...
...ng to shove books and knowledge down there throat that makes them want it even badder. But teaching them how to use a condom and how to use it will help them in the future to prevent having STD or other known diseases. But i don 't know why parents are scared to tell their children there are diseases and teenage pregnancies and that is a another big thing in the americans. It hurts poor households and messes up families financially and emotionally when there 's a pregnant teenager.I don 't go for abortion but you need to plan out how to take care of the baby, instead going blind raising the baby.You need to have a storng household for the baby instead coming in emontoly to a broken household,and that not even good.But the programs is not going to work from my standpoint and i think its a big waste in are tax money and resoures and thats is my final stamennt.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Many parents often worry that their teens are engaging in unhealthy or dangerous behaviors, including reckless driving, drinking, drugs, and unprotected sex. For many parents, the only obvious solution is to try and hide the facts of sex from their children, in the hopes that the less they know about it, the less tempted they will feel to do it. Other parents make doomsday-esque statements about what will happen if their child participates in sexual behavior before marriage, in the hopes of scaring their teens into abstinence.... [tags: Sex Education Essays]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- Sexual education should be taught in school, but as an abstinence-only program. According to Robert Rector, a researcher for the Heritage Foundation, abstinence-based sexual education reduced teen sexual activity. In fact, it has helped to reduce the amount of teen pregnancy (Teens at Risk, 1). Some may say that comprehensive sexual education is better because it “prepares” the teens for what might happen during sexual activity, but here it will be shown that is not always the truth. Abstinence-only sexual education law has a single goal: to discourage teens from having premarital sex because in the future, single parent households have greater hurdles to overcome than the couples who are... [tags: Human sexual behavior, Human sexuality]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- Teen pregnancy is a catastrophe consequence that teenagers have make just because they do not belief true love waits. What I mean by true love waits is that they are living life like if there was a limit. They believe they are in love and they start living a sexual life ignoring pregnancy and adult responsibilities that will come after pregnancy. Such as the Low-income, the responsibility that they do not have, the mature thinking they need to have and the ways to prevent pregnancy. I understand that all babies are a blessing and in all the dilemma of pregnancy, the only victim is the baby.... [tags: low income, inmature thinking, abstinence]
904 words (2.6 pages)
- Beginning high school is typically a nerve-racking experience for every teenager. Their workload becomes heavier, teachers and parents become more persistent, and the pressure to fit in increases. With so much going on teenagers tend to succumb to the pressure from their peers and engage in activities that they normally wouldn’t, specifically sex. A lot of teenagers believe that being sexually active is cool and if they aren’t they will be considered an outcast. As more teens become sexually active, more and more school programs are implemented to promote abstinence-only education.... [tags: sexual activity in high school teenagers]
639 words (1.8 pages)
- Comprehensive sex-ed over abstinence only sex-ed In this day abstinence sex-ed programs are the only thing available to most kids, I am here to advocate for comprehensive sex-ed programs rather than abstinence only programs. In this paper I will start to explain to you about how we should have a comprehensive sex education and not just abstinence based sex education in our schools available to students, and why it is important. To correctly argue my point, you have to have a basic understanding of what is happening.... [tags: Teenage pregnancy, Sex education, Birth control]
1149 words (3.3 pages)
- Societies for years have preached the theory of individual responsibility as the righteous route for it citizens to pursuit. The worth of a society is often based on the monetary network of individuals. Moreover, in the United States this is the norm to focus on individual responsibility. However, every society is faced with the conflict of poverty that requires some type of social welfare policy. Poverty is not a stranger to the United States and therefore it created program such as welfare to assist the poor.... [tags: Social Work ]
918 words (2.6 pages)
- On planet Earth, billions of people engage in sexual intercourse. This is because of the subconscious need humans have to reproduce and ensure the survival of their species. However, the benefits of abstaining from sexual relations of any kind until married outweigh the benefits of non-abstinence from sex. In the modern era, abstinence from sex before marriage is preferable to non-abstinence from sex before marriage. The prevention of unplanned pregnancies, dangerous sexually transmitted diseases, and internet pornography addictions are reasons why abstinence should be chosen over non-abstinence.... [tags: Pro Abstinence Essays]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- Comprehensive Sex Ed. Programs vs. Abstinence Only Programs Sexual education programs taught in high schools nationwide would be much more effective if instead of focusing exclusively on abstinence only programs, they taught a much more comprehensive program, which informed the adolescents how to be safe when it comes to dealing with sexual activities. Abstinence only programs are the widely favored programs of the past and of present time, but now more and more adults are starting to believe their children would be better educated if they were involved in a more comprehensive program, that not only emphasized the teachings of abstinence but taught their children how to be safe, and how to... [tags: Compare Contrast Sex Education Essays]
2820 words (8.1 pages)
- Abstinence: To chose or not to choose. Many teenagers just don’t understand the responsibilities that go along with being sexually active, they don’t even think about them. But maybe they should sit back and think before taking part. People should not be having sex just to have it, but because they are in love. The only time premarital sex may be okay is in the boundaries of a loving, trusting relationship. Other wise you will most likely regret it when you get older. There is so much feeling that goes into being sexually active most teenagers wouldn’t even be able to handle the emotional stress that gets added to the relationship after engaging in intercourse.... [tags: essays research papers]
1621 words (4.6 pages)
- Abstinence With all the emphasis on the importance of using condoms and birth control to ensure safer sex, I feel an intelligent choice is being overlooked. What is this choice. Well, it is sometimes looked at as old-fashion or not as a plausible decision. I feel, though, that it is very possible, and I am living proof that it is. This decision that I have made is pre-marital sexual abstinence. First of all, I want to say that I feel that people should be educated about condoms and other forms of birth control.... [tags: essays papers]
1009 words (2.9 pages)