The most blatantly obsolete parenting style with regards to its effectiveness is clearly the uninvolved style. These parents have no involvement in their child’s life. The un...
... middle of paper ...
...ies in the way parenting occurs in completely different parts of the world. “Chinese and American parents were significantly higher in academic authoritarianism than were Australian parents, and that there was no significant difference between Chinese and American parents” (Leung). Another study, conducted by Caitlin M. Barnhart, set out to determine the favored parenting styles by comparing opinions of college students in India against college students in the United States. The results came in contrary to the hypotheses of Barnhart and her associates. The American students chose authoritative and authoritarian methods as the more effective ones while the Indian students, surprisingly, seemed to prefer the idea of the permissive method. These cross-cultural studies continue and will remain important in studying the psychology of parenting throughout the human race.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Clinicians use different styles and techniques when diagnosing and working with their patients, these techniques are also called models. The model that the clinician chooses to use is according to what they believe works best, and at times may use more than one model technique at once. While the techniques can vary in different outcomes, each has different levels of scientific supporting evidence that backup the probability of generating positive results. There are 6 models that clinicians focus on, biological model, psychodynamic model, behavioral model, cognitive model, the humanistic-existential model, and sociocultural model.... [tags: Behaviorism, Classical conditioning]
1012 words (2.9 pages)
- Shaping the Way We Teach Through Psychology Psychology is the study of how the brain functions and the responses we, as humans, have to changes around us. Upon entering my Pre-Calculus class in the eleventh grade, I quickly realized that I had been called to become a post-secondary teacher. Psychology is used in many careers such as law, nursing, medicine, and teaching. The role of teachers is unlike any other. They need to know how to maintain order throughout their classroom, commit to their students, and realize that every student is diverse in their learning needs.... [tags: Enganging, Reinforcement]
795 words (2.3 pages)
- There are many different types of learning styles. It is important to know your preferred learning style because it will make you more successful in life. The types of learning styles are visual, aural, read/write, and kinesthetic. A visual learner use pictures, images and spatial understanding. An aural (auditory-musical) prefers using sound and music. A verbal (linguistic) learner prefers using words, both in speech and writing. Lastly, kinesthetic (physical) learner prefers using their body, hands and sense of touch.... [tags: Learning, Education, Learning styles, Preference]
916 words (2.6 pages)
- Most parents today want the best for their child or children, but there are many different parenting styles that a parent can have. There are four types of styles that I know of that are more common and they include authoritative parenting, authoritarian parenting, indulgent parenting, and neglectful parenting. Adolescence is a period of development where changes like physical, psychological, and emotional take place. Parenting styles adopted by their parents have a lot of influence during this period which could affect their resilience.... [tags: Parenting styles, Parenting, Childhood, Parent]
1280 words (3.7 pages)
- In this literature review, I will provide an overview of the way parenting has been described in the scholarly literature, the different types of parenting styles and effects, practices, skills, values, and the various factors that have to be put into consideration in order to bring up a successful child. Followed by the methodology used in this study, and then I will produce the narratives that were conferred by parents from different background in my community. Parenting definition Steinberg (2004) described parenting as a way of nurturing emotionally healthy kids and likened parenting to a boat built to be launched at a later date; the architectural process is distinctive and more delig... [tags: Parenting, Childhood, Parenting styles]
1076 words (3.1 pages)
- There are three main types of learning styles that educators need to remember when planning lessons in the classroom. The three main learning styles are auditory, visual, and kinesthetic learners. All students in the classroom are different types of learners. It is critical that teachers incorporate all types of styles into their everyday lessons. One of the schools I worked in required the teachers to include what type of learning style their specific lessons were tailored to. We were required to put V (visual), A (auditory), or K (kinesthetic) next to the activities.... [tags: Education, learning styles, teachers]
1087 words (3.1 pages)
- ... Ball gown This dress is also known as the fairy tale dress because of how it makes the bride look. The ball gown dress makes a bride look like a princess with its fitted bodice and full skirt that flares out from the waist down. The dress would add drama to a wedding especially if it comes with a trail. It is best worn for large, formal and traditional weddings. While the ball gown dress is not ideal for petite brides, brides who are pear-shaped would look best with this dress. Empire The empire dress is good for almost all body types, including those with pear, apple and hour-glass shapes.... [tags: types, styles, decision, dress]
514 words (1.5 pages)
- In this week’s reading assignment we learned about the four types of reinforcement used in behavior modification. The four types are positive reinforcement, negative reinforcement, extinction, and punishment. Positive reinforcement involves the use of some type of positive consequence given after a desired behavior is displayed. Negative reinforcement involves removing something negative after a desired behavior is displayed. Extinction is designed to weaken a behavior by either giving no consequence when the behavior is displayed.... [tags: Reinforcement, Operant conditioning]
762 words (2.2 pages)
- There are different styles of learning and ways an individual processes the information. When I took the questionnaire on the VARK website, my style of learning by order of percentage was Kinetic, Visual, Reading/Writing and then Auditory. Knowing how a person takes in information is important so that they can develop strategies to process the information and define their cognitive skills to succeed in learning. Instructors should also know their audience and utilize all manners of learning styles so their students can process new information better and retain the information given.... [tags: Learning, Education, Learning styles, Skill]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- Styles of Parenting There are many reasons for the different approaches people decide to take when it comes to parenting. Values, attitudes, beliefs, and goals all play a part in how parents raise their children. Although there many factors that influence how a parent behaves, their behavior can be narrowed down to four styles. It is important to remember that these styles are flexible and generalized. Many parents do not fall completely into one category or the other. The first parenting style is labeled authoritarian.... [tags: Parenting styles, Parenting, Childhood, Parent]
929 words (2.7 pages)