With the emergence of the new social media the nature of communication has been changed. This change has led to alteration of the relationship between an organization and its publics or stakeholders. Smith, Kearns and Fine (Power to the Edges: Trends and Opportunities in Online Civic Engagement, 2005) argue that the future belongs to the organizations that can effectively align online and offline communication strategies in their activities. Internet revolution enabled organizations to communicate cheaply, quickly and effectively with thousands of people. Campaign developments, communications, field management and fundraising are the fields that are greatly affected by the online connectivity that reshaped all aspects of community life.
The scholars say that thanks to the Internet and its tools, networks of individuals,
completely independent of organizations, can initiate and carry out civic engagement
campaigns. The traditional communication model implied dissemination of informatio...
... middle of paper ...
...Internet research has more advantages than disadvantages. Furthermore, organizations can also satisfy their research needs by analyzing the content of bulletin boards, newsgroups, list servers, chat rooms in order to receive feedback from their stakeholders.
To conclude with, organizations should combine both traditional and social media in building and maintaining relationships with the stakeholders . The companies should also adopt new communication tools (such as blogging, podcasting, Webcasting, social networking, virtual realities, etc.) and learn to listen and converse with their customers in a genuine way. These tools will help the company to directly convey critical information and receive instant customer feedback. Eventually, the companies will learn to operate in a customer-centric fashion, even in the situations that have significant reputation risk.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Digital advertising is one of the fast expanding and fast evolving industry. Big Spaceship entered the digital marketing industry in the early stage of its development, and this shaped a strong advantage for the firm as one of the most creative leaders. Big Spaceship as one of the innovation-led digital marketing agency, it focuses on the practice of innovation-driven culture and following a distinctive model of engaging with client. Value proposition portrays by Big Spaceship is one of the key factor of it achievements, the differentiation, strengths and weaknesses of the value proposition by Big Spaceship will be discussed in the following essay.... [tags: Digital advertising, advertising,companies,]
586 words (1.7 pages)
- ... The most notable incident of this occurred recently just after the Boston bombings. News outlets raced to post stories first, resulting in formerly reputable outlets reporting incorrect information. In regards to public relations, inaccurate reporting can be extremely damaging to an organization and an individual’s reputation, and it can also ruin a firm or practitioner’s credibility in mere moments. Today’s modern world of communication is viewer’s choice, meaning public perception is vital to continued online and offline success.... [tags: strategic communication process]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- Non-violent activism has played a critical role in several transitions from authoritarianism like, the withering away of the Soviet Union and the Apartheid in South Africa. For many activists, non-violent action has become an effective way to achieve social or political goals. Peter Ackerman and Christopher Kruegler, the authors of “Strategic Nonviolent Conlfict: The Dynamics of People Power in the Twentieth Century,” mention how the appearance of non-violent action as a weapon of choice in resolving conflict is continuously increasing.... [tags: Nonviolent Resistance, nonviolence, communication,]
1261 words (3.6 pages)
- When Strategic Planning Goes Wrong Netflix, Inc. Where Are We Going. Strategic initiatives provide a roadmap of how to steer a company towards its vision—the forward-looking perspective of where the company is going. A glimpse of where Netflix, Inc., the industry leader in movie rentals, was planning to go was revealed in the middle of 2011. What the company did not realize, at the time, was that it was headed for trouble. In July 2011, Netflix, Inc. announced that it would be changing the way its movie rental subscription plans would be priced.... [tags: Business Management ]
1326 words (3.8 pages)
- Defining Digital Assets for a CPG Company According to the latest IAMAI 2013 report on Internet usage in India, the number of internet users in India has reached 205 million by Oct, 2013 with a YoY growth of 40% over last year. Mobile internet users have more than doubled from 2012 and now stand at 130 million. The report also estimates that by June 2014, India will have 243 million internet users, at which point of time, it is expected to overtake the US as the second largest Internet base in the world.... [tags: internet, consumers, strategy]
1891 words (5.4 pages)
- Technology is everywhere. From the first pot of coffee to setting our alarm clocks for the next day, it permeates every moment of our waking lives and, in many cases, becomes a deeply personal part of our day. Social media has only deepened this link into our personal space, and this fact of modern day life has not been lost on marketing experts. As such, they increasingly target social media to communicate their offerings to the public. As different as this frontier is from the traditional avenues of print, television, and radio, some believe that a different message will work better in social media than in other marketing communication channels.... [tags: marketing/business strategies/tools]
1647 words (4.7 pages)
- The Dangers of Digital Communication Today, almost everyone we know uses some sort of digital communication at some point in their day. There are many issues starting to arise as more people, young and old, get involved in the use of digital devices to communicate world-wide . Digital devices have become basically a necessity to us as a society. Most all of the information we receive comes to us through digital media. The news and current events we hear daily are easily streamed through our smart phones and computers.... [tags: Communication, Media, Digital media]
971 words (2.8 pages)
- We have learned many different things in the terms of cybernetics. In fact there are way more than what we ever imagined. Learning about all of the different ways that crimes can be carried out through the uses of technology and how communications are a very important part in giving and receiving specified information. How that all different organizations use this communication to put all of information together to get one big piece of information. What is an insider threat. Insider threat has been defined as a malicious hacker who is an employee of office of a business, institution or agency.... [tags: cyber terrorism, hacking, strategic intelligence]
1221 words (3.5 pages)
- Method of Communication and Different Uses of Communication With the development of civilization and written languages came the need for more frequent and reliable methods of communication allowing messages to reach longer distances. This was essential to the control of trade and other affairs between nations and empires. Early man used cave walls as the media on which messages could be transcribed, this was common for many years, until the Egyptians discovered a special kind of rush (Papyrus) that could be woven to form a portable writing material.... [tags: essays research papers]
817 words (2.3 pages)
- Bear Beverages has a great opportunity. We are young, small and developing a powerful brand with today’s youth. By capitalizing on our strengths we can turn Bear Beverages into the most successful brand in our industry. This success depends on efficiency, agility, and reaching our youthful, tech-enabled customer. Technology will make this happen. Bear Beverages IT Assessment Bear Beverages depends on its business processes to function, all businesses do. Our business processes are riddled with segmentation, slow manual actions, confusion, duplication, old technology and failing hardware.... [tags: Business Plan]
1959 words (5.6 pages)