The internet has significantly changed the way we learn, and live our lives over the last two decades. When I was a teenager, we had to do research on microfiche at the library. It is an old, outdated technology where newspapers were printed onto large spools of film and were projected onto a screen. It was bulky, consumed too much space, and entirely inefficient for what it was used for. Kids at this time just need to do a quick google search of any online newspaper archive and they get a treasure trove of information in seconds. My Grandparents lived in Guam until I was fifteen years old. I always had to send them handwritten letters. Very rarely I was able to speak with them over the phone due to the high cost of long distance. Now I can send them an email or text message them a picture instantaneously. The internet has made it so much easier to live that we can now focus ou...
... middle of paper ...
...al version. Embrace the technology! We are better off today than we were twenty years ago. Every year our social network shrinks and we get closer together. My iPad has access to more art-house films than my local theater has had in the last ten years. We now have so much different culture available to us that we are slowly bettering ourselves. Who knows what the next new tech advancement will bring for us? I for one can’t wait for it.
Bernstein, Elizabeth. "Why We are So Rude Online." Wall Street Journal Online. The Wall Street Journal, 1 October 2012. Web. 29 April 2013.
Jacoby, Susan. “The Dumbing of America.” Viewpoints. Ed. W. Royce Adams. 8th Ed. Boston: Wadsworth, 2013. 364-367. Print.
Sullivan, Andrew. “Society is Dead: We have Retreated into the iWorld.” Viewpoints. Ed. W. Royce Adams. 8th Ed. Boston: Wadsworth, 2013. 370-373. Print.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Review of Related Literature Digital Natives in Education Digital natives or digital learners absorb material best when connected to digital devices. These students are thought to be the generation of electronic multi-taskers and fast-paced learners. Digital natives can understand and use technology to engage in multiple activities at once. (Dicheva, Dichev, Agre, & Angelova, 2015) Marc Premsky, the creator of the term digital native, states that this is the first generation, which has had access to new technologies since birth.... [tags: Motivation, Game, Digital, Video game]
1274 words (3.6 pages)
- Introduction: Digital technology was introduced thanks to numerous technological improvements, which have developed and changed society. As expected Postman (1992), “a new technology does not add or subtract something. It changes everything.” Digital technology is basically any software using or based on the binary code, a coding system using the binary digits 0 and 1 to represent a letter, digit, or character in a computer or any other electronic device. Both households and businesses use this technology for various purposes, such as entertainment, productivity, communication, etc.... [tags: Technology ]
1415 words (4 pages)
- Digital technology in education has been described as a personalisation of learning, where the learner makes informed choices as to where, how and what to learn (Green, et al, 2005). Additionally, Green et al (2005: 18) defines digital technology as: ' Where the system conforms to the learner, rather than the learner to the system. Bespoke support for each individual that recognises and builds upon their diverse strengths, interests and abilities and needs '. This definition could be a way to define child led/ free choice play in Early Years.... [tags: Childhood, Educational psychology, Technology]
1461 words (4.2 pages)
- , I read a column that I found to be most delusional. It was an article about the dumbing down of America due to our love of technology. It talked about how the decline of printed media as a result of digital media is eroding our nation’s intellectual levels in all age groups. Our attention span as a whole has been drastically shortened due to our thirst for a quick fix of information. It then goes on to have the audacity to say that because of our overuse of digital media, we just don’t care about our understanding of what is around us anymore.... [tags: internet, social media, digital media]
1036 words (3 pages)
- Introduction Digital learning is defined as learning through digital devices such as computers, tablets, or smart phones over the Internet. It is also known by other names, such as virtual learning, online learning, e-learning, distance learning, or continuing education. Digital learning was first introduced as “Computer Assisted Learning Center” in 1982 . The first online course was introduced by “Computer Assisted Learning Campus” in 1994, in which students can take courses over the web .... [tags: Digital Devices, Computers, Tablets, Phones]
1485 words (4.2 pages)
- Impact of Digital Technology on an Privacy Digital technology has been revolutionizing the world step by step over the past couple of years. The manner in which people interact, communicate and carry out their daily activities has been the highest priority of technological inventions. The internet, for example has caused major changes to the lives of individuals, corporations and the whole world as a whole. There is however some rising concerns over the effects of digital technology on contemporary culture.... [tags: Technology ]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- The internet, often times, is wrongfully judge by the existence of social networking sites and digital technology, especially smartphones, has been accused of ruining relationships. Digital technology and the internet connect people to the world and this connection is beyond “bringing disparate parts of the planet into closer contact” (Johnson, 414) as assumed by Thomas Friedman. If used correctly, digital technology and the internet can provide a great source of information on about anything, it can be used for playing games and watching educational videos, developing great relationship, and staying in constant contact with friends and family.... [tags: Social network service, MySpace, Internet]
1344 words (3.8 pages)
- ... Either pertaining to school or my personal preference, either way I am learning. Having this type of technology has authorized me to go further in-depth with subjects I find most interesting. I have always wanted to learn coding and learn Spanish but never was able too the way I would like too. However with this technology I was about to begin gaining knowledge in both subjects with so many different outlets offer to understand the information. The best part would be how in-depth the lessons go, allowing me and whoever use this electronic/digitally to learn better and effortless than you would in educational system.... [tags: incalculable access to information]
1131 words (3.2 pages)
- Technology is an element of human existence that evolves according to generational progression. Every generation has approached technology and how it impacts their lives quite differently. Younger generations incessantly express their impatience with their predecessor’s deliberateness to integrate innovative technologies into their daily lives, while their predecessors are bewildered as to why their successors are so eager to incorporate such raw technologies. The common terminology used for this difference of opinion is known as a “generational gap”.... [tags: History, Inventions]
2374 words (6.8 pages)
- In these days of time, operating business firms through digital technology is essential to stay competitive in the business market. There are foundations when it comes to doing business within companies to survive. It is very important for companies to stay with their competitors or surpass them through information technology. There are strategic opportunities and advantages business organizations can strived for; if they implement the right steps within the organization. Just like anything in life, there are some issues or problems that can be address when dealing with digital technology through business firms.... [tags: digital technology, information management]
1043 words (3 pages)