Now, that I have been a student and attending Cleveland Institute of Art. I have gone through trials and tribulations. I honestly did not know what college was like before I came, more specifically Art school. Before starting my school year, I was able to get advice from some of the upper classmen. One advice for example, “find a motivation to do your work and do well on it. If you find a motivation to do your work. You will get a great benefit, short, and long term. Even if it’s as simple as buying sweets after getting it done.” I took this advice and thought about it really hard. My long term motivation is work hard and you’ll be successful after graduating. That’s an easy one. But I needed to find a short term motivation. I found out by finishing an assignment, I gained more than long term motivati...
... middle of paper ...
...o meet interesting people that have had different backgrounds, beliefs, and personalities. Everyone values everyone because they matter as much as the person next me. Also it’s a discussion of getting great advice and a place to look a creative art.
For these past couple of months I have reviewing my thought and changes in life. I have change in many ways since I have been at college. I have had so far good experiences and lessons. Lessons that will carry on for the rest of my life. I have a wonderful future set for myself that I’m willing not to give up. Weather it’s excepting my talents and skills to valuing others opinions. Many of my experiences have develop me as an artist. In some way, I consider myself as different kind of artists in my passions , such as when I am writing a paper or climbing the side of a mountain. I am an artist but in many different ways.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Starting at the age of 11, there was this young girl who began to get really interested into makeup. Her dad though, did not really like makeup at all so she snuck it on whenever she got to school and made sure she took it off either while she and her brothers walked home or before her dad came to pick her up. This young girl was only in the 6th grade, which is kind of reasonable now that she thinks back on it, but when she was 11 she thought it was the most unfair thing; why stop her from doing something she like that expresses herself and who she am as a person.... [tags: Cosmetics, Make-up artist, Want, Need]
1778 words (5.1 pages)
- Knowing how to do certain thing require a specific skill. Since we are born, we are constantly gaining different skills from how to walk to learning how to drive. When I was younger. I always wanted to gain skills like becoming a ballerina to being an actress. However, 4-year-old me didn’t know that time that gaining those skills took. As of now, I have many things I want to learn but I must first gain the skills to become proficient in them. There are three skills I want to gain knowledge of. First, I want to learn a couple of more languages that are French and Korean.... [tags: Learning, Knowledge, Skill, Want]
1220 words (3.5 pages)
- Chapter 3: (Rhythm/Time)—The Daily Grind I remember transitioning from high school to college and thinking, “Now I will get to do whatever I want. I can eat when I want, play when I want, and make whatever kind of art I want.” I was naïve, of course, and I learned on the very first day of classes that it was going to take a great deal of discipline if I wanted to become an artist. In high school, I was one of a small handful of the “art kids,” the talented ones who could draw, paint, or sculpt, but now I was surrounded by a lot of talented individuals, most of whom were far more talented than I was.... [tags: Art, Arts, Want, Visual arts]
2139 words (6.1 pages)
- Anything that is worthwhile in life will require some planning, whether it's for a small meal or for an important examination. Like most people, I often find it difficult to prepare, especially if I think it is a hard task to visualize. However, if I set some small achievable objectives, my final goal can be achieved in a timely matter. I want to improve myself as an artist, earn a little extra money, and make friends in the same artistic fields. For the next few months, my main objective is to become an online character designer that people will regularly come to for business and to help myself attain this goal, I have made three small and simple goals to help will me reach my destination.... [tags: producing works of art]
556 words (1.6 pages)
- So far we’ve covered various genres, finding your creative source, differences between an agent and a manager, and creating an image for yourself as an artist. The topic I’ve chosen for this article is a tricky one, and it’s one that should be addressed earlier instead of later. Can You Do This Alone. There have been so many great musical acts throughout the years, from boy bands to pairs to rock bands. Simon & Garfunkel, 98 Degrees, Hall & Oates, The Temptations, Queen, The Beach Boys, U2, The Supremes, Backstreet Boys, *NSYNC are just a few of the most famous, chart-topping bands.... [tags: Art, Artist, Arts, Artists]
1046 words (3 pages)
- Song: Independent women Artist: Destiny’s child Concepts/Theory: Feminism/ Material culture Discussion: Feminists are some of the most feared individuals in the world due to their power, intelligence and determination. Beyoncé is one of those individuals who has had the power during the long years of her career to introduce feminism in popular North American culture. A personal favorite, “Independent Women” by Destiny’s child possesses the most powerful feminist lyrics. This songs brings up a few questions about the role of independent women.... [tags: Sociology, Marriage, North America, Want]
1285 words (3.7 pages)
- A Year in the Rearview Mirror We are born in world where people are classified, a world where each one of us has a role to fill. Most times, it is hard to wake up and escape from this world and its system, so we can make a change. Sometimes some people do realize that something is wrong with our society, however when it comes to get others to see what you see and make them stand up with you, that is when it gets serious and dangerous. We can see how this is true through Malala’s life.... [tags: African American, Black people, The Invisible Man]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- Passion, devotion, vehemence is described about the career that is characterized in this essay. The career that is being characterized is the career of an artist/architect. Architects are licensed professionals trained and licensed in the art and science of the design and construction of buildings and structures that primarily provide shelter. An artist is a person engaged in one or more of any of a broad spectrum of activities related to creating art, practicing the arts, and/or demonstrating an art.... [tags: art appreciation, pre-design services, ]
887 words (2.5 pages)
- Imagine a painting of your life, what colors would be there. How would you show the different times in your life. Would you shade the areas where you had a hard time or use lines to show that. Being a artist that never truly finishes their work would be hard. When you are young, your enthused about painting. As you start to get older, all you want to do is visit with friends, so you miss that part of your life. Then you get back on track and work like crazy to make up wasted time. But you think to yourself “Will I ever finish my masterpiece or will it end when I do?” You start out with a blank canvas, nothing on it, but ready to absorb new information.... [tags: Art Painting]
1536 words (4.4 pages)
- The Life Journey of an Artist Throughout history the role of the artist has changed greatly. Looking through the annals of Art History, the time that we are in now is very different than any other. A profession that has always been looked at as just that, a profession, has become more of a life mission, of sorts. Very gradually the artist began working for his or her own benefit instead of for a benefactor or commission. Is this a good change or a bad one. Is this the inevitable evolution of art.... [tags: Personal Narrative, Autobiographical Essay]
715 words (2 pages)