In our lives, we interact with many different types of people. Some of these people we will never see again in our lives and others we will start the path of a deeper friendship. The beginning stages of communication with another person may open the door to the acquaintance category of friendship. Acquaintances are people who, even if you see them every day, talk superficially with you. This group of people has a lower level of interest in your dreams, passions, and interests. Also, acquaintances may ask one-sided favors from you, and don 't give anything back to you in return. Finally, acquaintances do not spend extra amounts of time with you and are people you talk to in order to help the time pass by at work, school, or other engagements.
Continuing down the path of friendship leads to a deeper friendship called your social circle. You share a deeper lev...
... middle of paper ...
...nication, acceptance, and helpfulness of your friends increases. Acquaintances are people we talk to, but barely know. They don’t know very much about our lives and are there to hold a conversation. Your social circle is your largest group of friends and are people who enjoy spending more time with you and getting to know who you are on the inside. Finally, the strongest relationship you can have with your friends is with your best friends. This small group of people in your life have the most impact in your life. They mention your mistakes, help you with your problems, keep secrets, and would give anything to see you happy. In order to have a successful and happy life people have to surround themselves by friendship in all different forms. Understanding each individual person and accepting them for who they are is what leads to a successful relationship with others.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Throughout our lives, we form friends to help us discover the various stages of life with. Some of these friends help define who we are as people. There are five different types of friends that will come and go in our lives. They are the wild ones, the dependable ones, the lucky ones, the chill ones and the funny ones. All of them can evolve to be an amazing group of best friends. First up are the wild ones. These type of friends always seem to be getting into trouble. When the chance for a party arises, the wild ones will leap at the opportunity to be present.... [tags: Comedy, Humour, Time management, 2004 albums]
1054 words (3 pages)
- Beyond a doubt, we must know and remember that friends can and will improve our lives. Are you the friend that gets out of your bed at night to rescue me when I’m stranded. Maybe you are the friend that will buy me food when I’m hungry. Sometimes, I have to think about if I have any good friends or if I have none. On certain days, I would sometimes hang out with friends that I barely talk to. Friends will always come and go is what I been taught. My friends are determined based on personality, style, and so much more.... [tags: friends, life, intimacy]
611 words (1.7 pages)
- How many friends does a man really need. Joseph Addison states, “The road to hell may be paved with good intentions, but the road to manhood is littered with difficult obstacles along the way” It is fortunate that men do not have to embark on the journey alone. What is a friendship. How can one categorize the meaning of a friendship. Friendship is the relationship of mutual affection between two or more people. There are many forms of friendship, some which may vary from location and age. Men have different types of friends and they are all a reflection of how close they are.... [tags: childhood, friendship]
640 words (1.8 pages)
- There are a lot of important things in life. However, one of the most important things for people to survive in this world is friendship. Without friendship, people can die of loneliness. What do you think about your friends. Do you like your friends. There are a lot of different types of friends. There are friends that I like and some friends with whom I do not get along. Friends with positive characteristics such as reliable, trustworthy and faithful whom I usually get along with are the one that tend to have more friends and the negative one whom I usually not get along with tend to be alone.... [tags: Friendship Essay, Classification Essay]
1167 words (3.3 pages)
- Surely, everyone is fond of the idea of friendship. In fact, to most people living on this earth believe that friends are the most important part of their lives. There have been lots of sayings, quotes, movies and music about the theme, friendship; and this also impacted many people in the way they see the idea of having friends and that it is worthwhile to have someone to rely on. The importance of friendship cannot just be forgotten like a snap of one’s fingers. It has stuck on to the minds of people through movies, such as ‘Harry Potter’ and TV series, like ‘Friends’.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- A picture collage of best friends, a credit card, a pair of keys that unlock a car and a house, a picture of a favorite athlete and last but not least, a minion plush toy. All these items are representative of a common idea: the good life. The ability to surround one’s self around people who love them, the ability to purchase any item deemed necessary for living, having a home and car to shelter one from the outside world, people to look up to and the idea that everyone works hard and is equal are all ideas represented by the good life according to typical college students.... [tags: Virtue, Friendship, Nicomachean Ethics, Ethics]
2133 words (6.1 pages)
- There are many types of people in the world and many types of friends. Knowing that, it becomes all the more important to select the right people so that one might have the correct friends, but which types of friends are required. There are ten different types of friends that everybody should have, each fitting into one of three categories: the occasional friends, the benefactors and the greats. The first category, the occasional friends, encompasses three friend types. The first one is the grenade.... [tags: Classification Essay, Friendship]
499 words (1.4 pages)
- A friend is defined as someone emotionally close or somebody who trusts and is fond of another. The affect that a person one calls his or her acquaintance can sometimes be very deep and heartfelt. From my experience, I have encountered three types of friends: the chronic complainer, the staller, and the know it all. A chronic complainer is a he or she that is fault finding. Chronic complainers choose to blame someone else or something for his or her actions. Also, they are uncertain about what should be done.... [tags: Relationships]
533 words (1.5 pages)
- Types of Friends I Have Had Through Life Friends are people who we know and with who we have a bond of mutual affection, typically exclusive of sexual or family relations. Through different stages of our lives, life has given us opportunities of encountering with phenomenal human beings, however, others not so much. Through these people, there is so much that we can embrace from; it could be to enrich our persona or unfortunately deteriorate it. Indeed, friends are the siblings God never gave us.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Secondary school]
1582 words (4.5 pages)
- Friends are the pearls of our life. This word bears its great meaning only to those who could understand the greatness of its meaning. Its some thing sacred, it needs to be cherished and build up for many years with much care. Goran Stojanov once said, "One should always take care when making a choice of a friend-as the friends are the ones you pick by yourself." My opinion is a bit different than Gorans, I prefer to say, "Friends come and go, but with the precious few we shall live our lives happily." I specially agree that friends come in to our life spontaneously.... [tags: Personal Essays]
607 words (1.7 pages)