During my internship at UCSF, I had the opportunity to shadow the physicians during their rotations. As I listened to the patients’ stories, I found myself relating to a lot of the feelings they were experiencing. At one appointment, a patient had come to the clinic as a referral for her migraines. The patient had been diagnosed with migrain...
... middle of paper ...
... works directly with their patients, where I can directly see the results of my work, allowing me to oversee the quality of care provided to my patients. Dentistry provides a hands-on experience that allows me to have direct contact with the patient’s concern. Rather than diagnosing a symptom, I want to see what I can resolve instead of hoping that a prescription is enough to help a patient. Providing a service where I can work directly with my patients and see my work help them is a profession that best fits me. What makes me passionate about dentistry is the lifestyle that it takes. The approach of providing a health service is a personal relationship between dentist and patient. It considers the needs of a patient and allows the dentist to work directly with a situation. Dentistry is a profession that emphasizes all the skills that I have developed during my life.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A normal doctor’s appointment consists of two hours mostly waiting to be seen by the doctor and around ten minutes of consultation with the doctor. Our society grows every day, by a little more, and it gets more difficult to make an appointment, it takes around 3 or 4 months after you scheduled an appointment to be seen by the doctor. There have been cases where, people need to go to the doctor for any kind of illness, they scheduled an appointment and from there to the time they get to see the doctor the illness is gone.... [tags: Doctor Medical Appointments]
671 words (1.9 pages)
- Dear University of California, Berkeley-- We understand. You are special. Everyone wants you, and considering the large volume of applicants you receive each year I am sure it is difficult distinguishing one amazing student from another. So while it is great that you want to give everyone a fair shot by accepting letters of recommendation from some applicants this upcoming fall, I believe that doing so will only increase students ' burden instead of alleviate it. I know this doesn’t affect me, since I am already in college and do not have a time machine in my possession.... [tags: High school, College, University, Secondary school]
801 words (2.3 pages)
- ... Many of family members, such as my mother, aunts, uncles, brothers, and grandparents, attended four-year institutions. In terms of Yasso’s idea of Community Cultural Wealth, a college culture was “nurtured among my family,” thus providing me with Familial capital (Yasso, 2005, p. 79). If I ever aspired to become a sufficient member of society and possess some sort of monetary support, my Familial capital made it clear that in order to do so, I needed to attain a college education. My ‘extended household’ installed the notions of resilience and passion in me because they were quite aware of the institutionalized barriers I would endure (Yasso, 2005).... [tags: Education, University, Family, College]
892 words (2.5 pages)
- Following the years after World War II, the first University of California Police Department (UCPD) was founded at the University of California, Berkeley. It was in September 1947 that the UCPD was founded by the regents of the UC-system as a way for each UC-school to have its own police-department. The UCPD is today a public facility that lies across all UC-campuses and serves the purpose of keeping the university-community safe. The vision statement of the UCPD (specific to UCR) is as follows: “The mission of the University of California Police Department, Riverside is to enhance the quality of life by providing a secure and safe environment through professional service to the University c... [tags: Police, Constable, Police officer, Crime]
1437 words (4.1 pages)
- Introduction Blackboard or No Blackboard On her new appointment at Kochville State University (KSU), President Mary Maki declared a $100,000 will be utilized to improve the quality of the courses for both on-line and on-campus student (Dreilling, 2015). She looks forward to implementing an advanced teaching and learning program involving the students. In addition, Dr. Maki announced substantial funding will be available for graduate student internships and she is encouraging the faculty members to start building rapport with their current students (Dreilling, 2015).... [tags: Higher education, University, Moodle]
1041 words (3 pages)
- ... A bachelor’s degree comes from a four-year university or college. For a medical institution, a bachelor’s degree represents a student has completed the necessary coursework to begin the process of becoming a doctor. Coursework at the college level includes chemistry, physics, mathematics, and biology. Second, a student must take the MCAT, an acronym meaning Medical College Admissions Test. The MCAT is a “standardized, multiple-choice examination created to help medical school admissions offices assess your problem solving, critical thinking, and knowledge of natural, behavioral, and social science concepts and principles prerequisite to the study of medicine.” (Association).... [tags: Physician, Medicine, Doctor of Medicine]
873 words (2.5 pages)
- Reminiscing from my high school years, everything seemed so simple. I remember that I used to have everything under control in my life, but after I graduated from high school I realize that high school, in fact, did not prepare me for the real world. In high school, everything was effortless and unchallenging. Although, I had six classes, the effort needed for each class does not compare with what a real college class requires. During my senior year, I got admission offers from seven universities, but the one that stole my heart was the University of California Davis.... [tags: High school, Friendship, Love, 2006 albums]
1343 words (3.8 pages)
- ... I honed skills of empathy and listening through these school services as well as communication, service attitude and team work from working in a café. When I compare my skills to those required within the profession, I believe I have a strong base from which to build on. A drive to help others and empathy are essential elements and are a core part of my being. Other skills of communication, service delivery and team work are also important. However, the biggest alignment is a willingness and drive to learn new things.... [tags: Physician, Medicine, Doctor of Medicine, Doctor]
955 words (2.7 pages)
- I come from a working-class family headed by a single mother. I migrated to the United States when I was fifteen years old. During high school, I managed to learn English within a year. My hardwork allowed me to be accepted to the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), from which I earned a Bachelor’s Degree in History. My employment background has been focused in the field of education. I am currently employed at the University of Southern California (USC) as an Outreach Advisor in the Pullias Center for Higher Education.... [tags: Higher education, High school, College, Education]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- ... Hollywood directors John Carpenter, Ron Howard, George Lucas and Sam Peckinpah graduated from the University of Southern California. Popular actors John Wayne, Will Ferrell, LeVar Burton, Joe Flynn, Daryl Hannah, Michael Landon, Timothy Olyphant, John Ritter and Tom Selleck graduated from the University of Southern California. Hollywood film composers include Jerry Goldsmith, James Horner, James Newton Howard, Bear McCreary and Basil Poledouris, University of Southern California Accreditation Details - Since 1949, the University of Southern California has been accredited through the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).... [tags: Academic degree, Bachelor's degree]
993 words (2.8 pages)
- What Makes The United States?
- Outliers : The Story Of Success
- Computer Is The Latest And The Most Brilliant Art Created By Technology Science
- Communication Is Always A Good Way For One You Express Their Thoughts
- The First Wave Of Feminism
- Differences Between Traditional Classroom And Online Classroom