Direct mail marketing has been around for a while, so when shop owners are looking for a marketing idea for their business, direct mail isn’t always one of the first to rise to the top. However, like everything else has changed in the past ten years, direct mail marketing has also because of new technologies, making it an extremely effective marketing tool. The following tips can be practiced for successful direct marketing.
1. Make your mail pieces relevant to t...
... middle of paper ...
...e, K. 15 Email Marketing Tips for Small Businesses. Forbes. Retrieved October 24, 2013, from www.forbes.com/sites/katelee/2012/10/15/15 email-marketing-tips-for-small-businesses/2/.
Morris, B. (July 26, 2013). Back to the Basics: Why Direct Mail Is Not Dead. The Huffington Post. Retrieved October 24, 2013, from www.huffingtonpost.com/barbara-morris/back-to-the-basics-why di_b_3659032.html.
Negus Vivieros, B. (2012). Making Mail Matter. Chief Marketer, 4(5), 21-22.
Ross, T. (2013). SORTING THE MAIL. Motor Age, 132(6), 24-26.
10 Tips For Successful Email Marketing Campaigns. Marketo (pp. 1-7). Retrieved from http://www.marketo.com/_assets/uploads/10-tips-for-successful email-marketing.pdf?aliId=132260895.
25 Mind Blowing Email Marketing Stats. Salesforce. Retrieved October 24, 2013, from http://www.slideshare.net/Salesforce/25-mind-blowing-email marketing-stats.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1.0 Why you need to be using direct email marketing for your brand. Consumer are constantly overwhelmed by sales emails, creating the risk that yours will get lost in the realm of the over flowing inbox. Despite that newsletters remain very popular amongst marketers, this is because it is extremely effective at honing in on your niche and has an extremely high conversion rate. For most organisations, email marketing is the most powerful for developing relationships with customers as part of e-CRM (Chaffed,2014?) giving businesses the power to reach customers in a place most people visit every day- their inbox.... [tags: Marketing, E-mail, Marketing research]
708 words (2 pages)
- ... It becomes easier to drop the marketing effort that does not give the expected response. • There is a compelling message; There is a strong message that is passed to the prospective clients to elicit interest and action. There is always attention grabbing headlines. However, an ad of this type looks more editorial than a marketing advertisement. This makes it more likely to be read by the target group. • There is call for action. There are specific steps that the prospective client is told to take regarding the advertisement.... [tags: marketing efforts, clients]
875 words (2.5 pages)
- Online Marketing Activities Also known as e-marketing, web marketing, or digital marketing, which refers to a set of powerful tools and practices used to indorse and publicize services, products, and brand through the internet. It includes a wider range of marketing elements due to the extra passages and marketing tools available. Businesses can also develop to a much higher level than the traditional marketing, which means advertising using direct mail, printing, and broadcasting. Online marketing activities are listed below: • Email marketing Interacting with customers through the use of prudently intended emails, which are in fact the easiest types of marketing to carry out, and if the re... [tags: Marketing, Internet marketing]
982 words (2.8 pages)
- The Art of Marketing for New Works: How do You Retain an Audience Without a Name. The American Marketing Association’s definition of marketing “is the activity, set of instructions, and processes for creating, communicating, delivering, and exchanging offerings that have value for customers, clients, partners, and society at large.” Marketing creates awareness of the product and a personal connection with the consumer. Marketing strives to achieve a match between the consumer and product or service in order to satisfy their needs or wants.... [tags: Marketing, Advertising, Marketing strategy]
1300 words (3.7 pages)
- The new marketing channels and tactics have largely been driven by the technological revolution. While these channels often use similar tactics to traditional channels, they tend to rely on digital technology in the delivery. Furthermore, the strategy used by new marketing channels adds more emphasis on the cultivation of relations after the potential customer has been turned into a paying customer. The strategy looks more like: ➢ Finding potential customers ➢ Creating a message to reach out to customers ➢ Finding the right channel of contact ➢ Converting the customer into a loyal customer ➢ Cultivating the relationship with the customers The new marketing channels emphasise the six Cs: co... [tags: Marketing, Internet marketing]
1646 words (4.7 pages)
- 1- Paper Free Marketing A very effective form of direct marketing is email marketing which uses electronic mail to send a sales pitch to potential customers. Hundreds of millions of dollars are spent on electronic mail marketing each year in the United States alone. Marketers work diligently to develop a mailing list of customers they can send mail to repeatedly without incurring the cost of printed newsletters or traditional direct mail. The delivery time is often just a few seconds or minutes compared with the days it takes the post office to deliver a piece of mail.... [tags: Marketing]
562 words (1.6 pages)
- “IMC is the coordination of the promotional mix elements (advertising, public relations, sales promotion, personal selling, direct marketing, and online marketing/social media) with each other and with the other elements of the brands’ marketing mix (product, place, price) such that all elements speak with one voice.”(pg. 12). The objective of marketing is to produce bottom-line results by increasing sales and high investment returns. Long-terms goals for marketing campaigns are to increase value of a brand over time.... [tags: Advertising, Marketing, Graphic design]
1033 words (3 pages)
- Digital Marketing White Paper There is no denying that the world is rapidly shifting from analogue to digital. According to the Pew Research Center, 84 percent of all adults in the U.S. are now online and nearly two-thirds of the population embraces smartphone technology. As we consume more and more digital content on a daily basis — on mobile phones, tablets, and computers — companies that do not embrace the trend in their marketing strategies will be left behind. Digital marketing (DM) — any form of marketing products or services that involves electronic devices — is now essential and should be standard practice for any business that wants to get its product in front of a targeted audienc... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Internet marketing]
1916 words (5.5 pages)
- Ethical Management of E-mail Privacy As I am sitting at my work station in a crowded office building, I hear the wonderful sound of "You've got mail." In turn I open my E-mail mailbox and find a letter from a nearby employee. This letter contains the usual funny joke of the day and a short joke ridiculing the boss, as usual. Who was to know that my supervisor would eventually find this letter, which would lead to both the termination of my job and my fellow employee. Do you feel this is right.... [tags: Privacy Electronic Email ]
2392 words (6.8 pages)
- International and Domestic Marketing Comparison Paper: India and the United States Introduction Nations, like the people who inhabit them, are all different. Some, like the United States, are at the forefront of technology and development. Others exist as third world nations, where even the most basic necessities are hard to come by. And then there are those which are in the middle, such as India. In the past 20 years, India has grown in the eyes of the global community from a rural, developing nation to a burgeoning global marketing hub.... [tags: Business Marketing]
1352 words (3.9 pages)