After a long school day, most students find themselves mentally exhausted by an intensive curriculum. Rightfully so, most developing teenagers make an attempt to find an activity to release some stress, and veer away from the rigorous, mental activity of the school day. Hence, most of these children turn to video games. With the recent increase of technological sources, video games has acted as yet another option for after school activity. With admiration for brutal, destructive, and harsh forms of entertainment, it can be seen how violent games can affect the behaviors of young men and women who are constantly exposed.
There has been an abundance amount of research and statistics on how video games impact the brain. One statistic states that, for the average boy, approximately thirteen hours per week were allotted for video game play (Carnagey and Anderson 2005). However, this number surely varies based on gender and individual interests. It i...
... middle of paper ...
...an be reduced because of the less exposure to video games. These strategies will potentially eliminate violent actions. It is difficult to eliminate them completely. Overall, gamers undergo
hostile, confrontational and argumentative behavior. They are aggressive because of these video games, allowing them to believe that these behaviors or normal. Also, they display these inexcusable actions because they are conditioned. Most gamers do not come to the realization that their behaviors are being influenced. This leads to the corruption of the brain. From a young age, parents should indeed limit the usage of video games. Hopefully, the restrictions of video games will allow children to turn away from violent and antisocial behavior and lead them to more of a social and active lifestyle. Video games, in general, are significantly effecting children in a negative manner.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- On the night of the November 14 2002, the video game world would change forever. This single night would lead a new generation of video game players into a world walked rarely in the past. Concept of online gaming through video game consoles has been used for several years but never adapted into the everyday minds of the general audience. The select gamers who took a chance on the wild card game console by Microsoft, called The Xbox, would begin shaping the future of the video game industry for years to come.... [tags: Video game console, Video game, Xbox Live, Gaming]
1471 words (4.2 pages)
- Video games, the love and hate of so many generations. For these pixelated and sometimes overrated interactive works of technology that has almost taken over our society. But, there is more put into these works of violence and adventure. The creation is to be appreciated with who does this, spending so much time and effort on making them the sensation they are today. The advancement they have made from the 1960’s to now, changing from generation as a seen on social media when those pictures are seen referencing “if you haven’t see this you are old enough” or “you know you are old when you played this”.... [tags: Video game console, Nintendo, Video game, Atari]
1722 words (4.9 pages)
- If video games did not exist what would society blame for peoples violent outbursts, or acts of aggression. The truth is video games have been around since 1958. In the 58 years after its creation, the video game continues to maintain its bearing even when its continually bombarded with false accusations of being the reason people in the gaming community act out with violence and aggression. True, there are those select few individuals that did something so shortsighted that they ended up on the news.... [tags: Video game, Game, Video game culture]
1060 words (3 pages)
- Review of Related Literature Digital Natives in Education Digital natives or digital learners absorb material best when connected to digital devices. These students are thought to be the generation of electronic multi-taskers and fast-paced learners. Digital natives can understand and use technology to engage in multiple activities at once. (Dicheva, Dichev, Agre, & Angelova, 2015) Marc Premsky, the creator of the term digital native, states that this is the first generation, which has had access to new technologies since birth.... [tags: Motivation, Game, Digital, Video game]
1274 words (3.6 pages)
The Significance of the Concepts of ‘Convergence’ and ‘Localisation’ for Understanding Today’s Global Video Games Industry?
- The video games industry today has evolved, adapted and advanced dramatically involving profoundly new and improved technologies, increasing communication (online and through the social aspect of gaming) and entertainment, since it first emerged in the 1920’s with the early pinball machines, continuing further into the 1960’s, with the first videogame called ‘Space War’ produced in 1962 by Steve Russell (Merino 2006) and further developing to become the successful multi billion global phenomenon that it is today.... [tags: Video Games]
2431 words (6.9 pages)
- “Video games are bad for you. That 's what they said about rock n’ roll.” said Shigeru Miyamoto, a famous game designer. Video games have been in this world for approximately half a century. Children and teenagers spend almost every day in front of digital screen playing games. With the help of technology, video games have advanced from straightforward simple two-dimensional games to more realistic, and some life-like encounters. Many believe that playing video games unwind mind, and they are real workout of the brain since it involves an academic and higher level thinking.... [tags: Video game, Video game genres]
2572 words (7.3 pages)
- Video Games are The Future of Education The popularity of video games has transcended from entertainment crossing into the world of education. Video games have been entertaining students for over thirty years but what we don’t realize is that they could become the next main platform for learning. Video games are slowly being used more for education as well as entertainment. Over the past ten years, videogames have begun to mature as an entertainment form. Most obviously, new advancements in technology have enabled the creation if rich digital worlds with vastly improved sound and graphics.... [tags: Video game, Video game console]
1329 words (3.8 pages)
- The video game industry frequently connotes and restricts itself to the hotbed of console gaming. However, this segment, while quite large, fails to accurately represent the gaming industry’s economic, social, and interactive structure. And the game (or gaming) industry refers all to often to gambling rings. Thus, the “industry of games,” as a collection of interactive media, provides a more robust, inclusive notion of play that transcends platforms, roots of origin, and digital versus non-digital spaces.... [tags: Video game, Video game console]
1288 words (3.7 pages)
- The Reality of Video Games More people play video games than you might think. GeekWire wrote an article that revealed that “1.2 billion people are playing video games worldwide in 2013.” (Soper, “Study: 1.2 Billion People are Playing Games Worldwide”) It is now almost the end of 2015 so just imagine the amount now, while keeping in mind that the world’s population is around 7 billion. This industry is thriving in the digital age and not it is going anywhere. Video games teach valuable lessons that can help players in their daily and professional lives, but also they have raised some concern about a potential increase in violent behavior, especially in children.... [tags: Video game, Video game controversy]
1994 words (5.7 pages)
- The History of Video Games Back in 1958, the very first “video game” was invented by a Willy Higinbotham who was a Physicist at the Brookhaven National Laboratory in New York. The game was a table-tennis like game, was played on an oscilloscope. For those who don’t know about oscilloscope, it is a type of electronic test instrument that allows observation of constantly varying signal voltages, usually as a two-dimensional plot of one or more signals as a function of time. This is the start of all video games.... [tags: Video game console, Video game]
1934 words (5.5 pages)