Social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram have gotten a lot of attention by millions of users in the last couple of years. These days, many people replace going to dinner to messaging on the phone and instead of having a face-to-face conversation in person instead it turns to emailing through social media. The problem with the person you have been talking to through social media could be lying about who they really are. Now from the producers of a show called catfish, is a show about when someone is pretending to be someone else and to pursue a relationship with someone online. Nev and Max are the two host that help people find out if the person they been talking to are real or fake. The purpose of this is to figure out why people pretend to be someone they are not? And what made them do it. In the show Catfish you will see people that are the catfish that will hide their identities because they think they are not good for them or they are not good looking, but the sad part ...
... middle of paper ...
...n and you will do and say anything for that person without measuring the risks. Some people just do not want to believe if that person can be lying of who they are because they person can be everything you once dreamed of. When you are putting your all into this one person and they lied to you shut down and you lose that trust towards finding love on social media. As you figured out that once you have been catfished you really just want to stop talking to that person but you have to sit down or face this person to discuss on why he or she did this to you or the other way around on why this person used someone else. This may lead to emotional pain if they do not have answers. After you have your talk with that person you can decide what to do after that. Once you get to know the person in a personal level 75% of both females and male now believe will not be lied too.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Many cases showcasing this ridiculous statement have been brought to light. In one instance, a large woman was rejected a job as a bus driver because she was thought as being incapable of being up to par (Rhode). The company dubbed the woman as being “unfit” and unable to evacuate a bus if needed (Rhode). However, the woman was not tested in any way and was simply tossed aside. In addition to being misinterpreted, women are also harshly judged by employers and male co-workers alike. The simple fact is, “employers think [women] are not as talented as men” (“Women Lack the Right Stuff”).... [tags: workforce, mistreatment, women´s right]
1060 words (3 pages)
- From scholarly articles to commonly held stereotypes, everyone can agree that there are differences in depression between males and females. What are the differences in the effect (or severity) by gender. What are the differences in what causes depression. Which gender is more likely to seek out help. Does this play a role in differing suicide rates. This is a pressing topic because addressing the possible misconceptions in the differences will help to correct or confirm certain common beliefs. The common view is that depression, when experienced, is most severe in females; and that males are not supposed to feel depression at all for it is ‘a sign of weakness’.... [tags: Suicide, Major depressive disorder, Gender]
1276 words (3.6 pages)
- The topic and goal of this study is to describe how changes in testosterone levels are related to females and males who win or lose in a competition. Testosterone is a hormone mainly produced in males but can be produced in females as well. It has been known that there is a relationship between hormone level and behavior. Hormone levels vary depending on the person and what they are doing at the time. Testosterone is known to affect a male’s mental and physical ability and could led to aggression when there is a large variation in levels (Smith, K.... [tags: Male, Female, Sex, Gender]
1466 words (4.2 pages)
- Through various appropriate and contemporary literatures, this assignment will discuss a universal issue in science. It will evaluate the contributing factors and consequences of the issue and propose suitable resolutions to overcome it. This issue is the differentiation in males and females pursuing science linked careers. Attention should be drawn to the detail that the majority of existing literature on the issue originates from female sources. This is undoubtedly because it is females that are essentially affected by the issue, thus more interest being directed to addressing the issue by females.... [tags: Career Issues]
2779 words (7.9 pages)
- Aggression between females should become a more widespread topic due to all the negative effects it causes to the young adolescent minds of females. By conducting interviews this should help discover what the effects are and how they handled the aggressive treatment. From the research conducted so far, it has shown that aggression between females is seen as a normal everyday habit. But when interviewing recipients as they retail their past experiences they prove that not only is it normal but most don’t view it as being hurtful rather that it’s venting.... [tags: Aggression, Relational aggression, Bullying]
953 words (2.7 pages)
- The Difference Between Men and Women The fact that men and women are different is well known. Some of these differences are constant and some are not; some have changed in the past and some are about to change in the future. While some physical differences are obvious, some of them are controversial; in addition, psychological and cognitive differences are always divisive. Men are considered to be physically stronger than women. First, the physical duties of a household always seem to be a job for the man of the house.... [tags: Gender Difference Human Development Essays]
666 words (1.9 pages)
- Sex is “the average, reliable, biological differences between males and females” (Auleb 1). One biological difference between males and females is in external genitalia: males have penises whereas females have vaginas. Sexuality refers to one 's sexual orientation, sexual behaviors, and capacity for sexual feelings (YourDictionary.com). Someone who is not sexually attracted to anyone may tell others that they are asexual. And sexual identity is one 's conception of themselves in terms of to whom they are sexually and romantically attracted, if they experience sexual or romantic attraction at all (Wikipedia.org).... [tags: Sexual orientation, Homosexuality, Transgender]
1187 words (3.4 pages)
- Differences in Visual Spatial Ability Among Females and Males Running head: The differences in visual spatial ability among females and males The differences in visual spatial ability among females and males: Does practice have an effect on performance. Abstract Many scientists have studied the sex differences in spatial abilities. Different designs of testing have been used to test this subject. A simple Mental Rotation Test (MRT) was designed to test the spatial abilities of males verse females in identifying rotated objects.... [tags: Papers]
1553 words (4.4 pages)
- Comparing Males and Females in Driving School I am a business consultant brought in to have a look at the performance of a driving school. I have been given the raw data which shows, in no particular order, how different students have got on in their driving tests. Introduction: This experiment has the aim of proving the hypotheses (that I shall develop) by handling data and managing it effectively to instigate realistic results. The hypotheses will be based upon test results from a driving school.... [tags: Papers]
891 words (2.5 pages)
- Comparing the Managerial Styles of Males and Females Nearly half of the U.S. workforce is now made up of women, and women are a growing percentage of the workforce in most countries throughout the world (Robbins, 2005:18). It is common to find a woman supervising or managing a group of men. This paper will discuss the difference, if exists, between the managerial styles of males and females. First, we will shed some light on the basic differences in personality traits and competencies between men and women, and then will analyze the different cultural perceptions of a working man and woman, after that, we will discuss the interaction effect of gender of supervisor and gender of subordinate... [tags: Business Management Studies]
3614 words (10.3 pages)