According to an article by US News called “The Future of Aging”, scientists are currently looking for ways to improve the longevity of people’s lives, but not necessarily the lifespan(Hobson,2016). The article says the scientists’ goal is to make people in their 80’s feel like they are in their 50’s and 60’s. The way scientists purpose to achieve this is by creating drugs and diets which will clear out degenerative cells (Hobson...
... middle of paper ...
...increase and health care costs would go down because of a decrease in the need for care.
In conclusion, the need for health care is high right now and so are the health care costs. With the possibility of new ways to slow down the aging process and also by maintaining a healthy lifestyle, we as a nation can cut down on health care costs and the need for care would decrease too. This not only means people would be healthier longer but it also means the unfortunate people who do fall ill will have better care because there would be fewer people to treat on a daily basis. This is good for the patients but also the nation as there are not enough people becoming doctors anymore and if we were to eliminate the need for so much health care everything would be better. Though the drug and ideas are still in research mode, I hope someday soon this could all become a reality.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The U.S. National Library of Medicine is a well-known medical library that was founded in 1836. It is used worldwide by medical physicians, scientists, and the general public as means of information. This online medical library is a part of the National Institute of Health (NIH) and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The U.S. National Library of Medicine, known as the NLM, has a collection of, “nearly 19 million books, journals, manuscripts, audiovisuals, and other forms of medical information on its shelves, making it the largest health-science library in the world”(The National Library of Medicine Fact Sheet).... [tags: Medicine, Health care, Physician, Want]
1034 words (3 pages)
- Imagine a world in which a clone is created only for its organs to be transplanted into a sick person’s body. Human cloning has many possible benefits, but it comes with concerns. Over the past few decades, researchers have made several significant discoveries involving the cloning of human cells (ProQuest Staff). These discoveries have led to beneficial medical technologies to help treat disease (Aldridge). The idea of cloning an entire human body could possibly revolutionize the medical world (Aldridge).... [tags: human cells, human cloning, dolly the sheep]
1768 words (5.1 pages)
- Music is used in a variety of different ways. Some are very simple and logical, many others are creative and complex. Music is used to give emphasis to movies and advertisements, commercials and TV shows. Music is also used to express feelings and to communicate ideas and thoughts, without the barrier of language. People who cannot understand a language, can respond to music by singing, dancing, beating on a drum, in whatever way; people respond to music, and they like it (Weiss). A song may mean totally different things to different people with their own preferences and cultures.... [tags: Side Effects, Cheerful, Anxiety]
1451 words (4.1 pages)
- Project Title: Automatic Medicine sorting machine Date Prepared: 1/12/2013 Process Description: The process of sorting medicines are very useful in all pharmaceutical firms as it’s the most essential part of whole medicine manufacturing cycle. So in different firms in Pakistan at a time it is been conducted manually so the hygiene level is quite low. So, after the end of this whole chain of processes we’ll get an automatic system that can sort different types of medicine according to its color, weight and size and this will be done automatically without any human interruption.... [tags: pharmaceutical industry project]
667 words (1.9 pages)
- Many people aren’t sure what they want to focus on during or after medical school. Years ago, doctors would compete with each other when it came to treating patients. Whoever had more knowledge would be considered the better doctor. The present day medical school trains you to know all kinds of medicine, then when you get into your residency, you have the option of focusing on a specialty. You also have the option to continue with general medicine and learn a little bit of all types of illnesses and injuries.... [tags: Physician, Medical school, General practitioner]
1150 words (3.3 pages)
- I have had the luck of being the oldest of my mothers’ seven children, and the pleasure of having three of my own, and one step-son. I’ve spent a lot of time changing diapers, wiping noses, and kissing ouchies. I’ve carried babies on my hip that I’ve seen off to kindergarten, helped dressed for the first school dance, attended their graduation, and even been there when they have had their first baby. I have spent a lot of time analyzing their behavior, moods, or lack thereof. I’ve concluded that there are 4 types of children, I have been blessed with one of each.... [tags: child observation, child development]
1218 words (3.5 pages)
- Greece Analytical Paper Being a health care provider and caring to the needs of different cultural practices could be challenging for anyone, no matter how professional someone is. The diversity and changing demographics challenges health care providers and companies. With all the challenges that they may face, they need to realize that they must know about a culture’s values, beliefs, practices, customs, and habits of all different types of origins. In Greece, the health care system is so different than what a U.S health care provider is used to dealing with.... [tags: Health care, Medicine, Health care provider]
1247 words (3.6 pages)
- Alternative medicine has been around for centuries, although it has just started to become very popular in countries such as The United States. Many people now are following the trend without knowing anything about alternative medicine. People should be aware of the benefits as well as the precautions involved in taking these natural remedies. The most common form of alternative medicine nowadays is herbal medicines. These natural remedies can be found in millions of American homes today. Herbal medicine is probably the most widely used of the alternative medicines.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1581 words (4.5 pages)
- Coming into English 102, I thought that it was going to be an easier course; I thought of it as another paper that I could work on here and there and then piece together closer to its due date. I’ve written many papers throughout high school and in English 101 and did well on them. Writing is one of my strengths in school, so I wasn’t concerned going into the class. However, only a week into the course I realized that this paper wasn’t like any other papers I have written before. I never had to spend an entire semester on a paper before, it was always only a few weeks.... [tags: Medicine, Alternative medicine]
1514 words (4.3 pages)
- In the paper you will be reading it is going to tell you about how to become an doctor and all it takes. There will be cool you might not heard before, there also will be information and facts given to us from the web site. If you have ever considered going into the medical field out all this paper will be very help for you. There are two different meanings of medicine. The first meaning is the science of healing, practice of the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease, and the promotion of health.... [tags: Physician, Medicine, Medical school, Pediatrics]
1082 words (3.1 pages)