The last type of main love we all engage in is relationship love. No matter how young a person ...
... middle of paper ...
...is, is by exemplifying that love to people. Being able to love someone as if the world was only consisted of the two them is not the same type of love one would share with their friends. When it comes to friends, the love is easier to pass along to other people that come along because that type of love is replaceable. Unlike, relationship and friendship love, family love is forever unconditional. No one is able to separate the love a family has for one another because those are the people we grow up with and are taught to love first. There are meanings of the word love. The differences of this word comes from one’s mind and heart. Each person has to figure out what exactly this word means throughout their lives in order to truly define it. This word is just a word. The things that make this word are not definitions. It is the feelings we share, expressing this word.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- What would motivate a man to stand between his wife and the barrel of a gun or keep a young woman beside the hospital bed of her comatose fiancé. Love, is a word of endless meaning, a subject of complex debate, and an idea of perfect imperfection; a story without an ending. The Holy Bible’s 1 Corinthians 13:13 hastened to say, “now abides faith, hope, [and] love, these three; but the greatest of these is love” (KJV) I believe love to not only be an idea, but a singular entity of self-sacrificial and unconditional love.... [tags: Love, Emotion, Personal life]
1199 words (3.4 pages)
- Many people have different perspectives when it comes to the topic of love. The word love has been tossed around by everybody and not very many people really understand the true meaning of love. There are some exceptions, but I think this is especially true for teenagers and young adults. I might be one of those people who do not fully understand the topic of love, but I hope to better understand the topic of love and its true meaning is this course. First, you need to differentiate that love for someone and a love for something is completely different.... [tags: Love, Marriage, Meaning of life, Divorce]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- Love is perhaps the most widely used but also most ambiguous words in the English language. In modern culture, it penetrates almost every corner of public and private life, yet if one were to ask its meaning of even three different people, there would likely be discontinuity between the answers. While it is possible to define the word “love” based on its grammatical operation, to understand its full meaning or lack thereof, deeper examination is required. Love is used both as a noun and a verb in modern English, yielding several subcategories such as action, feeling, or even person.... [tags: Love, Greek words for love, English language]
716 words (2 pages)
- Love. Such a word is not to strong to describe what Henri felt towards his general and emperor, Napoleon. Hate. Such a word accurately describes the feelings that were harbored by Villanelle towards the same man, her conqueror and oppressor. If one single man can produce such contrary feelings from two people, then what does that say about him. What then is the meaning of Napoleon. Through out the course of the novel, Napoleon plays different parts. Through the eyes of Henri he is both hero and villain, while the latter description is held most constantly by Villanelle.... [tags: Meaning of life, Love, Ben Daniels]
1508 words (4.3 pages)
- What is the meaning of love. When we are born into this world, there are already those that love and adore us. One article defines it as “ a variety of different feelings and emotions, chemical brain states, and attitudes that ranges from interpersonal affection (“I love my mother”) to pleasure” (Lyons, “A Deeper Look”). “Love” is a unique and complicated neurological emotion which is very difficult to understand. It is just like hunger and thirst, but just more permanent. Many of us talk about love as if we have no control over it, as if it is blind, in the sense that it can’t be helped.... [tags: Love, Greek words for love, Family, Marriage]
1924 words (5.5 pages)
- The particular word translated love in Galatians 5:22 appears over 100 times in the New Testament. This frequency of use suggests very strongly that it refers to a very important concept. In all its occurrences in the New Testament, this type of love appears most often as a command. However, it is also an obligatory character quality. If we have trusted the LORD Jesus Christ as our personal Savior, this quality we must manifest. The obligatory nature of this character trait for all Christians is seen in the following illustration.... [tags: bible, theology]
2276 words (6.5 pages)
- Aristotle, the Greek philosopher, said in his book “Nichomachean Ethics” that "happiness is the meaning and purpose of life, the aim and end of human existence." (Aristotle). He means that happiness is a central purpose of human life. It is true when we all wish to be happy. However, when we are asked what happiness is, we cannot define happiness in a general concept because it means something different to each individual person. For example, for one person, happiness is a sense of satisfaction from success in career, whereas for others, it may be a feeling of being loved by other people.... [tags: Happiness, Emotion, Psychology, Meaning of life]
1176 words (3.4 pages)
- In Islam, marriage is a contract between two people. It is required that a certain amount of money be relayed to the bride. This idea of dowry derives from the word in Arabic; Mahr. Furthermore, like both Christianity and Judaism, Islam is strict on the concept of chastity. It is the element of staying pure. Seeing as marriage in Islam is concealed with intercourse, which is evident from the root of the world in Arabic meaning marriage. The Arabic of word Nikah can be translated to marriage and "sexual intercourse." We see in Islam a marriage being very mutual, we see the concept of equality among the couple.... [tags: sacrement, contract, transaction]
1752 words (5 pages)
- The Meaning of the Word "Mass" The word Mass comes from the words ‘Ist Missa Est’ which is Latin and means to be sent. This is mainly said at the end of the Mass and the Priest is saying go spread the word of the Lord so that Mass can go on through to the next Sabbath day and mainly by Roman Catholics. Jesus, on the Last Supper performed the first ever Mass, by which is meant that he gave the 12 disciples his body and blood for the first time and made the mass become a weekly celebration by saying ‘Do this in memory of me’ The service of the mass can be br... [tags: Papers]
1192 words (3.4 pages)
- Six months after I met a young man, he expressed to me how much he loved me. Being sixteen years old, I thought it to be very flattering but I could not accept him saying this to me. The word, love in the romantic sense, is something that would take so much out of me to say to a person. Love is something that you express to someone that you can not, in any way, see living your life without. The last time I saw the young man who supposedly loved me, was on my seventeenth birthday when he told me I was a waste of his time.... [tags: essays research papers]
778 words (2.2 pages)