Yo yo diets creeps up on you. When I was in my 20’s, I ate what I wanted, I drank what I wanted, and I knew that no matter what, I could easily get back into shape in 2 weeks with just a few gym workouts.
That all changed in my mid-thirties. I noticed that I needed to work out longer and harder, and it took twice as long to get back into shape. I felt like it happened overnight! This was the result of having children, changes in hormones, and a busy schedule that made it difficult to find the time to stay as active as I needed to be.
I also used to be a lover of Yo-Yo diets. The Atkins Diet, the Slim Fast Diet, the grapefruit juice diet… A quick way to lose weight, but UNSUSTAINABLE. As soon as the weight came off and I started to eat like a normal person again, a few pounds here and there started to reappear and then I had to do it all over again. It was tiring!! The yo-yo dieting was destroying my metabolism.
Ladies, think of it this way: you lower your calorie intake to lose weight or deprive your body o...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The western diet is best known for it’s Big Macs, Hot Cheetos, and Diet Coke. We are the kings of processed foods. Our cows have swollen udders, chickens are mass conceived, and some meats are no longer actual meat. In the United States, we have become an industry of twinkie eating and processed tea drinking zombies. Michael Pollan said it best in his article, The Elephant in the Room, from The Omnivore’s Dilemma that we would not be reading articles about our diet if it was “intact and healthy” (Pollan).... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Immune system, Organic food]
1358 words (3.9 pages)
- Slim-Fast® and Weight Loss A Little History Lesson According to Good Housekeeping, the liquid diet drink trend began in the early 1930’s, with “Dr. Stoll’s Diet-Aid, the Natural Reducing Food.” This low-calorie product, a combination of milk chocolate, starch, whole wheat, and bran, mixed with water to create drinks that replaced breakfast and lunch (http://homearts.com/gh/health/07nutrb2.htm). Since then, numerous liquid products and other diet-aid derivatives have entered the market promising to shed weight and encouraging healthy lifestyles.... [tags: Diet Health Nutrition Papers]
3213 words (9.2 pages)
- Introduction Diet and exercise can take inches off your waist. Comstock Images/Stockbyte/Getty Images Don't be surprised if those endless crunches and sit-ups you've been doing aren't slimming down your midsection. Super exercising one area in an effort to slim it down doesn't work; only full-body weight loss through diet and exercise can make you lose inches from your midriff. (See References 1) Not only will this improve your appearance, it'll also improve your health, because excess fat around your midsection heightens your risk of serious conditions, such as high blood pressure and heart disease.... [tags: health, weight, training]
758 words (2.2 pages)
- How to Slim Down Your Body Fast with Vaser Liposuction. Are you looking for ways to slim down your body. If yes, then not to worry at all as this post below will give you all the necessary information on how to slim down your body. There are various ways by which you can slim down your body such as drinking more water, eating a healthy diet, eating fruits and vegetables and not eating too much. However, getting a slim body is not the only thing that you should achieve but staying both fit and slim should be your intention so that you can lead a healthy life.... [tags: Obesity, Muscle, Nutrition, Dieting]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- "We have the best raw materials in the world, both quantitatively and qualitatively, but most of them are ruined in the process of preparing them for the table." stated H.L. Mencken in reference to America and our usage of food (Mitzewich). Food is a necessity for life and survival, however, with the structure of the American diet, the food we eat is assisting us into our [early] graves. Americans are highly unaware of what they are stuffing down their throats and even less unaware of the generational effects.... [tags: American Diet, Processed Food, Fast Food Indusrty]
955 words (2.7 pages)
- Do you think our country would be healthier if we were able to spend less money on good foods and more on junk food. Would our citizens have a lower chance of being obese if we had drive through fruit stands that served salads on the dollar menu rather than burgers and fries. In the last hundred years alone, our world has invested more money into greasy fast foods than they do in healthy and organic farm foods. Not only has it increased the chance of becoming obese, but unhealthy diets have increased diseases and deaths due to being overweight.... [tags: Nutrition, Junk food, Fast food, Healthy diet]
1471 words (4.2 pages)
- THE NON-DIET APPROACH TO MEDITATE SLIM The ‘Meditate Slim’ journey is designed to inspire and empower you, raise your awareness, and teach you techniques to improve your mind-body connection. Throughout these eight weeks – in simple terms – you are going on an ‘enlightened diet.’ One that focuses internally instead of externally. Like most individuals that begin this course, you are probably excited because this is very different than anything you have tried before. You aren’t going to be encouraged to fast, or undergo an extreme detox or lengthy cleanse.... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Eating, Philosophy of mind]
1046 words (3 pages)
- “Laughter brightest, where food is best.” Food is essential for human to consume the nutrition and keep the body functioning. The lifestyle of the Japanese has been changed since fast food restaurants were introduced to the food industry in Japan. Youth Japanese prefer to eat potato chips instead of Japanese rice crackers, soda drinks replace Japanese tea, and a strawberry jam sweeps away sweat red bean paste. As the result, the average weight of Japanese citizens have increased statistically. Japanese are replacing their low-fat diet to the western style foods.... [tags: cheap, products, weight, diseases]
742 words (2.1 pages)
- Florida Grapefruit and the Natural Environment The southern states of America are known for their fruits. The warm climate and lowered elevation make a great environment for fruit trees, and many states rely on the export of these fruits as part of their economy. It is an example of humans taking control of nature and using it to their advantage. Ironically, nature sometimes takes away that control. The grapefruit market in Florida has declined in the last ten years. According to Lizette Alvarez’s article titled, “For Florida Grapefruit, One Blow After Another,” growers used to sell 41 million crates of grapefruits a year, and they are projected to yield only 16 million this year.... [tags: Genetically modified organism]
1193 words (3.4 pages)
- To Fast or Not to Fast. Introduction "Rapid weight loss", "quick and easy weight loss", "preventative", "therapeutic" and "low cost"; with these guarantees, who would not want to attempt a seemingly unchallenging fasting diet!. According to a report on the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) web site, as of 1995, tens of millions of Americans are dieting at any given time, in the process spending more than $33 billion annually on weight-reduction products. Are you playing the weight loss game. Here I will identify weight-loss programs advertised on the internet, discuss their claims to success, highlight specific fallacious claims, and report on findings of both the FDA and various medical... [tags: Weight Loss Dieting Diet Papers]
2307 words (6.6 pages)