Only those with experience should own this dog. They require a solid pack leader who will train, socialize and exercise them properly. The Doberman has the potential of becoming overly protective and aggressive. It is the owner’s responsibility to ensure their dog is well trained and is always under control and behaves in a well-mannered way. Those who train this formidable breed with brutality are looking for trouble. This type of training can bring out far more aggression in them, making them dangerous and unpredictable. Training that is firm, constant and fair is best and should be positive reward focused.
The Doberman Pinscher is so often seen as a guard dog that their loving personality is frequently overlooked. They are affectionate and gentle...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A few days ago, my father picked me up from campus. On our way home, we passed a really big house and saw a small dog in the garden. My father said, “Look at that. It looks like your dog, Ovi.” I told my father the dog we saw was a Chihuahua and Ovi was a Mini Pinscher, they were not the same. However, my father was very persistent. He was sure the dogs were the same breed. Based on my personal experience, I realize many people are confused about the differences between a Chihuahua and a Mini Pinscher.... [tags: physcial, appearance, health, temperaments]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- Doberman Pinschers and German Shepherd dogs mark 100 years with the AKC. Both German Shepherds and Dobermans were the Devil Dogs in WWII (Mahood). Both dog breeds have given years of service to the military. Both dogs have been faithful loyal companions and incredibly intelligent. Both dogs are ranked in the top five for obedience and working intelligence (“Dog intelligence rankings”). Yet, the German Shepherd is currently the military police’s working dog and its veteran companion, the Doberman Pinscher, is currently banned from living in military bases.... [tags: U.S. Military]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- ... The basset hound has ears that hang low. Dachshund means “badger dog”. We call them that because they used to dig into badger holes. Beagle came from the french word “becquele” which means “noisy”. We call them that because of their howls. Mix breeds are very favored. Being a mix breed means that your parents are different breeds. In that case, some might have mutations. Since mixed breed's parents are different breeds, the child has new traits and characteristics. Most people who want a dog prefer mixes because they have health advantages.... [tags: wolf, breed, species]
1123 words (3.2 pages)
- The America Pit Bull Terrier (APBT) was breed to be a sport dog, they are athletic energetic and a good companion. That being said over the years their reputation has dropped dramatically form once being Americas most popular dog to Americas most hated and feared dog. Pit bulls are nothing like the poor reputation that they have, they are very smart, loving, and friendly dogs. In America, dogs have become part of families and it is not taboo to see them treated, loved and taken care of as if they were a blood relative.... [tags: dogs, doberman, ruthless dogs]
1621 words (4.6 pages)
- There are breeds that can be classified as outlaws. How can that be. It is like judging a book by its cover, and is not that frowned upon. Society has gone so far with this that there are even laws banning pit bulls in certain counties. Fines have been put in place and outrageous insurance policies must be purchased simply to own a dog. A dog is just that, a dog, until someone comes along and makes it into a monster. A dog may be bred to do something and can be trained to do an entirely different thing.... [tags: dogs, breeds, pit bull reputation]
905 words (2.6 pages)
- Pincher Martin: No Sanity When You're Stranded In the novel, Pincher Martin, written by William Golding, Christopher Hadley Martin goes through a psychological transformation when he is stranded on an uninhabited island. The author associates his internal change with external change, by forcing Christopher into isolation and with the use of strong symbolic language. This seclusion triggers his transformation and ultimately results in his death. Christopher begins his journey when he is the only survivor of a torpedoed destroyer during World War II.... [tags: Pincher Martin Sanity Stranded]
1391 words (4 pages)
- In the two essays, “Just Walk on By: A Black Man Ponders His Power to Alter Public Space” by Brent Staples and “I’m Not Racist But…” by Neil Bissoondath, there are both differences and similarities. The two authors differ in their opinion on the causes of racism and life experiences involving racism, but are similar in regards to the use of stereotypes in the world In Brent Staples’ opinion, causes of racism are derived from fear and the insufficient knowledge that a person might have about another that may cause them to be racist.... [tags: Discrimination, Just Walk on By]
1167 words (3.3 pages)
- My Dream of Becoming a Veterinarian As far back as Dawn can remember she has always dreamed of becoming a veterinarian. It all started when Dawn’s parents gave her, Samson, Doberman pinscher puppy as her first pet. They grew up to become best friends. At age 12, her best friend had developed a tumor on his chest. It devastated Dawn that she could do nothing for her friend. She had no way of helping him. This was just one of the signs that everything she had felt in her heart was meant to be. For her, to become a veterinarian, so she could help animals.... [tags: Admissions Essays]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- Friendship Through the Years Two sets of twins live in the house cattycorner to mine. All four are girls, and all four are in diapers. The oldest set of twins, Michelle and Caitlin, are my age, and we quickly become playmates. Caitlin has striking red hair that drapes the bottom of her shoulder blades. She is so outgoing she would chat with a hobo on the street if her mother were not there to stop her. Michelle, on the other hand, is quieter and more reserved. She is an inch or two shorter than the kids her age, and lacks the confidence that dominates her sister's personality.... [tags: Friendship Essay Personal Narrative]
1816 words (5.2 pages)
- We humans classify everything that we have come to know in this world, from elements to all God’s creatures. Man likes to know he has control and the classification and selective processes man takes are all for control. Even mans’ best friend has been narrowed down into groups which man created. In each group are dogs that have been breed for a specific use to help man do a job faster, easier, and more efficiently. “Every breed is assigned to one of seven groups, based on the uses for which the breeds were originally developed” (AKC.org).... [tags: essays research papers]
694 words (2 pages)