These types of conflict can be classified into conflict over responsibility of team members, conflict over insufficient resources, conflict over interpersonal relationship and conflict of interests. In terms of conflict that exist in our group, the conflict over insufficient resources arose, as there was a slight issue on the use of materials in the second game of the team building activities.
The second game of CA1, as mentioned above, involved ‘protecting’ the balloon from bursting as we were given different types of materials to devise a method to ensure the balloon did not burst when we release the balloon into the basket containing a needle. With the 10 given materials, we were only allowed to utilise 5 of the 10 given materials to design our makeshift balloon protection strategy. Due to the wide variety of choices, we had to eliminate objects that were deemed unsuitable, and we ultimately ended with the choice of either the “straw” or the “cotton patch”. Some of the members thought that the straw could be folded to offer more protection by creating a larger surface area, though a few of us thought that the cotton patch would offer more protection by having a thicker layer of cotton can make it hard for the needle to pierce through. After a series of discussion and trial-and-error through repetitive testing of balloon to simulate how the balloon will fall, the straw proved to be useful as it was able to act as a counterweight which prevented the balloon from ‘bouncing’ vigorously after its fall, and also acted as a layer of protection from the needle. This discovery is also mostly credited to the understanding that exist among our group members, who were open and rec...
... middle of paper ...
...m which is which material will most effectively allow us to drop to balloon without it bursting. We decide that the best course of action would be to test both material out seeing which offers the most protection. Then we also decided to use logical thinking to figure out which material will best serve our purpose. After testing and thinking as a team, we decided as a team that the straw will best serve our purpose and it paid off as we successfully dropped the balloon without it bursting. Another example would be when we are deciding where to meet for this project. As Junkai and I stay in the Sengkang area it is extremely inconvenient for us to travel all the way to school. Hoi Lok, Xin Yee, Eloy understands that and we as a team decided to meet at Bishan library as it is nearer for the two of us. This shows that understanding is key to understanding the problem.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In being a nurse for just under two years I have come across many different types of conflicts between nurses, physicians, and/or administration. The better question is; what type of conflict is worth fighting for along with a solution. For my very first nursing job I worked on a Medical-Surgical floor in a popular city hospital. On our east side we had 12 rooms (36beds) and on our west side we had 8 private beds that were reserved for surgical hips, knee’s and orthopedic patients. On the east side we had type and true “medical-surgical” patients including, abdominal pain, falls, confusion, ICU transfers, and most of all post surgical patients.... [tags: Patient, Physician, Hospital, Infection]
1423 words (4.1 pages)
- Types and sources of conflicts The perception of the work life takes into consideration the existence of difference in interests, values and cultural background among the employees, which makes the employment relations more pluralistic and diversified. In any case, it is impossible to avoid conflict situations, which are regarded as a natural process in attaining cooperation within the working environment (Leopold, Harris, Watson, 1999). Effective management of conflict situations includes the understanding and analysis of the types and sources of the conflict conditions.... [tags: managers, employees, culture]
746 words (2.1 pages)
- Conflict plagues our homes, our work, and most of our lives, yet, most of the conflict hardly ever affects us. This is either because the conflict is mediated to keep it from blowing too far out of per portion, or because the conflict is dealt with when it first arrives. There is also the other type of conflict that if left undealt with will plague the workplace or a home. This type of conflict is often destructive to the people directly dealing with the conflict and sometimes those who are indirectly associated with the conflict.... [tags: conflict resolution, conflict styles]
1353 words (3.9 pages)
- As we started Sociology Class six weeks ago, I never thought that I would gain so much information about how our society works. As we discussed many topics during these six weeks, Mr. Soto, our professor, explained the many conflicts and behaviors of people in society. This course also covered the scope of study that extends from concerns of local communities to the problems of mass society. Some topics of discussion and analysis included: the sociological perspective and research, groups and organizations, social class, social stratification, culture, status, roles, norms, deviance, race, gender, social institutions, social structure, and social problems.... [tags: Sociology, Social class, Social stratification]
1087 words (3.1 pages)
- 1) Power is a difficult concept to identify; it has been defined in several ways by many scholars. Hinings et al. (1967) state that power is analogous to bureaucracy, while Bierstedt (1950) and Blau (1964) state that it is purely coercion (Stojkovic et al, 2008). Moreover, Hall and Tolbert (2005) identify that there are five types of power, reward, coercive, legitimate, referent, and expert (Stojkovic et al, 2008). According to studies these five types of power are important and needed in a criminal justice agency for greater effectiveness and efficiency.... [tags: Different Types, Definition]
1622 words (4.6 pages)
- Introduction The words that I used in my conflict word cloud reflect on both my professional and personal experiences as the selected words and terms express my experience as an information technology and information security project manager and that of a community activist. Conflict is almost completely inevitable in any situation where individuals are involved. In fact, conflict in itself takes place even within an individual. People in general have different needs, interests, beliefs, or values and will always want their position to be addressed.... [tags: Types of Conflicts, Communication]
927 words (2.6 pages)
- Your learning style is your mind’s own unique way of taking in and processing information for you to obtain. No one learns and communicates in the same way. When working with different people we have to make sure we think about the fact that there are different learning styles as well as different personality types. The only way for a small group of individuals to communicate effectively, we need to identify each member’s learning style and personality types from the start so that the team can function in a timely and well-respected manner.... [tags: Education, teaching]
845 words (2.4 pages)
- Explore Nike’s Corporate Strategy: What Contributions and Conflicts Among Different Stakeholders Nike is ranked as the most innovative company in 2013 (Carr, 2013) and one of the most sustainable firms by Innvest (Epstein et al., 2010). There is no doubt that Nike has a strong reputation and innovation image in the sport business industry. However, before 1990, Nike was marked as a symbol of slave salary, work over time and environmental shortcuts (The Guardian, 2013c; Balch, 2012). Moreover, climate change had become a global issue.... [tags: Sustainability, Triple bottom line]
1749 words (5 pages)
- Back in April 2012, I saw Berklee Contemporary Indian Ensemble for the first time at The Loft in their semesterly recital. Fascinated by the performance and positive energy that they projected, I auditioned for the ensemble and got in. I sang with the ensemble for two semesters, both in the hugely successful recital in David Friend Recital Hall and the huge concert at Berklee Performance Center, where we collaborated with Ms. Rekha Menon’s Indian Classical Dance class. I have always been fascinated by the different colors of this world.... [tags: music, culture, class, conflicts]
585 words (1.7 pages)
- There are several different types of abuse and each type affects people differently. There is child abuse and spousal abuse, but there is also physical and mental abuse. This paper will go over each type of abuse, how the abuse affects the person, how people can recover from abuse, and just some general information. To start off I will discuss spousal abuse and its affect on people. Surveys in the US and Canada have shown each year about 12 percent of all spouses push, grab, shove or slap their partner and one to three percent use more extreme violence (Dutton, 1992; Straus & Gelles, 1990).... [tags: Abuse Violence]
2441 words (7 pages)