Anyone can put in the effort for something, but when it comes to being a student, there are specific guidelines for the effort that is necessary. A good student, for one, will always try. They will try even when a task or assignment seems too difficult or he or she is faced with something new. For good students, the bare minimum is not an option. So, when they give their effort, they are giving their all. A bad student, or even an average student, is likely to just try to do the least that they have to do without failing. Conflict usually arises for them almost every time there is something new or challenging ahead. Excuses are often made for them, likely surrounding their criticism for the school, teachers, or the adequacy of the assignments given. Excuses then become regular, ...
... middle of paper ...
...mount of sleep, procrastinating doing work, and so on. Refraining from these kinds of activities lightens the weight on a student’s shoulders and makes it easier for him or her to work throughout their day with concentration and accuracy. Concentration and accuracy are also two of many other aspects that are helpful to be a good student and differentiate the good from the bad.
Some students simply do not care. In some cases, that can be corrected, and in others, the outcome never changes. The point stands, however. Motivation, effort, and good behavior are only the root of the many aspects that sets apart a good student from the bad. Some students can have great behavior, but put in no effort. Other students try their best, but have horrible behavior. Chances are, none of it will matter if they do not all come together. A table will not stand with only three legs.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Everyone has their own types of good study habit, feelings and style in their study. Different methods, work on different students in their study. As a college student, every student must have their own good study habit so that they can performance well in their academic. Good study habit mean a student who can study effectively, keep everything well - organized. Work in a well lit and comfortable area. Most students nowadays are able to study more effectively without outside misdirection. There are a few types of good eccentric study habit motivation for all Swinburne diploma students which are commonly major in business fields.... [tags: organization, motivation, time management]
626 words (1.8 pages)
- Some of the brightest young students at this school are faced with a growing problem. In class there are disruptive and downright rude students who do not contribute to the learning environment. These bad students are a terrible influence to the rest of the school community, those who don’t care about their education are more likely to get involved with violence and gangs. Some of these students are simply “un-teachable” and are a waste of time and space, overcrowding the school and ruining its reputation.... [tags: satire, high school, satirical comedy]
890 words (2.5 pages)
- Students who excel in class and are successful throughout life have something in common which is much more important than accreditations and high test scores. Through the use of analytical, practical and creative thinking skills they are able to face life’s greatest challenges. Every educational institution has good and bad students, so in order to boost your chance at success you need to surround yourself with the good students. Noticing patterns can help you see the differences between students, for example; the students who show up late everyday, those who never take notes, those who always procrastinate and those who never contribute anything when they are in groups.... [tags: Students]
505 words (1.4 pages)
- Are school uniforms good or bad. Wearing uniform doesn’t stop students from finding ways to stylize themselves. Uniforms were introduced in the United States around the year of 1979 to fix the problem of violence among students who fought for the latest designer clothes. The uniform policy was effectively implemented by President Clinton who wanted to stop the gang war problems. Statistical reports state that only 25% of primary schools and around 10% of secondary schools in United States have strictly implemented the uniform policy.... [tags: uniform policy, education, parents]
841 words (2.4 pages)
- Most humans have habits, habits in which they do simply because if they do not do them they feel uncomfortable. Procrastination is one of those habits that not all, but most people suffer from. Procrastination means to put off key things to do less important things that could possibly wait. It has been proving that all most everyone procrastinates, but procrastination does not determine what type of person one is. Procrastination is like a virus or a bad cold that does not want to go away. If one does not stop the problem it will get bigger; therefore, if people do not control their procrastinating they will start to do it more.... [tags: Procrastination, Time management, African time]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- Good Food Bad Food Essay Students have a reputation for unhealthy eating. Teenagers dig in to sugary sweets and bags of chips constantly, eating whenever they have a chance. In fact, snacking in class is not uncommon, but the probability of these in class treats being healthy is slim. While the "Freshman Fifteen" is an accepted reality in college, it should not be a problem that exists in this culture, especially now since this issue has trickled down to the high school level. In the article "Bad Food.... [tags: Nutrition, High school, Health, Health insurance]
1267 words (3.6 pages)
- Students should be paid for having good grades. According to Psychology Today the United States has fallen behind other nations in education. In addition to this, approximately every one in four students in the U.S. drops out of school before graduation. The main reason for this is that students have little to no motivation. Students are either bored by school, or they are distracted by the other things that go on in their lives such as sports, jobs, friends and their own family life. Although learning has its own rewards, some students respond better to money.... [tags: education, motivation, rewards, crime]
717 words (2 pages)
- The Good, the Bad, and the Teachers “Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact.” —Carl Sagan Did you know. America used to produce a 5-cent bill... A hummingbird weighs less than a penny... A jellyfish is 95% water... Giraffes have no vocal cords... The penguin is the only bird that can swim, but not fly... There are 293 ways to make change to a dollar... You're born with 300 bones, but when you get to be an adult, you only have 206...... [tags: Teaching, Education System]
1104 words (3.2 pages)
- Facebook: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly A social media site such as Facebook can be a positive or negative social networking service for college students. The positive aspect is that it is a great way for college students to communicate with each other. On the contrary, there is a negative aspect to Facebook, too. Such as, I have missed deadlines for assignments and turned in late work due to the time I spent on Facebook. One day in class, my classmates and I gave out surveys to get each other 's opinion about problems that can hinder students from becoming academically successful.... [tags: Facebook, Social network service, Social media]
756 words (2.2 pages)
- Are school uniforms good or bad. A dress code in schools has always been a major issue for some students. Some students feel they should be allowed to wear whatever they want because it makes them feel comfortable and attractive to other people. There are many different reasons for school uniforms. Some people feel as clothing is a relatively minor issue when it comes to education. Others may feel they have to compete with the most recent designer fashion look of other students. Many people believe wearing uniforms will improve the educational environment.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Dress code, Dropout]
725 words (2.1 pages)