In violent video games, children and teenagers submit themselves to the following material: bullying, murdering, abusing, and much more. Violent video games with such material teach the children and teenagers negative morals and negative ways of thinking. In these violent video games, children and teenagers perform violent and aggressive acts throughout the game repetitively. Sadly, children and teenagers learn from mimicking and repetition, and they tend to obscure truth and fiction from one another. “Video games often reward players for simulating violence, and thus enhance the learning of violent behaviors. Studies suggest that when violence is rewarded in video games, players exhibit increased aggressive behavior compared to players of video games where violence is punished (Granic 1).” Many critics state that these games numb players to violence and bullying. In 2007, researchers concurred that these games teach children and teenagers that violence is an adequate solution to problems, and a recent study indicates the amount of children being bullied in school has increa...
... middle of paper ...
...games is continually rising. As a whole, violent video games are negative for children and teenagers.
Deborah, Simmons. “With eyes wide shut.” Washington Times, The (DC) n.d.: Newspaper Source. Web. 25 Feb. 2014
"Do Violent Video Games Contribute to Youth Violence?." Video Games ProCon.org . 30 Jan
2014: n. page. Web. 2 Feb. 2014. http://videogames.procon.org/.
Gaydos, Steven. “Futurist Says there Will be Blood.” Variety 429.10 (2013): 76-77. Vocational and Career Collection. Web. 25 Feb.2014
Granic, Isabela. n.d. n. page. http://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/2013/11/video-
Phillips, Helen. “Mind-Altering Media. (Cover Story.” New Scientist 194.2600 (2007): 33-37. General Science Collection. Web. 25 Feb. 2014.
Whitehead, Barbara Dafoe. “Parents Need Help.” Commonweal 132.2 (2005): 9-10. Literary Reference Center. Web. 26 Feb. 2014
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Many People have put their attention directly on the influence violent video games have on the bad behavior of children. People believe videogames intensify aggression in children, while others say it can be a safe getaway for a child to express his aggression. Many opinions on this issue are stated still today, and they remain divided amongst the people who claim videogames to be a cause of aggression and those who claim otherwise. A child’s behavior can not be determined by violent video games, but instead is caused by a variety of environmental and domestic factors.... [tags: education, behavior, psychology]
984 words (2.8 pages)
- Violent video games popularity heightens in today’s technological society, especially with children and teenagers. Many children and teenagers play these violent video games, and most parents worry about the side effects that will stem later in life from too much violence in these violent video games. Some children have trouble associating the difference between reality and fiction. Also, violent video games hinder the social growth of children. Many people and researchers worry that the violent video games have negative effects on teenagers and children, and these people and researchers believe that these violent video games are the cause of youth violence.... [tags: psychology, technology, violence]
1357 words (3.9 pages)
- At this day in age we bask in the luxury of having easy access to advanced technology at our disposal. From the World Wide Web, to cell phones, music, movies and video games the human race has thought of any and everything to keep us entertained. Over the years studies have shown reasonable concerns regarding the long-term effects of video games. These games can desensitize gamers to real life violence, which is usually seen in the younger crowd. The studies especially hit on the games containing player-on-player violence.... [tags: Anti Violent Video Games]
1537 words (4.4 pages)
- Violent Video Games: They are Bad for You Studies from around the world have proved and disproved the fact that the violent content in some games causes violent acts in people. The research and studies also show that this is not an issue of gender with almost as many girls playing video games as boys making them a large portion of people playing today. Boys though in this instance seemed to be more prone to violence than the females participating in the studies. Another problem I found in the gaming society is the fact that some parents were not abiding to the rating system put out by the ESRB.... [tags: shootings, crime]
1799 words (5.1 pages)
- Do violent video games increase aggression in the people who play them. If so then video games could be responsible for much of the bad news we hear on television. Are video games responsible for school shootings. Do producers of video games need to tone down the violence. What will happen if video games become more and more violent and realistic. On the other hand, are video games to blame at all for the increase of violence in kids. When violence in video games started to increase, people started noticing an increase in the aggression of their children as well.... [tags: Violent Video Games 2014]
3044 words (8.7 pages)
- It’s no question games are a big factor in teenagers lives and there’s no question that violence in these games amuse its audience. Which comes to the question do violent video games contribute to youth violence. Violent Video games can cause youth to pick up bad habits, quick tempers, and fighting as a way to solve problems. Violent video games do play a part in youth violence. When people play war games like Call of Duty the sole object of the game is to shoot and kill your opponent. Games like Grand Theft Auto have bad dialogue and horrible crimes that must be committed in order to pass to advance in the game.... [tags: Video game, Video game controversy]
1239 words (3.5 pages)
- Violent Games Do Not Cause Behavioral Problems in Teens. Violence has been around for quite a long time. Fights and wars are the interest of today’s society of entertainment. People are more likely to see a movie, where protagonists kill villains, over, a romantic movie, where a typical girl finds her “knight in shining armor.” This also applies to how teens feel when playing games. Teens have a sweet tooth for violent games, such as Call of Duty: Black Ops, Kill zone, Infamous, and other violent rated games.... [tags: psychology, social phobia]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- One of today’s most debated topics is whether violent video games cause bad behavior. This topic has been researched for almost 30 years and there are still major opinion differences. Many psychologists say violent video games do cause bad behavior, and claim that games such as Manhunt, Grand Theft Auto, and Modern Warfare, desensitize people to violence, making it a norm in society. Others disagree, claiming that these games, although they can be very violent, can help people develop critical thinking skills.... [tags: Video Gaming]
1408 words (4 pages)
- Since the creation of video games blame has befallen them for violence. Some video games portray extreme violence, but video games come in a wide variety of genres. Genres of video games can range from innocent children games to violent adults only games. One of the most popular genre ,violent action games, allows people to do things that they can not in society. The playing of violent video games often represents a factor in motivating shockingly violent youth crimes such as high school shootings in the US.... [tags: Video game, Violence, Video game controversy]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- It seems like everything coming out about video games is bad. A student tried to kill his fellow classmates, and he was an avid Call of Duty player. A study has been released that proves that playing video games will turn you into a criminal. The many benefits of games and gaming, such as their possible applications to education and their ability to tell more complex stories than other forms of media, are almost universally ignored. I know better, though. Between the lifetime I’ve spent playing and loving video games, and the articles I’ve found, I can tell you that video games do not cause violent behavior or thoughts.... [tags: Video Games]
1107 words (3.2 pages)