In mankind history, the acquisition of resource and land has been one of the many core justifications to rage war with another society. Similarly to the acquisition of resources, ideologies such as religion has been a continuous justification for a group of people to engage in war with another. These consequential wars due to the intolerance of another individual’s beliefs has withstood the test of time as the Middle East continues to be ground zero for religious wars. The religions or beliefs that are in constant conflict of one another have more similarities than is realized. In Mediating Christianity and Islam, the author Malak Amin argues that the only way the two traditional faith will fluently coexist, is through understanding and emphasizing the similarities of the two. Amin backs up his belief by claiming that Muslims and the Christians are fellow believers as they are both descents of Abraham in the One God (189). The intent of this research paper is to highlight the similarities between Christianity and Freemasonry in that if Malak Amin claim in Mediating Christianity and Islam, then those similarities will be crucial tools in creating a more tolerable atmosphere of one another. In order to comprehend the relationship between Christianity and Freemasonry, I will provide basic fundamentals of the two faiths. Jesus is an important figure in both groups and will be discussed the comparison of the two interpretations. Last of all, analyzing and complying information that understands why the two groups are stereotypically known to differ each other rather than favor each other.
Freemasonry began in London, England in 1717. The organization is very secretive and exclusive which made it difficult for scholars to name this co...
... middle of paper ...
... Christians and the embodiment of the Trinity.
The Trinity is what Christians believe in that is the God as Father, Son and Holy Spirt which is also the closing line of the Lord’s prayer. Several misinterpret the Trinity to be three separate Gods however this is not the case. It is believed that Jesus was not only the father of Jesus but was the human form of God himself in order to communicate and be more relatable to that of man. After God’s death on earth he takes the form of the Holy Spirit in present day which is apparent in Christians.
The teachings of God have been brought together in that of the Holy Bible, the book of Christianity. Separated into 2 sections, the Old Testament documents the prediction of a Messiah and that of God’s law. The other, the New Testament reveals that of the Messiah, in the form of Jesus and how he implements that of God’s law.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Christianity and Islam are two religions that have things in common and also have differences. Every religion has their own way of doing things and believing in what they believe in. Each one has the right to live the way they want to, thinking what they want to think happened. There was a lot of information about these two specific religions in the readings, that were provided. There are plenty of differences, but surprisingly there were a lot of common interests as well. When thinking of different religions, it is expected that they are all different and have totally different beliefs, but not in the case.... [tags: Islam, Christianity, Muhammad, Religion]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- Essay 2 Christianity and Islam are most dominant religions worldwide. Statistics show that thirty-three percent of the population is Christian and twenty-one percent is Muslim. Thought they share many similarities in origin and mirrored images in their sacred texts, the two beliefs hold several key differences. Both Christianity and Islam mirror Judaism. From Judaism, Christianity and Islam took hold of the concepts of monotheism, prophecy, resurrection, and a belief in the existence of heaven and hell.... [tags: Islam, Christianity, Qur'an, Jesus]
1399 words (4 pages)
- Islam and Christianity are two of the largest religions that are practiced in the world. They are characterized by their beliefs and practices. These doctrines both have similarities that interlock, and differences that separate them. Learning about these faiths from a historical perspective allows people and myself to be knowledgeable of these religions, and its modern day members. It allows me to evaluate my shallow view of certain religions and interact without misinformed prejudice.... [tags: Christianity, Jesus, Islam, Bible]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- Islam and Christianity have many differences and similarities; moreover, one of the main differences in both religions are the different main religious figures; Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) and Jesus Christ. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is the main religious figure in the religion of Islam. He is known as the last of over 200 prophets that existed. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was born in Mecca and a descendant of the Prophet Ismail and son of the Prophet Ibrahim (PBUT). Further, Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was a very humble individual.... [tags: Muhammad, Islam, Jesus, Qur'an]
1446 words (4.1 pages)
- In earlier lessons, it was seen that religions sided towards worshiping many gods which is known as polytheistic, however, Judaism began to rise which believed in one mighty God and from it Christianity and Islam originated. Due to these three religions being monotheistic and developed from Judaism, they possess many similarities, yet since they are different religions there are also major differences between them. For example, “as opposed to Jewish faith, which was founded on a common ethnic identity, Islam opened its arms to any and all comers – a feature it shared with Christianity” (Sayre 295).... [tags: Judaism, Christianity, Religion, Islam]
1281 words (3.7 pages)
- In earlier lessons, it was perceived that religions sided towards worshiping numerous gods which is known as polytheism. However, Judaism began to rise, which believed in one mighty God and from it Christianity and Islam originated. Due to these three religions being monotheistic and developed from Judaism, they possess an excessive amount of similarities, yet on account of them being different religions there are also major differences between them. For example, “as opposed to Jewish faith, which was founded on a common ethnic identity, Islam opened its arms to any and all comers – a feature it shared with Christianity” (Sayre 295).... [tags: Judaism, Christianity, Religion, Islam]
1304 words (3.7 pages)
- Islam and Christianity have a vast amount of similarities as well as differences. Islam searches for guidance from the Qur’an and Christianity depends on faith in Jesus. Islamic faith believes in the God, Allah. Above anything else, all religious Muslims obey Allah and his commandments to obtain peace. On other hand, Christianity puts faith in Jesus who is the son of God. A major concept that separates both of the religions is the fact that the God of each faith has different qualities. This means Islam and Christianity don’t worship the same God.... [tags: Islam, God, Religion, Allah]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Both Islam and Catholicism can be considered two major religions in the world. Ninian Smart’s seven dimensions of religion define key element in a religion. Despite the fact that the two religions are different, there are some factors which are similar between the two religions. Catholicism and Islam can be compared and contrasted through Smart’s Doctrinal and Ethical Dimensions, the history of these faith traditions in Australia and a contemporary issue of euthanasia. Through the evaluation of the Doctrinal and Ethical dimensions of religion, history and the perspectives on euthanasia, it will become clear that Catholicism and Islam are able to be compared and contrasted.... [tags: Islam, Christianity, God, Trinity]
1430 words (4.1 pages)
- West Africa represent rich platform for numerous indigenous religion across multiples territories and populations for many centuries. However, the influx of popular and organized religions such as Christianity and Islam had modified the overall concept of African primitive spiritually and the interpretation of religion. Even though major religions like Islam and indigenous African religion differs in beliefs system, religions like Odinani of the Igbo people, Dogon and the Maguzawa all have similarities that can be traced back to Islam.... [tags: Religion, Islam, Christianity]
1447 words (4.1 pages)
- The biggest religions on earth have many differences, but surprisingly they have a lot in common. Those two religious are Islam and christianity. Around the world about two billion people, of many different denomations accept Christianity as their religion. About 1.57 billion people accept Islam as their religion. The two religions are monotheistic and have faith in one single God, but Islam alludes to the same god, as Allah. The two religions are focused around diverse teachings. Christianity is focused around the life and teachings of Jesus Christ, and Islam is focused around the teachings of the prophet Muhammad.... [tags: Qur'an, Islam, Jesus, Muhammad]
903 words (2.6 pages)