When Adam and Eve were created, the both did not consume any meat; instead, they had a vegan lifestyle. The bible states that God granted Adam and Eve the privilege to eat plants and herbs (Genesis 1:29). It was when Adam and Eve partook the forbidden fruit from the tree of good and evil, sin was brought upon the world, and the consumption of meat followed. Humans were not designed to eat meat; thus, meat is not necessary for survival. One will ponder what Veganism is, well, being a vegan is like being a vegetarian, but on steroids. Veganism is more than just a diet; veganism is a lifestyle. A vegan diet is composed of plant-based foods only; they do not eat anything processed with animal products. In addition to this, vegans refrain from clothing made from animals and products that have been tested on them. Living a vegan lifestyle will benefit the planet by means of promoting a healthier lifestyle and saving the lives of animals.
Living a vegan lifestyle promotes a healthier one by eliminating meat and dairy consumption. Eliminating meat and dairy consumption lowers the risk of ischemic heart diseases, type 2 diabetes, cancer rates, blood cholesterol levels and blood pressure (Academy of Nutrition and Diabetics). According to Peta.org, individuals on a vegan diet will live six to 10 years longer than individuals with meat and dairy in their diet. This is since meat and dairy products are genetically modified and loaded with harmful bacteria, chemicals, toxins and carcinogens which can remain in the body for years. Is that not a reason for a person to go vegan? Eliminating meat and dairy from one’s diet will also benefit the planet by lowering global warming and water pollution. Surprisingly, the...
... middle of paper ...
...ls are created by the same God. However, humans neglect and refuse to treat animals with respect. Human see animals as a source of food, fashion and a tester.
It is clear that humans should boycott the consumption and use of animal-based products due to the harmful risks that it is responsible for; the risk of increased exposure to numerous life threatening diseases and less prolonged life. The risk of increasing global warming and the endangerment of species in our ecosystem. Boycotting the consumption and use of animal-based products will bring many benefits to not only an individual’s life but to the planet that we inhabit as well. Boycotting animal-based products will save the lives of many animals. Animals are our brothers and sisters; after all, we share similar aspects. A heart that beats, a life to be lived and most importantly, we were all created by God.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Unless the intention is to shorten one’s lifespan, the Western diet, respectively, has it all wrong. On any given day, Americans are found consuming excessive amounts of meat and dairy products. While that may not seem like such a crime—it’s treason to their bodies. What people fail to realize is that they are allowing unnecessary trans fats, numerous carcinogens, and harmful bacteria into their bloodstream. This can lead to countless complications later in life. Whereas, if people avoided meat and dairy for fruits and vegetables, the health benefits from this type of eating habit would be astonishing.... [tags: western versus eastern diet]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- Vegan People In the first place, it is important to know the meaning of Vegan. Vegan is the person who doesn’t eat or use any type of animal products. Furthermore, Veganism is a kind of vegetarian diet that doesn’t include meat, dairy product, eggs and other animal product. Also, vegans don’t eat food that is processed using animals such as wines or white sugar. In addition, many people will ask the same question, what do vegan people eat. - They eat all types of grains, legumes, beans, vegetables, fruits, vegan hot dogs, cheese, ice cream and mayonnaise.... [tags: Nutrition, Veganism, Vegetarianism]
1533 words (4.4 pages)
- Vegan: To Be or Not to Be, That Is the Question Due to the broadening of media and new studies, the vegan lifestyle is booming. Over the last few years there have been countless debates and arguments about attaining a vegan lifestyle. Proposing a central question; should you or should you not. Although giving up the luxury of a non-vegan lifestyle can be arduous, the benefits of crossing over are exemplary. Not only is being vegan healthier, it is also cheaper, beneficial to the earth, and more ethical.... [tags: Veganism, Nutrition, Vegan Society, Donald Watson]
710 words (2 pages)
- Being a vegan is a difficult process to begin with, but there are different reasons while individuals start the process. Reasons such as to have a healthier looking image, religion, and to save animals. Veganism can be started by young or old, weak or strong. Vegans completely eliminate all animal-produced products from their daily diet and initially their clothing also. Vegans do not eat, meat, diary products, mayonnaise, honey, or gelatin (Hackett, 2015). This diet obviously takes more attention and some help from other supplements.... [tags: Veganism, Nutrition, Vegan Society, Donald Watson]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- People choose a vegetarian lifestyle for many reasons. Health, environment, culture, religion and ethics are all factors that play into the decision to not eat meat. Vegetarians do not eat meat, fish or poultry. Vegans, in addition to being vegetarian, do not use other animal products and by-products such as eggs, dairy products, honey, leather, fur, silk, wool, cosmetics, and soaps derived from animal products (Vegetarian Resource Group). As veganism becomes more popular as a lifestyle and as a means of weight loss there has become a great amount of debate as to whether or not this type of diet is considered healthy or harmful because it has the potential to lack important vitamins, mineral... [tags: Vegan, Diets, health, animals,]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- Throughout history the definition of planet has changed greatly. The Greeks defined a planet as an object that was a “wanderer” in the sky. This was to say that a planet was an object that changes position relative to the background stars. This included the 5 planets visible to the human eye (Earth was not considered a planet) and sometimes included the Sun and Moon. The definition of planet was changed and reworked until 2006, when the current official definition was created. This definition is as follows: “A planet is a celestial body that (a) is in orbit around the Sun, (b) has sufficient mass for its self-gravity to overcome rigid body forces so that it assumes a hydrostatic equilibri... [tags: Planet, Solar System, Dwarf planet, Neptune]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- The reflective shiny silver metal doors hissed open and Cede Nazzzuuh strode majestically into his quarters. The doors gave their snake-like hiss again and slid shut behind him. Cede went straight for the exquisite, luxurious couch set by the middle of the spacious ‘living room’ and threw himself onto it. He was exhausted. It had been a very busy but fruitless day. Today unlike the last five days they didn’t find anything of value to him from the alien ruins. It was seven days since they landed on the planet but they only managed to find four gold statues and two gold masks.... [tags: aliens, planet, news, space]
2932 words (8.4 pages)
- Quite a while back in the solar system, there was numbered to have 10 Planet; Mercury!, Venus!, Earth!, Opilus!, Mars!, Jupiter!, Saturn!, Uranus!, Neptune!, Pluto!, and Cornbread!!. This planet was unique to us, we would remain absolutely determined to get its compound and components to fashion our weapons. We needed the Planet for to ourself as a result of what the Planet Cornbread is comprised of; vitality, gas, electric atom, Ununbium, and Lutetium these sorts of compounds are may together and having gives people weapons as though it was given by the Almighty God, no man could envision how much power can be in their grasp.... [tags: Earth, Solar System, Planet, Sun]
1038 words (3 pages)
- Planet X. It sounds like something from a science fiction movie. There has been a lot of speculation about whether or not planet X really exists. Many people are obsessed with the theory that it exists and have done some really crazy things ,such as threaten suicide, because they are so disturbed about the planet. Maybe that is why it is also called the “doomsday planet”. Planet X has also been named Nibiru and is considered the twelfth planet. The name Nibiru came from a book written by Zecharia Sitchin.... [tags: exist, scientist, planet]
801 words (2.3 pages)
- Choosing a Vegan Lifestyle Erica is going out on a date tonight with a boy from her Biology class. She takes a long shower and washes herself with hard animal fat. Next, she neatly spreads grease derived from wool onto her lips. To finish herself off, she spreads liquid from a shark liver onto her face and sprays some oils and liquids derived from the anal sex gland of the beaver and whale excretion. Now she is ready to go as she is sure that she will impress her date with her dolled up appearance.... [tags: Argumentative Animal Rights Vegan Essays]
1603 words (4.6 pages)