There are a lot of facts and information about pit bulls that the public does not know. The media blows things way out of proportion with this breed of dog and doing simple research can shed some light. “There are three main types of ‘pit bulls,’ they are the Staffordshire Bull Terriers, American Pit Bull Terriers, and American Staffordshire Terriers” (Pit Bull Rescue Center). The Staffordshire bull terrier is originally from England. When it was brought over to the states it was bred with other terriers and the American Staffordshire came to be. Often times people classify dogs that look a certain way as pit bulls, when in fact they are an entirely different breed or a mix of some sort.
... middle of paper ...
...e should do the research before they judge a pit bull. Follow the guidelines, stay diligent and do not be afraid to own a pit bull.
Pit Bull Rescue Central. “Breed Information.” pbrc.net.2010
© 2010 Pit Bull Rescue Central, INC. 15 December 2010
Villalobos Rescue Center. “The Real Pit Bull.” vrcpitbull.com. 1993
© VRC 1993-2007. 15 December 2010
Daily Progress Staff. “Pit bulls: vicious or victims?” The Daily Progress 07 July 2008. 15 December 2010
Dengler, Amy. “Re: [pbrc] Response TO Tony Hernandez in Ohio. E-mail to Tony Hernandez. 27 January 2011
Correia, Becky. “Re: Fw: Fwd: Informational Interview for School Project. Email to Tony Hernandez. 4 February 2011
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- On June 20, Charlotte Alter posted an article on TIME website titled, “The Problem with Pit Bulls”. In her article she starts with an event that happened to a three year old little girl that was attacked by three Pit Bulls. The little girl and her family were in KFC and one of the employees asked her to leave because her face was “disrupting their customers”. Half of the little girl’s face is now paralyzed and she has also lost her vision in one of her eyes because of the three Pit Bulls that attacked her.... [tags: Pit Bull, American Pit Bull Terrier]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- When I got a Pit Bull, I knew the risks I was taking. These types of dogs seem to be violent and aggressive. People see them as trouble, dangerous, and killers. This is because of the reputation of the Pit Bull and how they are forced to fight each other against their will. Pit Bulls are known to be used for dog fights and people see them only as wild animals rather household pets or part of the family. We should find a way to help change this point of view. This can all be changed by the way one purchases a Pit Bull.... [tags: American Pit Bull Terrier, Pit Bull, Dog]
937 words (2.7 pages)
- Niko is a boxer mix from Kansas City, Kansas. Kansas City had a ban against owning a dog of the “pit bull” breed. Niko was taken from his home in 2007 by animal control, and wrongfully accused for the way he looked. He was held in a kennel at the pound during the entire eight month period it took for his owners to get him back. After multiple court hearings, Niko was finally released and sent home with his family (Campbell). Niko’s story is a great reference to the many controversial thoughts people have against the laws regarding breed bans for pit bulls.... [tags: Breed-Specific Laws]
1058 words (3 pages)
- The America Pit Bull Terrier (APBT) was breed to be a sport dog, they are athletic energetic and a good companion. That being said over the years their reputation has dropped dramatically form once being Americas most popular dog to Americas most hated and feared dog. Pit bulls are nothing like the poor reputation that they have, they are very smart, loving, and friendly dogs. In America, dogs have become part of families and it is not taboo to see them treated, loved and taken care of as if they were a blood relative.... [tags: dogs, doberman, ruthless dogs]
1621 words (4.6 pages)
- My Pit Bull I. Pit bulls are outlawed in Miami-Dade County because of their vicious nature. A. In 1990, the American Pit Bull Terrier was outlawed in Miami Dade County. B. There are many reasons why we fear this particular breed and one reason is because we fear what we do not understand. C. The pit bull dogs are outlawed in Miami Dade County because of the inbred susceptibility to attack other animals, and because of the danger posed to humans. II. One stereo type of pit bulls is that they are mean and vicious.... [tags: cause and effect]
1378 words (3.9 pages)
- “To me he is a friend, a loyal companion that never leaves my side, a lovable pooch that forgives without remorse, and a gullible pup that chases after every stick, but to society, he is a criminal, an awful animal with a bad reputation, a cruel creature bred to attack without shame, and a serious threat to the safety of the community” (Villegas, 2012) Pitbulls are often feared in communities because of general misconceptions such as being aggressive, non intelligent, and non family oriented pets; but recent studies proved both facts wrong showing the softer side of the bully breed.... [tags: Pit Bull, American Pit Bull Terrier]
1375 words (3.9 pages)
- Problem: Active duty military and their families, and single Airmen living off base at their current duty station are having to leave their dogs behind prior to being stationed on a base that requires the family to live on base due to current Air Force restrictions on base housing policies. Current Air Force Instructions 32-6001 (AFI 32-6001) and AFI 32-6007, limit the breeds of dogs that can reside in family housing. These same AFIs ban dogs for what the Air Force has deemed aggressive behavior.... [tags: Dog, Dog breed, Pit Bull]
1287 words (3.7 pages)
- You 'll Fall in Love with this Trampoline Jumping Pit Bull Every kid loves jumping on a trampoline. But, the joy they feel could never compare to the joy that this pit bull has on one. As soon as his feet lift off the ground, you can see the utter joy on his cute face. Pit bulls are always getting a bad rap, but this one is too cute for words. I 'm sure that if his owners would let him, this happy dog would spend every waking moment out on his trampoline. The kids in this family probably have a blast with this fun-loving dog.... [tags: Mother, Family, Pit Bull, Proposal]
1035 words (3 pages)
- “Animals have no voice. They can’t ask for help. They can’t ask for freedom. They can’t ask for protection. Humanity must be their voice.” This quote by A.D. Williams says everything about the cruelty of animal abuse. Have you ever given a thought to animal abuse. Its not just dogs or cats in a shelter it spans a greater community. Before stopping abuse, we need to consider why it happens. Hoarding isn’t just a show on T.V about stuff in your house. There are animal hoarders. Do you have a pet at home.... [tags: shelter, cruelty, pets]
855 words (2.4 pages)
- The of Euthanizing Pit Bulls Americans have been debating the morality of euthanizing animals for decades, including an impassioned argument about the quickness to kill the Pit Bull breed. Advocates that support euthanization of pit bulls use their aggression and danger to justify the killings. The perception of danger is not based in reality, but rather comes from media exposure. Most pit bulls do not exhibit aggressive behavior and those that do are trained to do so by irresponsible owners.... [tags: Pit Bull, American Pit Bull Terrier]
1028 words (2.9 pages)