Most often people only think of the husband and wife when they hear divorce, but the split effects so many others as well that are within the microsystem, setting in which the individual lives, as stated in the Life-Span textbook by Bronfenbrenner Ecological Theory. Often these individuals don’t receive any attention during the process, though they are still hurting. These people are the friends and extended family of the two who have split. Friends who were mutual friends with the former couple may be “lost altogether” due to feeling “pressured to take sides” (Moutria). They can often feel lost as well because they had once looked up to the former couple seeing their relationship as “the ideal one” they wanted to “model their own after” and suddenly everythin...
... middle of paper ...
...ge, while for most others, the first word that comes to mind is divorce. Divorce had hundreds of different effect on everyone involved. It is much more than two people going their separate ways. It is a total lifestyle change. Some don’t know where to begin a life again, others excel by feeling free from the weight of the marriage. Outsiders move on with their lives and occasionally lose friends in the process due to the confusion of taking sides and needing not to be drug down by someone else’s problems. While children are impacted the most, it isn’t always in a harmful way. Where some kids lash out and struggle in school not knowing a better way to react, others grow a thicker skin and learn from their parents mistakes and better their future because of them. Lives are often flipped upside down by a divorce, and the outcome can be for the better or for the worse.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Nasty Endings to a Divorce When one hears divorce, they would normally think that it was about money, or maybe the couple grew apart. Divorce is something that could end peacefully or it could go south and end badly. As the year progresses divorce is actually considered somewhat normal, because we see and hear about it often, especially amongst celebrities. So many couples are getting married so quickly without really knowing each other, and they tend to rush into things before they really know what they’re getting into.... [tags: Marriage, Divorce, Spouse, Monogamy]
848 words (2.4 pages)
- What is the difference between fiction and poetry. A fiction could be a short story or a novel of an imaginary story that someone can make up. Poetry is something that someone is expressing about or feelings. One of the fiction that I will be talking about is “Keith” and for the poetry I will discuss “Divorce”. The stories I’m going to compare and contracts both fiction and poem is how the story and the poem relates to each other, the emotions and tragedy of a lost one, and the settings of each one.... [tags: Love, Marriage, Fiction, Short story]
1445 words (4.1 pages)
- A marriage trend that is becoming more popular especially in the United States is divorce. Divorce is defined as the ending of a marriage by a legal process or a complete separation between two things. It is becoming more and more common in the United States. Divorce may not only effect the people in the marriage, but it may also effect the lives of others. Loneliness can be overwhelming. One might think divorce can be more sad than a death of a spouse. A divorce can be easy to get through or can be an extremely difficult process.... [tags: Marriage, Divorce, Alimony, Family]
1339 words (3.8 pages)
- Relationships go sour for many reasons; when couples fall into relationship abuse whether it be physically, mentally or emotionally abuse on one another and have financial problem along with infertility. These types of things are what can lead to a nasty breakup or a messy divorce. Many relationships face financial issues on a daily bases and many relationships don’t survive because couples don’t know how to handle the problems or find the right kind of help. However, it takes lots of communication, understanding and work to deal with infertility to make a relationship last without going sour.... [tags: Abuse, Child abuse, Bullying]
1189 words (3.4 pages)
- According to Webster's dictionary “marriage is an institution whereby men and women are joined in a special kind of social and legal dependence for the purpose of founding and maintaining a family.”Marriages don't always last in divorce. Some spouses are unable to maintain or keep their relationship, so they divorce. when any couple wants to get married they should have something in common and share the same values, religion, beliefs or interest , so that they can minimize bad ending as break up .Divorce has physical and mental health effects especially on children and women and it can affect the whole society.... [tags: divorce, ]
517 words (1.5 pages)
- DIVORCE Every individual hopes that they would never be faced with the word, “DIVORCE". Divorce is the legal ending of a marriage caused by arguments between a man and a women 's point of view or simply because they just got tired of each other. Whatever the reason is a divorce can break families apart and can cause many physiological damages. A divorce can make a child 's life horrible. It can make you feel worthless or angry. A divorce can make a person change and lead to have sociological issues.... [tags: Marriage, Family, Mother, Divorce]
1376 words (3.9 pages)
- Divorce that dreaded word that no married couple wants to hear. Its an issue that no one personally wants to experience first-hand. It can be a difficult or a smooth process depending on the mindset of both parties. It can be time consuming, expensive, stressful and can certainly get ugly. When a married couple is going through a divorce and there are no children it can be a great thing because the only ones that face the effects are the couple. However, when children are a part of the divorce process it can take a big toll on them and for the worst.... [tags: Marriage, Family, Alimony, Divorce]
1886 words (5.4 pages)
- Making Divorce Harder The society we live in today is full of divorced families and less and less people care to make marriage work. It is easier to move on to the next best thing and leave behind anything that we fill isn’t right or we are tired of trying to make work. Laws should be reformed to make it harder to get divorced in order to make marriage more of a commitment, to focus on staying together, and to give children a greater opportunity to live with both parents as a family. I feel this would help make healthier devoted homes and a better society to live in.... [tags: Marriage, Alimony, Family, Divorce]
886 words (2.5 pages)
- Throughout time, people from all over the world have chosen to live together, or “get married”. Marriage is a beautiful thing, but there are some couples who are unable to maintain their relationship, because they choose divorce as a solution to cope with the problems between husband and wife. For a child, it is very difficult to live only with one of his or her parents. Children cannot adjust well during divorce of parents because the change is devastating for them. Although divorce can be solution to cope with problem between the husband and wife, it still has dangerous effects especially on children.... [tags: Marriage, Mother, Father, Divorce]
1274 words (3.6 pages)
- Screams fill the room to a point of no return, as the walls hold back the fierce fighting between the two. A young boy sits shaking in the corner not knowing what to do, or where to go as he watches the battle continue to fire, hoping this battle does not reach the point of no return. As the little boy watches on only imaging his memories of the last and hoping for the end, suddenly a loud bang fills the house and the little boy notices his father is gone once again. This same tragedy happens in many Christian homes across the world as many parents argue until the point of violence.... [tags: divorce, religion, ]
540 words (1.5 pages)